CO2 Bottle - Refill Where (Newcastle)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBOB

Reaction score
So, with my recent gumtree keg acquisition, two 6kg co2 bottles came with it.

Based on the labels these seem to be Air Liquide branded, one with a couple of bar code stickers and one without. Not sure if this means they are 100% legit personally owned or not?
They look the same as the one on the right in the following gumtree ad
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kanwal/miscellaneous-goods/co2-gas-bottles-refills/1116702254

So, anyone know where I may be able to get them filled in newcastle?
I know (based on the guy i got them from) that Pete's Home Brewing on the central coast will, but where else is an option thats more local?

Country Brewer in Maitland, but probably the same distance to Central Coast.

Did you sign anything to take over the bottles? Surely if they are rented the guy you bought them off would know, the bills would be going to him and he's the one that's going to have to wear the cost if they are gone, might be better to give the previous owner a call just to be sure!

Nope.. No mention of bottles being rented,just that he swapped them at Petes Homebrew

Try local suppliers but worst case if you had to go back there to swap them over ( which I wouldn't think would be the case ) then you will probably only be doing this once every 1-2 years or more depending on how much you drink, I know one 6.8 kg bottle last me ages!

Lethaldog said:
Try local suppliers but worst case if you had to go back there to swap them over ( which I wouldn't think would be the case ) then you will probably only be doing this once every 1-2 years or more depending on how much you drink, I know one 6.8 kg bottle last me ages!
Refills are dependent on whether the CO2 is being used to clean, rinse, carbonate and dispense.
I figure there's no point being too tight with the gas (CO2 or LPG), as it's the best/easiest way to maximise my enjoyment/time.

Les the Weizguy said:
Refills are dependent on whether the CO2 is being used to clean, rinse, carbonate and dispense.
I figure there's no point being too tight with the gas (CO2 or LPG), as it's the best/easiest way to maximise my enjoyment/time.
agreed!
I use my co2 to carbonate, dispense, filter, clean and rinse lines and to purge and I still find I get that sort of time out of a bottle, I may not drink as much as some but certainly don't see the point of being tight with it, but then I don't brew to save money either I do it cos I like to drink good beer[emoji57]

Yeah, if I need to make a trip to the central coast it's not the end of the world.. I sometimes go down there for work anyway.

Latest posts

Back