Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to test my two 5L's again, haven't had some beer I was willing to waste until now. They made the beer pretty metallic the first time round so not expecting a miracle, but thought I'd have another crack before having to go thru the replacement process.

I've still got regulator issues. I've packed my 5litre kegs away to. the hassle is more than it's worth. I don't get metallic taste but the regulator issues piss me off every time,it's better if I don't see them. I Need to hide this thread to. They would make good growlers to transport beer in then pour manually into a glass. I use my 2 litre to clean my beer lines.

Mine are shit too kingy. He's cool to replace them. Yours too of course

Have you two got the non return valves attached to your reg. I found if in the shut mode (can happen when you first attached it to the mini keg) then low pressure from a co2 bulb say 8 to 10 psi can struggle to open it, so I give it full pressure then turn back. Has been working a treat.
Hope it helps.

I already have a mini keg, what am i up for for mini reg,tap,spear and fittings ? or maybe i should get another complete 4l so i have a spare keg.

I already have a mini keg, what am i up for for mini reg,tap,spear and fittings ? or maybe i should get another complete 4l so i have a spare keg.
i think you will find the buy has been closed and its just sorting out issues now.

thats cool, just thinking for next time.
You can buy any of it anytime at All Things Home Brew. Or similar at Beerkat.
I'll repeat too. I have the full combo for all three sized mini kegs. No issues for me so far. They're cool. :cool:

Last edited:
guys you can also buy through the sponsor that this buy is through aka all things home-brew.
lets remember that this is a bulk buy through a sponsor not a discussion thread.

Zorco can you add me to the PM, I've got a metallic taste in my kegs as well.

Zorco, would you please add me to the PM, finally got around to cleaning one of the 5l kegs. And a black film was still present afterwards?

Zorco, can you add me to the PM list?
Mine get a definite metallic taste after about a week in the mini keg.

Hell, how many taste metal. I must be lucky or is it the 4 litre ones that are ok. Perhaps I might like the taste of metal and not know it:question:Feel for those whose kegs are not usable until replaced.

Wondering the same thing Grott. I thought I tasted it the first time but now think I was being paranoid.

What I want to know is the people that have had them replaced, has the taste gone away in the new batch?

Hmmm, I picked up five x 4L's so I guess you got lucky.
I've lost about 30L over the past few months... thoroughly cleaned and filled a couple of kegs each brew and the metal keeps on coming through.

Back