Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Benchy that has a drip from the left hand side about 1/2 way down that side
Has this happened with other benchy’s in the past?
Any idea as to where this leak could be originating from and how to fix it?

It's most likely condensation. Really the only way to stop these condensation drips is by continuing to improve the insulation. It seems to be more of an issue in warmer areas with higher humidity.

We are in the process of putting together insulated hose packs for the glycol hoses and also this kit will be available with dry break quick disconnect fittings so this will also help the situation when they are finished but in the meantime just do what you can do insulate the hoses and anywhere you are getting condensation.

It's most likely condensation. Really the only way to stop these condensation drips is by continuing to improve the insulation. It seems to be more of an issue in warmer areas with higher humidity.

We are in the process of putting together insulated hose packs for the glycol hoses and also this kit will be available with dry break quick disconnect fittings so this will also help the situation when they are finished but in the meantime just do what you can do insulate the hoses and anywhere you are getting condensation.
Ok thanks for the reply. I’ll look forward to checking out the insulated hose packs when available
I also have another problem
I also have a G20 glycol chiller that has served me well however one side (the one that I’ve used the most) seems to not be pumping. It sounds like the pump motor is spinning but not pumping
Could it be possible that the impeller has come off the drive shaft?
Also would there be any instructions for how to pull the chiller apart to try to rectify or replace the pump?
Thanks again for your prompt reply

Ok thanks for the reply. I’ll look forward to checking out the insulated hose packs when available
I also have another problem
I also have a G20 glycol chiller that has served me well however one side (the one that I’ve used the most) seems to not be pumping. It sounds like the pump motor is spinning but not pumping
Could it be possible that the impeller has come off the drive shaft?
Also would there be any instructions for how to pull the chiller apart to try to rectify or replace the pump?
Thanks again for your prompt reply

Our customer service team can assist you on that one. From what I have heard is that the most common issues is if customers freeze the bath (due to either too low set point or not enough glycol concentration) and this can damage the pump. Alternatively if they have solids fall into the tank and they get caught into the pump impeller.

We have also have made several changes to the pumps and configuration over the past 3 years so it's best that you email photos of the unit you have including photos of the pumps and that way the customer service team can then respond in a way that is specific to your particular G20.

Thanks for that info. I might have to put a dash more glycol in it as I did have a frozen batch in the fermenter a while back (only time)
I’ll start pulling it apart next week

I have a Benchy that has a drip from the left hand side about 1/2 way down that side
Has this happened with other benchy’s in the past?
Any idea as to where this leak could be originating from and how to fix it?
It's fairly common for this to be condensation so I am assuming this is the issue. In humid environments or when the chiller is getting run and low temperatures the condensation is an issue to be honest.

If you email some photos to our customer service team they can probably be of better assistance as they would most likely come across this type of enquiry.

The condensation issues and glycol dripping out of hoses and stuff is really one of the main reasons why I much prefer the RAPT Fermentation Chamber solution.

If it is condensation normally it's about reducing the airflow to that condensation point and improving the insulation but it's difficult to say for sure without seeing the unit.

Back