Melbourne - Grain Bulk Buy Sept 08

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also "love" to find out what the beer was that they had on tap for the demo. Was bloody lovely! B)

Stupid me forgets to ask at the counter. <_<

Anybody know?

Warren -

Top work Haysie. Appreciated by all. Seems to run very smooth. It was great to see a few familiar faces and put a face to a handle for others. Couldn't have asked for it to be better organized than that...and kudos out to G&G for making it all possible, my hat's off to you guys.

Maple

Top effort Haysie and well organised. Big plus not having to dodge giant fork lifts this time around.

Top effort Haysie and well organised.
+1

Broke some of my sacks in this arvo by brewing a 'welcome to spring' saison
used some nice ekg and styrian plugs
:beerbang:

was nice meeting some new faces and seeing some old ones, good idea supporting g n g I think

Cheers guys

Q

Yeah, top effort Haysie!!! Extremely organised.

Good to meet you guys too, and put a face to a name.

Thanks Haysie & Arthur for organising the buy. From the outside looking in it seemed to be a no-hassle event. I hope from the
inside looking out it was the same. It was great to put some faces to names.

We left the NE about 6.30am, put our 11 bags in the Ford, enjoyed the Vienna and Pale Ale, enjoyed the conversation and then
headed north.

The cops have worked out a way of narrowing down the drug couriers on the hwy. They wait till they see a rental car, suss
looking occupants and the suspension bottoming out and pull them over for a rego check. Like shooting fish in a barrel. I was
sure we were going to be pulled over but they left us alone.

First stop was Beechworth (only a small diversion) where we had a few at the Bridge Rd Brewery. The Robust Porter was
beautiful. Ben is going to present at the conference next month and he is definitely a brewer worth listening to.

Then a couple more at Mick's place as we split the bags. I got home about 5.00pm after a top day.

Thanks again everyone,
smudge

Top effort Haysie and well organised. Big plus not having to dodge giant fork lifts this time around.

You also win the most elegant transport award Devo... SWMBO's Merc over the trusty old Ford. :D

Oh and thanks Razz. ;)

Warren -

Well done Arthur, some great shots!
Smudge, bridge brewery = :beer: , when in Wangaratta, I often have a look see at the "Pinsent", wife pokies, i drink micro`s. They are very good beers.
Once again thx everyone for the words, and thank you for making it hassle free.
Haysie

Thanks Haysie for organising the bulk buy.

We haven't long arrived home and unpacked the car.

ilikebeer is organising his grain storage.

He enjoyed meeting a few like minded people and seeing a different range of brewing supplies
as what we have available is very limited.

Denise

Very well organised BB haysie, i think you have raised the bar here mate....looks like its yours to keep :)

Great to see everyone from previous BB's and put faces to names of some others.

Great to talk beer and have beer on tap.

Cheers,
Andrew

Very well organised BB haysie, i think you have raised the bar here mate....looks like its yours to keep :)

Great to see everyone from previous BB's and put faces to names of some others.

Great to talk beer and have beer on tap.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew,
Talking to a few on the day, i`ll see you in 6 months, then.... if i did it again ....... 12 months.
As Devo said in a previous post re. dodging monster trucks, it was just in the back of my mind things could be better, logistics wise. So I threw it out there and here we are.
With one under the belt from G&G things can only get better.
Good luck to everybody who was dropping brews in for Vicbrew also. I had a crack and entered a couple as well. If that Chris Taylor mentions "greeen apples" once more........................ :eek:

:p in cheek

Haysie

Next time it wont be Melbourne bulk, we had Portland, Albury, Bendigo and Hastings represented.

spelling agian!!

Back