Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished my RIS keg and was astonished to see black residue in there.. A good rinse, perc and starsan made it pretty shiny again so all good now.

I dumped the perc that I used for soaking the keg before I left for work this morning.
Found some tiny shiny stuff coming out of the keg. Will find out more when I return tonight.
How do I know if it has corrosion issue?

Haciluku said:
I dumped the perc that I used for soaking the keg before I left for work this morning.
Found some tiny shiny stuff coming out of the keg. Will find out more when I return tonight.
How do I know if it has corrosion issue?
It will be rusty...

I think you have to leave some beer in it for a week or 3 and see how it looks and tastes. I was supposed to to that with mine but I erm... drank it in 3 days.

I only found rust in mine by sticking a USB camera in there.

edit: the beer did go a bit cloudy after 3 days though.

Ok, did a bit of investigation on the keg before coming back from back.
Using torch light to the best I can, I can see a few tiny dints on the internal surface. It also looks like black particles stick on the surface, similar to the welding particles but can't tell if it is rusty or not. The weld looks OK. Really hard to see it when torch light. This is on the 5L keg.

On the 2L keg, quite similar to what I found on the 5L keg. Also, I can see the internal surface is not smooth.

Well, it is what it is. Will fill it up with beer, and see what happen next.

Every keg has its own unique imperfections on the inside. I feel geeky like getting out the inspection cam to film the inside of every keg I have just to freak people out.
Another time maybe.
Clean well, don't be mean on the cleans.

Am I correct in that the mini kegs are rated to 30psi? I want to force carb my 4l at a percentage of what I force carb the larger kegs but I do those at 30psi. I'm concerned I'll damage the keg or the prev will let go at that pressure.

Has anybody come up with a suitable force carb method? I don't want to set and forget these 4litre kegs.

I'm glad no one responded to above as yet. The kegs are rated to 60psi so I don't have a problem.

Obviously a senior citizens moment, and I'm allowed some. ( think I got mixed up with mini reg max psi of 30 )

Footy today,love my mini keg and mini reg 20170506_160917.jpg20170506_160859.jpg

My kegs defiantly give a weird metalic flavour after the beer has been in it for more than a few days. Didn't notice at first because I would drain them the same day I filled them but after stroking some beer in them it's obvious.

How can I get them replaced?

My kegs defiantly give a weird metalic flavour after the beer has been in it for more than a few days. Didn't notice at first because I would drain them the same day I filled them but after stroking some beer in them it's obvious.

How can I get them replaced?

I don't think you will get an answer, way to many of us want the same thing.

Bullshit Batz. ATHB has arranged replacement kegs and has been told they are en-route to Australia.

New kegs from the supplier, received by beerkat have more mass and no problems (so far)

ATHB will issue replacement from the new stock and not the stock he has. Catch 22 for him and he has proceeded at as much risk as one might afford.

So good onya Batz. The correct answer is:" Ask Zorco to add you to the PM, then you can add your details to the spreadsheet and upload photos is you want. It's been a long process but you can simply call ATHB (or Beerkat if you bought from him) to mention your concerns"

If that hasn't sunk in, I'll repeat it as often as I have to.

Zorco "Not enjoying stupid shit well today" Cosdog.

Someones got their bum in their hand today.

Bullshit Batz. ATHB has arranged replacement kegs and has been told they are en-route to Australia.

New kegs from the supplier, received by beerkat have more mass and no problems (so far)

ATHB will issue replacement from the new stock and not the stock he has. Catch 22 for him and he has proceeded at as much risk as one might afford.

So good onya Batz. The correct answer is:" Ask Zorco to add you to the PM, then you can add your details to the spreadsheet and upload photos is you want. It's been a long process but you can simply call ATHB (or Beerkat if you bought from him) to mention your concerns"

If that hasn't sunk in, I'll repeat it as often as I have to.

Zorco "Not enjoying stupid shit well today" Cosdog.

OK I have gone back and read the last few PM's.
My apologies to ATHB, I see you are onto it

Zorco...sorry.....now

index.jpg

An apology with an insult. You're a cockhead according to a warrant officer I once knew.

But. All good. And you're right. Was feeling some lovely bum today... had a shower with said bum after...

Sit back sparky. You've given enough advice today

Back