Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I got the first batch but it was returned to address some level-sensing issues (which are now resolved with the update).

All good glad to know I'm using the tubes the correct way around (lucky guess!).

For others playing at home I really recommend the can filler if you are canning and even bottling. Makes the process so much more repeatable, less messy and actually more fun. If I get a mate around with two people going hard at can filling then seaming we can crunch through 19L kegs in about 45mins per keg!!

Yes they seem to be a fairly popular unit. We are just about to release a wine pump too with a 10psi pressure switch so you can feed non-carbonated products to the RAPT can and bottle filler. So this will make the device quite useful for wine bottles. With non-carbonated products this pump will fill a wine bottle in about 20seconds.

Hey @KegLand-com-au .

I have a G20 and going to bypass the front controllers so I can control my fermentors cooling and heating with RAPT controllers. While doing this upgrade, I thought of also replacing the current barbed fittings with 1/2" BSP x 1/2" barbed fittings so I can use the insulation hoses which I already have. I was wondering if the change in diameter of the tube would have a negative impact on the performance.

Hey @KegLand-com-au .

I have a G20 and going to bypass the front controllers so I can control my fermentors cooling and heating with RAPT controllers. While doing this upgrade, I thought of also replacing the current barbed fittings with 1/2" BSP x 1/2" barbed fittings so I can use the insulation hoses which I already have. I was wondering if the change in diameter of the tube would have a negative impact on the performance.

https://kegland.com.au/products/jointech-13mm-barb-x-female-connector-with-auto-shut-off
https://kegland.com.au/products/jointech-1-2-inch-bspt-x-male-connector-with-auto-shut-off

Yes the insulation hoses that are a good idea and eventually this will be the standard setup. I would also recommend the above Jointech fittings and use the 13mm barb on both ends of your hoses and then use the 1/2" threaded ones on the fermenter and the chiller.

Eventually our glycol chillers will use all these jointech fittings. They are also compatible with the CPC branded quick disconnects too.

Hey @KegLand-com-au .

Is there a guide you are following to bypass the front controllers? Any more info would be great thanks!

https://kegland.com.au/products/jointech-13mm-barb-x-female-connector-with-auto-shut-off
https://kegland.com.au/products/jointech-1-2-inch-bspt-x-male-connector-with-auto-shut-off

Yes the insulation hoses that are a good idea and eventually this will be the standard setup. I would also recommend the above Jointech fittings and use the 13mm barb on both ends of your hoses and then use the 1/2" threaded ones on the fermenter and the chiller.

Eventually our glycol chillers will use all these jointech fittings. They are also compatible with the CPC branded quick disconnects too

Is there a guide you are following to bypass the front controllers? Any more info would be great thanks!
I have not actually done it yet, but basically, these are the power to the pumps. They are 12V, so you'll need 12V transformers that you plug into the rapt controller to power the pump.

I'll most likely remove the the jack they added to connect the temperature probe, solder the pump power cables to the sockets, then I can simply use the jack to connect the transformer.

Attachments

• 20241002_211213.jpg
    20241002_211213.jpg
    1.3 MB
Hey whats the dimensions of the Series X.1 Kegerator? and they can still hold 4 19L cornies correct? would it fit 8 9.5L cornies? (I know I can only serve 4 at a time) https://kegland.com.au/products/ser...el-kegerator-base-unit-with-50cm-ss-drip-tray

Any differences to highlight between the T bar and standard 4tap fonts?

I have managed to make a space for another kegerator/keezer (inside the house) but am limited in space, like the look of the grand deluxe 2 door but at almost 1.5M wide doesn't fit into the space I have, dont like the look of the Series X plus as id rather 2 doors

Debating if I go this route or build a 300L keezer (6 19L or 12 9.5L) as id also use it for some conditioning

Ive got an few fridges in my carport/garage and id like to get rid of the oldest one (its got a 50L keg and a 9.5L (fits a 19L tho) in it currently) I can move that into an existing fridge im running taps straight off the kegs which has either 4x19L or 8X9.5L depending on what ive got filled

Last edited:
I know they are not meant to be used for this, but I use the 8l Oxebar Kegs to ferment under pressure. I do small 12 liter batches and usually split those in two for different yeasts, dry hop etc. Of my six kegs two started leaking after only two years, so I would love to find an alternative. I haven't followed this thread in a while, are there any plans for Kegland to produce smaller pressure rated fermenters?
Prost!

I know they are not meant to be used for this, but I use the 8l Oxebar Kegs to ferment under pressure. I do small 12 liter batches and usually split those in two for different yeasts, dry hop etc. Of my six kegs two started leaking after only two years, so I would love to find an alternative. I haven't followed this thread in a while, are there any plans for Kegland to produce smaller pressure rated fermenters?
Prost!
This happened at a craft brew show recently in Melbourne
It let go at 15psi and put 20 Lt of beer over the ceiling of the venue. The venue operators weren’t impressed
IMG_0132.jpeg

Latest posts

Back