Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every place I've ever lived has had 3/4" laundry taps...I think the hookup on the washing machine side might be 1/2" but that seems like it would be a super awkward spot for a diverter valve.

3/4" would be good for hooking up to a garden tap also.

Every place I've ever lived has had 3/4" laundry taps...I think the hookup on the washing machine side might be 1/2" but that seems like it would be a super awkward spot for a diverter valve.

Yes most people have laundry taps that connect to 3/4 which is quite common. This diverter valve is more for under sink use. Normally under sink have 1/2 thread to connect braided stainless hoses to.

Yes most people have laundry taps that connect to 3/4 which is quite common. This diverter valve is more for under sink use. Normally under sink have 1/2 thread to connect braided stainless hoses to.

Your own description talks about laundry taps ;)

How the heck do you undo it. I can't put any part in the vice to actually hold it. Is there are trick?

If you have the new MK4 model it's a bit easier as you can just use the bolt holes on the back of the regulator to hold the regulator still. If you have the older MK3 regulator then the easiest way to do this is to get a block of wood and put some large screws or nails into the block of wood on either side of the threads of the gauges/spigot. This will stop the regulator body from spinning as you undo the bonnet.

If you have the new MK4 model it's a bit easier as you can just use the bolt holes on the back of the regulator to hold the regulator still. If you have the older MK3 regulator then the easiest way to do this is to get a block of wood and put some large screws or nails into the block of wood on either side of the threads of the gauges/spigot. This will stop the regulator body from spinning as you undo the bonnet.
Thanks! It is one of the older style MK3, so will give this a go!

Thanks for the suggestion :)

So dumb question, I should replace the seat cap assembly on which side? The second reg creeping or the first one? Or both?

You should only need to replace the seat cap assembly on the regulator that is creeping.

@KegLand-com-au

With the Fill-O-Meter to garden hose to filter setup, will this work with a 1/2 BSP thread?

Monotight 6.35mm (1/4") Push In x 1/2inch Female

Edit...

With the nylon regulator washers... are they reusable for a while or do you need to change them every time you fill up your CO2 bottle?

Thanks for that. I must say I did not even realise we had that Monotight fitting. Thanks for the heads up.

If you do not over tighten the regulator nut then the nylon washer should last for many co2 bottle change overs. Maybe more than 10 years. I certainly would not be changing the nylon regulator washer unless you need to. I personally have never worn one out myself and been brewing for a couple decades.

Hi I just bought the kegmenter and saw that it in the description you guys mention KL03506 can be used to turn it into a boiler. Is there a video of how to install? Is drilling necessary ? Also how far up?

Hey Kegland. Like i mentioned above im new to the homebrew game. I work in the IT industry and the one thing that really annoys me about your website is that it takes so long to resolve a new page. i did a quick speed test on your site and it came back pretty poor. its important especially when doing research to have a snappy site so people can browse through quickly. Just a suggestion it might be worth investing a bit more funds on this side of things! cheers

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-17 092600.png
    Annotation 2020-08-17 092600.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 70
Hey @KegLand-com-au first of all thanks for keeping us all occupied here in Vic!

Apologies if it's been asked before, but have you ever considered creating a PET Corny Keg (or at least a similar vessel with the same outer dimensions?).

Something like Keg King's 'Fermenter King Jr' but in 9.5L/19L and in the same footprint of a ball lock corny keg.

I'd definitely swap out my stainless kegs to be able to see the liquid volume for transfers and keeping track of what's left.

Hey Kegland. Like i mentioned above im new to the homebrew game. I work in the IT industry and the one thing that really annoys me about your website is that it takes so long to resolve a new page. i did a quick speed test on your site and it came back pretty poor. its important especially when doing research to have a snappy site so people can browse through quickly. Just a suggestion it might be worth investing a bit more funds on this side of things! cheers
Agree, it's terribly laggy.
Also, please get someone to go through and do some proof reading.
Rampant typographical errors, poor grammar and nonsensical reviews are just a few of the problems that detract from the otherwise pleasant experience of browsing for home brew gear!!

Back