Kk Co2 Bottles - Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing it is empty. Put it on the scales and see what the weight is. It should have the Tare weight stamped around the neck of the bottle to compare with.

Full it should weigh 10.1kg give or take a few grams - empty it will weigh roughly 7.5kg.

Hey guys!

I was looking on ebay and i foud a person selling a few of the KK 4L 2.6Kg new kegs for 149.99 + 19.99 P&H. This seems to be the cheapest option i can find. I just would like to know if anyone here knows of many places in Adelaide that are happy to refill them.?

Preferably areound the north east.

Beer belly at pooraka fills em or the is a fire ext joint in wingfield who does fills as well also beerbelly sells the 6 kg keg king bottle as well for a little bit more than the 2.6 litre one

Dredging up an old thread...

So it turns out my almost empty gas bottle is not refillable (air liquide or some such). I have had this bottle for over 10 years. It was given to me as a birthday present with a couple of kegs. I'm looking at getting one of these KK 6kg numbers as they seem to be quite a bit cheaper than anything else out there. Has anyone had any issues with the cylinders? Or with getting them filled? I have read a few different threads were people have said that Brewers Choice and probably Ozaquatec would fill them up in Brisbane. Any feedback or anything else I should know before parting with $250 that would have been spent elsewhere in the brewery...

Pretty sure KK have a map of where you can get them filled/swap.

I have the 2.6 kg version. It holds gas and is compliant to the relevant standards, as it should be.
No further observations other than it is grey. Perhaps too grey...

ring Ozaquatec and ask them if they have any 2nd hand cyl's around

a while back i was there and they had a few they had reconditioned

they are brewer friendly and easy to get along with :)

Cheers guys. I have decided on one of these KK cylinders. Seem to be the decent enough quality with all the required markings for a refill just about anywhere.

Back