Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the K-lok fitting has no teeth. That is how that fitting is designed.

Does the k-lok fitting work without the spring? It's extremly rare to have that particular combination. Normally we only sell the K-lok fittings to commercial venues who generally want to free pour things like full jugs of beer without needing to hold onto the tap. I have not seen a the combination of tap spring and k-lok fitting before so it's possible you have revealed a new problem or particular combination that is not compatible.
Yes works without the spring and using the internal washer the shank collar tightens up to not leak

I guess I could try drill out the KLOC shank on the tap for the spring to fit better (it does look tapered, any idea what the taper is? or on the Ball lock MFL tap adapters?)

But yes I would say it may not be compatible which is annoying, I have a toddler so the reason for the KLOC is to a. easy removal for cleaning and b. removal so the toddler doesn't try play with them.

The spring return was extra security that they wouldn't be left open if the toddler did grab them etc or if I have guests who don't shut them fully

Yes works without the spring and using the internal washer the shank collar tightens up to not leak

I guess I could try drill out the KLOC shank on the tap for the spring to fit better (it does look tapered, any idea what the taper is? or on the Ball lock MFL tap adapters?)

But yes I would say it may not be compatible which is annoying, I have a toddler so the reason for the KLOC is to a. easy removal for cleaning and b. removal so the toddler doesn't try play with them.

The spring return was extra security that they wouldn't be left open if the toddler did grab them etc or if I have guests who don't shut them fully

Back