Kevin Rudds Home Brewing Bonus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well some of us are lucky but then again do u think i mind working lots of overtime and working hard to set myself up for life (I am A tradie) to pay my fair share of tax to pay for other peoples kids to bonus to waste on ps3 ect and first home owners into the market who cant afford a deposit were i build ans sold the hard way yo get were i am with no help ...flame suit on but this really pissus me off................Proud Dink

Why would i stand in her way? I agree with most she has said on here so far, not the "im out of here" bit. that was bullshit. :p She will be back again. I recon she loves a good blue

I just bought a new 46 inch HD LCD and im not a single mum. My wife was a single mum for years before i met her. She worked for a few hundred bucks a week and ended up with a horrid cronic RSI in her arms. She also suported another family that was leitching off her when we met. I toon took care of that situation.

No drugs, actually she only ate 3 or 4 times a week so her kids had food...... they came first. Always will......still do. all of them.

We have gone without most earthly pleasures for years wile paying off home loans, car loans ect and trying to raise 4 kids the best we can. They are bloody expensive for little things. Its never ending.

Because i earn a good wage we had to pay full rates at daycare for them. $120 a day for the twins. If i was unemployed and colecting the doll...... it would be $12 a day. How does that work?

We have no power over it though. We can vote but both sides of the fence bend us over and ram us.

Society is based on the basis of keeping the population on the brink of poverty. If we all get a bit rich they take more then when it goes bad.... they give it back.

Problem is givving it back will drive the dredded "inflasion" and that will **** the intrest rate drops.

I would rather another 2% drop in rates over the next few years that a few grand gift they will go strait back to the government in tax when spent.

money pumped into your home loan is the best long term investment you can make. makes (saves) you more than it will make in interest of dividends on any investment.

money pumped into your home loan is the best long term investment you can make. makes (saves) you more than it will make in interest of dividends on any investment.

You're not wrong there Tony.
When I got married 40 years ago I had the choice of paying off the house & land (A grand total of $11,400 odd IIRC --- a little above average at the time) over 15 or 30 years. I chose to do the hard yards & go the 15 year route.
The same thing applies today as you have just pointed out.

TP :beer:

Only slackers and drug addicts buy TVs.

And single mums just steal them.

Sorry, all. This was meant as a joke, and was meant to be subtly slagging out a completely different group of people to those I appear to have offended.

lol-it`s a beer forum, things sometimes get said that shouldn`t.
Other times, things don`t get said that should.
Spose it all evens out.
Regardless, the dogs bark and the caravan moves on.

staggalee.

Thats one more figure than most. Did someone force your hand at the auction, or in the bedroom?

The more times I read this, the less I think I understand what you are asking. Would you mind spelling it out for me?

You know the baby bonus is for actual children right, not just people who cry?

Again, slightly confused - although this seems to assert that I am a whinger - is this what you're trying to say?

My observation relating to my personal circumstances and those of a few others that have replied in this thread is this; I happen to be at a point whereby my income meets the commitments that I have to the taxman, the bank and the fiscal requirements my family have. It's a close game though, and we're not moving forward. We don't lead an extravagant life by any means, nor rack up debt. My tax bill each year is substantial ($60k+) - it'd be nice to have a few $$ to throw into an account for the kids to kick off their savings - I reckon given the amount I pay in tax, it's fair. However the government thresholds don't allow for this and I assume that's because I am 'loaded'.

I think there are a fair few in my position and felt compelled to comment.

Cheers - Mike

Pretty much like most of the single mothers pushing out kids just for the baby bonus, that also cry when they have to go for intensive job search training instead of sitting at home playing PlayStation and smoking bongs.

Mate, you've been watching too much Frontline.

MVZoom, What he`s saying in both quotes is simple enough really, I got it first read.
{and I`m not buying into it} :D

staggalee.

Again, slightly confused - although this seems to assert that I am a whinger - is this what you're trying to say?
Personal choice. I think he's alluding to you make your own bed and sleep in it and don't expect the government or anybody else to help\bail you out.

MVZoom, What he`s saying in both quotes is simple enough really, I got it first read.
{and I`m not buying into it} :D

staggalee.

QUOTE (MVZOOM @ Oct 18 2008, 10:25 AM) *

Personal choice. I think he's alluding to you make your own bed and sleep in it and don't expect the government or anybody else to help\bail you out.

Hang ten - yep, we chose to have three kids and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not expecting anyone to 'bail me out' (bail me out of what?). WTF have auctions got to do with it?

C'mon, lets call a spade a spade here. I'm being made out to be a whinging, hard up, 'un-Australian' by asserting that people in the same income bracket and circumstances are considered by the government to be un-deserving of a benefit?

If you're going to say it, just say it. At the end of the day, Choppadoo is drawing a fairly long bow and making statements are baseless, merely by the fact that he has absolutely no idea about me or my circumstances.

For that reason, I find it pretty offensive.

Cheers - Mike

:icon_cheers:

well some of us are lucky but then again do u think i mind working lots of overtime and working hard to set myself up for life (I am A tradie) to pay my fair share of tax to pay for other peoples kids to bonus to waste on ps3 ect and first home owners into the market who cant afford a deposit were i build ans sold the hard way yo get were i am with no help ...flame suit on but this really pissus me off................Proud Dink
as a fellow tradie (chippie) and taxpayer. i know what you mean,
i tried to add katies post as well, ( but i am just a dumb chippie ),
katie,i know of "girls" in the same situation as you, and the raw deal you get get,but you are a brewer so thats top shelf in my book.
call your next brew "the useless male ******* ale" and post the recipe. ....cheers..spog..... :rolleyes:

Well, FFS send him a pm and tell him, not us.
He`s the one that unloaded on you. :rolleyes:
I`m quite neutral on the whole deal.

staggalee.

Going back to your original post -

Nothing for the Zoom household. Apparently we're loaded with a low six fig salary, 3 kids and a Sydney mortgage.

seems a little whiny IMHO. You don't seem at all "whinging, hard up, 'un-Australian'" but I think the point was well made that you've made your choices and the Gov't has made theirs - deal with it.

:)

Cheers,

microbe

Meh, cool, whatever. That's the great thing about the internets, everyone gets to submit their view.

Look, it'll come up eventually, so I might as well get it out of the way.

"Dude, the's EXACTLY what Hitler did. That means you're Hitler"

Meh, cool, whatever. That's the great thing about the internets, everyone gets to submit their view.
Exactly, and most of them (including many of mine own) aren't worth the paper they're not written on.

Cheers,

microbe

Exactly, and most of them (including many of mine own) aren't worth the paper they're not written on.

Cheers,

microbe

I am Relaxing and Having Another Home Brew. :icon_chickcheers:

I am Relaxing and Having Another Home Brew. :icon_chickcheers:

Atta boy-as the ultimate survivor of Grumpy`s Forum Colloseum,I can assure you posts on a beer forum are nothing to lose sleep over.
Including mine :lol:
staggalee.

The liberals have being hording our money for years
The Labour govt.spends it.

Latest posts

Back