Kk Co2 Bottles - Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from Beerbelly, it has all those stamps inc "gas cylinder test station stamping (in the form of a cylinder logo + registration number)". I dont know the actual design reg number for the bottle , it has 302372 stamped on so maybe thats it. Amanda at Beerbelly told me they had a previous batch with no test station logo& reg num which came with a certificate but she sent them back. Hope that helps. Cheers
Glaab, the design reg no is SD 20081074-1 - according to the document link which has now mysteriously disappeared from their website - and must be stamped on the bottle (ie if it was manufactured per this design). As I understand, the stamping requirements should be per the Safework SA e-mail.

Glaab, the design reg no is SD 20081074-1 - according to the document link which has now mysteriously disappeared from their website - and must be stamped on the bottle (ie if it was manufactured per this design). As I understand, the stamping requirements should be per the Safework SA e-mail.

So it needs to be stamped on? - mine only seems to have it on a sticker - it does have the testing stamp though.
Don't want any nasty suprises when I go to get a refill.

So it needs to be stamped on? - mine only seems to have it on a sticker - it does have the testing stamp though.
Don't want any nasty suprises when I go to get a refill.
I just swapped my empty one out out keg king in Springvale,top guy to deal with ;) and only $25 bucks changer over.Very happy

I just swapped my empty one out out keg king in Springvale,top guy to deal with ;) and only $25 bucks changer over.Very happy

That's what I want to hear ... does your newly swapped bottle have all 3 stamps? if so then it should be refillable just about anywhere.

That's what I want to hear ... does your newly swapped bottle have all 3 stamps? if so then it should be refillable just about anywhere.
Yep,new bottle is stamped ;)
All though on there sticker is say that you will void warranty if filled at any other place othere than a keg king refill station.I wouldnt be to concerned about that though :)

Yep,new bottle is stamped ;)
All though on there sticker is say that you will void warranty if filled at any other place othere than a keg king refill station.I wouldnt be to concerned about that though :)

Hello Guys,

It's Kee here from Keg King. I dont usually go onto these forums unless I am looking for some mashing tips but when you see a thread that is about your own business I guess you feel compelled to say something.

Hydrostatic Test Stamp
All our cylinder are hydrostatically tested twice before they are released. They are done the first time when the cylinder is manufactured and also a second time just before the vales are put into the cylinders. Most of them are now processed in batch sizes of approximately 1000 units at a time. After all the cylinders have been valved they go to the next stage where they are all manually stamped with the test station mark. From time to time it is possible that a cylinder can be missed during the samping process and once they enter circulation they are particularly difficult to find. However if any of you out there have a cylinder that requires stamping, we can easily do that for you as we are a certified hydrostatic test station. If this is the case, just wait until your cylinder is empty and call me. I will organise a courier to pick the cylinder up from your house bring it back here for stamping, fill the cylinder up, then send the cylinder back to you. I will only charge you $25 for the refill but I will cover all other costs.

Pending lawsuit
I few comments back someone mentioned that there was some kind of pending lawsuit with Work Cover? This is absolutely false. Work cover has never had an issue with our cylinders and I have never heard anything about a lawsuit from them or anyone else for that matter about our cylinders. This rumour has been started by Mark Dutton from My Kegs On Legs and I have spoken to him on numerous occations to stop doing this. Our cylinders have been certified by Work Cover themselves so it would be absurd for them to then turn around and complain about our cylinders when they are the ones who approved them in the first place. The whole romour is crazy and I invite anyone to call work cover directly to get the facts. I think it's a poor display display to see one competitor slander another competitors product just to make more sales. Especially if the accusations have no base whatsoever.

Anyway, that's probably enough of me harping on about it. If any of you have any further questions about cylinders/testing/stamping/certificates please call, email me, or come and see me. I'm always happy to talk to a visitor at our warehouse. Our contact details are on the website and you can email me directly at [email protected]

Regards,

Kee

Hello Guys,

It's Kee here from Keg King. I dont usually go onto these forums unless I am looking for some mashing tips but when you see a thread that is about your own business I guess you feel compelled to say something.

Hydrostatic Test Stamp
All our cylinder are hydrostatically tested twice before they are released. They are done the first time when the cylinder is manufactured and also a second time just before the vales are put into the cylinders. Most of them are now processed in batch sizes of approximately 1000 units at a time. After all the cylinders have been valved they go to the next stage where they are all manually stamped with the test station mark. From time to time it is possible that a cylinder can be missed during the samping process and once they enter circulation they are particularly difficult to find. However if any of you out there have a cylinder that requires stamping, we can easily do that for you as we are a certified hydrostatic test station. If this is the case, just wait until your cylinder is empty and call me. I will organise a courier to pick the cylinder up from your house bring it back here for stamping, fill the cylinder up, then send the cylinder back to you. I will only charge you $25 for the refill but I will cover all other costs.

Pending lawsuit
I few comments back someone mentioned that there was some kind of pending lawsuit with Work Cover? This is absolutely false. Work cover has never had an issue with our cylinders and I have never heard anything about a lawsuit from them or anyone else for that matter about our cylinders. This rumour has been started by Mark Dutton from My Kegs On Legs and I have spoken to him on numerous occations to stop doing this. Our cylinders have been certified by Work Cover themselves so it would be absurd for them to then turn around and complain about our cylinders when they are the ones who approved them in the first place. The whole romour is crazy and I invite anyone to call work cover directly to get the facts. I think it's a poor display display to see one competitor slander another competitors product just to make more sales. Especially if the accusations have no base whatsoever.

Anyway, that's probably enough of me harping on about it. If any of you have any further questions about cylinders/testing/stamping/certificates please call, email me, or come and see me. I'm always happy to talk to a visitor at our warehouse. Our contact details are on the website and you can email me directly at [email protected]

Regards,

Kee

Kee, you might want to reconsider your post.

A while back I bought a KegKing Fridge + CO2 bottle from eBay. *dodges barage of epmpties*
At the time I had no idea about all of this negativity towards KK in the AHB community. So far the equipment has been great, but soon I'm going to need to refill my KK CO2 bottle for the first time.

According to KegKing it will be a painless $25 swap n' go at my local listed refilling station. But I've also been advised in person that nobody will fill it but KK and I'll be up for >$100 in postage everytime i want a refill, so I may as well throw it out and buy a different CO2 bottle.

I'll post back when I have something objective to report , good or bad..

A while back I bought a KegKing Fridge + CO2 bottle from eBay. *dodges barage of epmpties*
At the time I had no idea about all of this negativity towards KK in the AHB community. So far the equipment has been great, but soon I'm going to need to refill my KK CO2 bottle for the first time.

According to KegKing it will be a painless $25 swap n' go at my local listed refilling station. But I've also been advised in person that nobody will fill it but KK and I'll be up for >$100 in postage everytime i want a refill, so I may as well throw it out and buy a different CO2 bottle.

I'll post back when I have something objective to report , good or bad..

"advised in person" by whom? How far away is Regal Heights, 10kms? That sounds painless enough.
I can get refills no problem from the local mob "ceasefire" fire prevention services about 1km away who have nothing to do with KKing. The only places I would expect to get knocked back is BOC or AirLiquide who don't refill on site and of course don't have the same bottles to swap. This whole thread has been blown out of proportion, the bottles are fine your'e worrying about nothing. Cheers

"advised in person" by whom? How far away is Regal Heights, 10kms? That sounds painless enough.

Yeah regal heights is pretty darn close. I just rang All Things Brewing, they said they do refills for the KK bottles for $30. Sounds great to me so what's all the fuss about? I must be missing something because all the negativity todwards KK seems unjustified, at least in my experience so far. I was informed by someone who was either misinformed, or was misleading me. Time will tell.

This whole thread has been blown out of proportion, the bottles are fine your'e worrying about nothing. Cheers

Agreed. I'll report back again if I have any troubles getting it refilled, but thus far it all sounds hunky dory.

For Brivegas brewers.....

Im about to purchase one.

There arent many "Keg King refill stations" in brisbane but I called James at Wacol Brewers choice (as per KK website) and he said he definitely fills them (he was very chirpy and confident about that) and he quoted $20 for the refill!

All seems good to me......

I had mine filled up at all-things-brewing the other week in Albion Park and couldn't be happier.
No guilt trip, no hassles. They just checked the certification and filled it up on the spot for twenty-something bucks.
My main reason for going with the KK CO2 bottle in the first place was their size - They fit perfectly in my beer fridge.
Damned if I'm having an ugly giant green CO2 bottle sitting next to my shiny new keg fridge, nor am I willing to sit my fridge 20cm off the wall to store a CO2 bottle behind it. That would make the whole setup look tacky.

I was warned that keeping my CO2 bottle in the fridge is a bad idea since "the gas will change state" and not work properly. Last time I checked my keg fridge can't get down to -78.51 degrees celsius so I'm not too concerned about my CO2 changing state... Anyway, it's been making great beers for many months now and I couldn't be happier with my KK CO2 bottle (and fridge for that matter). The cheap-ass regulator it came with is a bit finnicky when you are changing the pressure back from force-carbing so I might upgrade it one day, but it's hardly as troublesome as the other retailers would have you believe.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I'm 99% sold on this. Just need more info regarding refilling it in Brisbane. So far all I've heard is a brew shop in Wacol will refill them.

How long did refilling take for you? Is it something you can wait around for? Wacol is 45 minutes from me.

I've heard you can refill these at some fire extinguisher places but I'm finding it hard to find the locations for these places on google etc.

No worries Mate,

Refilling at the LHBS took a few minutes.. maybe 5 minutes.. You know, just long enough to get bored and start impulse buying :)

I also liked that it's not a swap n' go. Wouldn't want my new shiny CO2 bottle being swapped with someone else's rusty old tin.

No worries Mate,

Refilling at the LHBS took a few minutes.. maybe 5 minutes.. You know, just long enough to get bored and start impulse buying :)

I also liked that it's not a swap n' go. Wouldn't want my new shiny CO2 bottle being swapped with someone else's rusty old tin.

I got a new one last yr, when the stamp is nearly out of date I'll exchange it then :rolleyes:

JUst out of interest I recently purchased a MKOL cylinder, when it arrived I went to have it filled guess what no date stamp, had testers ID but no date luckily the refiller stamped it for me as it was obviously brand new.
cheers John

So I just swapped my gas bottle (it was a greenish brew craft bottle) for a greay keg king 2.6kg bottle exactly like this one
Cylinder%20with%20carry%20handle.png

Anyway I;ve got it home, cranked the tap open, and nothing is coming aout at all. I've never had one of these gas bottles - is there some kind of trick to them, or is it empty? I tried hooking it up to my dorado regulator and still nothing.

The shop I swapped it at is shut now and won't be open till Tuesday as we have a public holiday in Perth on Monday.

Latest posts

Back