Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just going by what I was informed about this
Personally I wouldn’t use plastic pressure vessels unless I knew they had been pressure tested
I’ve seen too many photo’s of plastic ferments that have had similar problems. (supplied by the same company )

my understanding is that they are rated to 34 psi (or there about) so if it blew at 15psi I doubt if it was operator error

you doubt it was operatoer error after someone informing you

I have seen plenty of plastic fermenters and pet kegs blow as well many wasnt due to manufacting issue it was user error

has the person informed you told you exactly what happened or was he just telling you it was 15 psi and didnt want to look like a twat becuase he accidently set it above the rated 34 psi

i am not saying it was opeterator error

it can be a manufactur issue and if it was i hope the person who informed you or the owner of said pet keg went to the manufacturer
and spoke to them

you doubt it was operatoer error after someone informing you

I have seen plenty of plastic fermenters and pet kegs blow as well many wasnt due to manufacting issue it was user error

has the person informed you told you exactly what happened or was he just telling you it was 15 psi and didnt want to look like a twat becuase he accidently set it above the rated 34 psi

i am not saying it was opeterator error

it can be a manufactur issue and if it was i hope the person who informed you or the owner of said pet keg went to the manufacturer
and spoke to them
It does seem like a dodgy photo of a 4L keg that exploded with only 15PSI and sprayed 20L. A full keg with only a small amount of headspace does not have enough propellant (compressed CO2) to spread the contents very far unless it is a small breach below the liquid. On the other hand a nearly empty Keg will have a lot of propellant and if the breach is below liquid level would have the power to spread what’s left of the contents a reasonable distance. The story and photo do not make sense.

Back