Kevin Rudds Home Brewing Bonus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should introduce you to the lovely lass up the road from me.
She's about 30 years old, never worked a day in her short life. No front teeth, intellect of a gumboot, moderate understanding of spoken english (her first language). Fills her day with about 50 fags and a bottle of cheap liquor. In the two years I've known (of) her she's spent the entire time pregnant to her equally useless defacto.

Ah yeah, she will also be picking up $7k xmas bonus cheque

Im not sure that taking money from the working public and giving it to them really helps the economy.

Yes I know quite a few of her type. Its lovely to know that our tax money is going to such a good cause eh
Her kids wont get any benefit from it at all

You seem to think that Permanent Residency and Citizenship go hand in hand however you can have permanent residency without having to become a Citizen, so they are indeed two separate and entirely different things

Apologies for not reading what wasn't there.

Andrew

You're entitled to your perspective on it Andrew, no dramas there :) You're right, you can do half the process and just get residency........but that's not what we're talking about.

For the purposes of gaining citizenship for me or someone new to the country, the very first thing you have to do is gain residency, And all kiwi's have permanent residency, just not 'the right kind'. We have the "yes you can pay taxes here" kind on the way in the gate, what we need is the "empty your bank account into the Aus gvmt's coffers first, and then pay taxes" kind :lol:

All I was saying is that they might be separate pieces of paper, and separate fees - but it's all the same process regardless of how you segregate it, and that's why DIMMS handle the entire process from start to finish.

anyway......now we're just making crop circles....

IMHO Economic iresponibility at it's finest.

The RBA has been raising interest rates to dampen consumer spending and thus curb inflation, the recent 100 basis point cut is effectively an admission by the RBA that they had gone too far with rates and with banks passing on 75-80 basis points plus the previous 25point cut this add a reasonable amount to the average mortgage holders income. Something like $300 per month on a $400k mortgage.

Rather than wait to see the net effect of the rate cuts on consumer spending/inflation Rudd has chosen to splash the cash to the tune of $10Billion which could very well cause an inflation spike that would require the RBA to again tighten monetary policy which would leave homeowners worse of in the long run after they have blown their couple of grand on a shiny new LCD/plasma/conical/brewshed etc.

I should introduce you to the lovely lass up the road from me.
She's about 30 years old, never worked a day in her short life. No front teeth, intellect of a gumboot, moderate understanding of spoken english (her first language). Fills her day with about 50 fags and a bottle of cheap liquor. In the two years I've known (of) her she's spent the entire time pregnant to her equally useless defacto.

Ah yeah, she will also be picking up $7k xmas bonus cheque

Im not sure that taking money from the working public and giving it to them really helps the economy.

Yes I know quite a few of her type. Its lovely to know that our tax money is going to such a good cause eh
Her kids wont get any benefit from it at all

It's also going to people that work really hard for a living....(other tax payers) :angry: and a diddly $1000.00 will just make that Christmas week a little easier.

And how do you know HER TYPE to associate with HER TYPE... ?????

I knew I should of stayed away from this thread BAD start to the day.

It's also going to people that work really hard for a living....(other tax payers) :angry: and a diddly $1000.00 will just make that Christmas week a little easier.

Dont get bent out of shape. I work in 8 schools around here and see so many of That Type, that is on the dole, smokes, drinks and the kids come to school with no lunch and in dirty clothes. Thats the type that the poster I quoted and myself are talking about. I know one little girl who comes late to school every day because she has to look after her younger brother as mum is still passed out in bed. She gets him up , washes him and gets him and her breakfast, then comes to school.

I was in no way having a go at working parents

You're entitled to your perspective on it Andrew, no dramas there :) You're right, you can do half the process and just get residency........but that's not what we're talking about.

For the purposes of gaining citizenship for me or someone new to the country, the very first thing you have to do is gain residency, And all kiwi's have permanent residency, just not 'the right kind'. We have the "yes you can pay taxes here" kind on the way in the gate, what we need is the "empty your bank account into the Aus gvmt's coffers first, and then pay taxes" kind :lol:

All I was saying is that they might be separate pieces of paper, and separate fees - but it's all the same process regardless of how you segregate it, and that's why DIMMS handle the entire process from start to finish.

anyway......now we're just making crop circles....

Just pay up and we`ll THINK about letting you stay here. :lol:

staggalee.

Dont get bent out of shape. I work in 8 schools around here and see so many of That Type, that is on the dole, smokes, drinks and the kids come to school with no lunch and in dirty clothes. Thats the type that the poster I quoted and myself are talking about. I know one little girl who comes late to school every day because she has to look after her younger brother as mum is still passed out in bed. She gets him up , washes him and gets him and her breakfast, then comes to school.

I was in no way having a go at working parents

Yeah I did get bent up a little... thats the problem with communicating over the net. No facial expressions, tone of voice etc and you only read into it what you read.

I mean don't they say beer and politics just don't mix!

There are so many key board WARRIORS out there.

Anyhow Im barring myself from this thread. I'm going back to my free education and reading posts bout BEER! :lol:

Its always easy to quote the dole bludger arguement.

(start rant)
I will also be getting a $2k cheque as a xmas present from the govt.
I work as a sparky on a site where we work 12 hour rotating shifts.
I work shift work to get the extra money to enable my wife to stay at home and look after our kids.
During my apprenticeship I was taking home less than all of my mates and struglled to run my car and go out etc. Now I earn more than my dad who has been in the same job for nearly 40 years.
Where I did my time two years prior they had 50 apprentices off all trades and I was the last of the electricians to be indentured... This was a federal government department, so its not only industries fault for the lack of trades people but have a look who doesnt put apprentices on at all any more.
(End rant)

Anyway I am thankful for the governemts assistance and appreciative of the extra $2k right on xmas.
Hopefully I can keep some retailers happy and profitable
RDWHAHB

Sounds more like the government is giving you back your money more than anything.

Imagine the bureaucracy that could be saved if they didnt take it in the first place <_<

IMHO Economic iresponibility at it's finest.

The RBA has been raising interest rates to dampen consumer spending and thus curb inflation, the recent 100 basis point cut is effectively an admission by the RBA that they had gone too far with rates and with banks passing on 75-80 basis points plus the previous 25point cut this add a reasonable amount to the average mortgage holders income. Something like $300 per month on a $400k mortgage.

Rather than wait to see the net effect of the rate cuts on consumer spending/inflation Rudd has chosen to splash the cash to the tune of $10Billion which could very well cause an inflation spike that would require the RBA to again tighten monetary policy which would leave homeowners worse of in the long run after they have blown their couple of grand on a shiny new LCD/plasma/conical/brewshed etc.

The reserve bank put the rates up because yes as you mentioned, there was upward pressure on inflation. this was caused by many things, one of which was inflating governmetn spending, which was increasing faster than during the recession times (when spending was increased to get money into the system). The reserve bank said taht the causes for the upward pressure on inflation was demostically created. However, what we have now is international pressures putting downward pressure on inflation. In order to prevent a recession, which can be caused by downward pressure on economic activity, this package was launched. The Labor party learned from its economic stimulus package of 1992 that if you launch such a package once the recession is in full swing, it is already too late. This package was modeled on recommendations made by the IMF.

The reserve bank put the rates up because yes as you mentioned, there was upward pressure on inflation. this was caused by many things, one of which was inflating governmetn spending, which was increasing faster than during the recession times (when spending was increased to get money into the system). The reserve bank said taht the causes for the upward pressure on inflation was demostically created. However, what we have now is international pressures putting downward pressure on inflation. In order to prevent a recession, which can be caused by downward pressure on economic activity, this package was launched. The Labor party learned from its economic stimulus package of 1992 that if you launch such a package once the recession is in full swing, it is already too late. This package was modeled on recommendations made by the IMF.

There's no point champ as you either get

a) Labor haters
B) Government spending any money haters
c) People who are pissed because they get nothing, thus no one should get anything
d) People who read the Financial Review once and now think they are accountants

BTW, if you are single and not getting anything - what can you complain about? Poor you with your single life style.......... Throw a wife and 3 kids into the mix and see how much "play" money you have then.

BTW I get nothing <_< but at the same time have no problem with people getting some money. Also not all old people play the pokies, not all single mums are doll bludging sluts - most people getting this money will be hard working familes who are struggling - hopefully their kids can enjoy Christmas or they can throw some money onto the mortgage and get a little bit ahead.

International Malt Foundation ?

Thats my sort of talk....wow 7 plus pages much of which seems to be a cake mix of bigotory, ill-informed and uninformed comments and general scuttlebutt.
Who cares, well apparently a lot of people who read and post to on-line forums do (I do not think that AHB is unique in this).
Rudd (and Turnbull) recognise, as do all of the central banks world-wide, that an adrenaline rush of cash is needed to stop the fall, now they are generating the cash, it already there but they are releasing it in an effort to at least prop the ailing signposts up. the money is targeted to those most likely to pump it straight back into the econonomy, and if goes on ciggarrettes well the gov gets a bit of discount eh !!
Mr Galbraith noted that the only reason for the existence of economic forecasting was to make astrology look rational. (or words to that effect).

K

Now I'm not a Liberal supporter or Labour supporter which sh*ts my mates when they want to talk politics because I look at each political thing on it's own, not as a political party.
Ah a good old self serving opportunist, or in the modern vernacular "economic rationalist"

But one thing I will say is most Australians are quick to bag out John Howard and the Liberal party, but if this country gets through this without too much economic hardship it will be down to the platform that the Liberal government handed over to the Labour government. Kevin Rudd must be thanking his lucky stars that he has $10bn to play with at the moment to be able to try to ward off a recession.
This statement kind of undermines your claim to political impartiality ... but then most conservatives don't know they are one.

yeh Warra. The baby boomers have really had it tough over the course. <_<

Try lugging around a 5 figure Uni debt, a mortgage for an outer suburban house that would buy half of inner Melbourne 15 years ago, child care & and the inevitable taxes and lifestyle changes required due to global warming (bought but not paid for by previous generations).

I'm appreciate your predicament, but I am struggling to be sympathetic

here here!

I'm happy to hear that there are others out there!

kittens.jpg

I wish people wouldn`t post pics and disrupt the forum like that :(

staggalee.

she's ait. I too know plenty of people who are getting the payout who are much more deserving.
That said I bet harvey norman just doubled their shipment of flatscreen tvs.

Even if parents go out and buy a flat tv they have always wanted... It's probably due to the fact they put there children first. I really need a fridge to put my fermenters in but it has to wait due to the fact I pay child care, dancing lessons, swimming lessons, school fees, clothes, food etc which I provide for my daughter way before I satisfy myself with brew gear or televisions.

Latest posts

Back