Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sad fact is that the more useful discussions are happening on Facebook, thanks to people like him ruining this place. There have been lots of people sharing their excitement on the FB groups. We should be pretty close to seeing some good YouTube reviews pop up from some of the good channels worth following, but obviously it takes time to plan a batch, shoot a brew day, ferment, shoot the fermentation process, etc.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am only repeating what KL said. A forty foot container will hold in excess of 700 units. They said 2 containers had been sold so thats in excess of 1400 units even if they were 20 foot containers that would still mean there should be 700 units out there. Not everyone is as credulous as some.

Three months ago they said the machine making the Fermzilla could spit them out at an amazing rate, now they are saying it is a slow process.

The same scenario occurred with the Cannular a 40 foot container sold in 2 days, the thread died and about 5 people fessed up to having one.

For me I think it is more of a fishing expedition to gauge the interest as they are going to have to divi them out between Europe, America and here.

Quote donald_trub 18-1-19
Email from Kegland 5 minutes ago from new products in stock... click on one of those products and it isn't even in stock. Please don't waste our time like this.

The same scenario occurred with the Cannular a 40 foot container sold in 2 days, the thread died and about 5 people fessed up to having one.
It's almost as if there are people who buy things that aren't on this forum. Who'da thunk it
Reality is, forums are old news. Reddit/Facebook is where people go these days.

I don't think they said the containers were full of only fermzillas. I would have thought they get other stock also.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am only repeating what KL said. A forty foot container will hold in excess of 700 units. They said 2 containers had been sold so thats in excess of 1400 units even if they were 20 foot containers that would still mean there should be 700 units out there. Not everyone is as credulous as some.

Three months ago they said the machine making the Fermzilla could spit them out at an amazing rate, now they are saying it is a slow process.

For me I think it is more of a fishing expedition to gauge the interest as they are going to have to divi them out between Europe, America and here.

Quote donald_trub 18-1-19
Email from Kegland 5 minutes ago from new products in stock... click on one of those products and it isn't even in stock. Please don't waste our time like this.

The only person who mentioned containers in the canning thread was WEAL. I think you're delusional if you think they're bringing in whole shipping containers filled with nothing but canning machines or Fermzillas. You're also doing nothing more than spreading misinformation and making matters worse. Stop trying to make guesses on something you know nothing about.

The only person who mentioned containers in the canning thread was WEAL. I think you're delusional if you think they're bringing in whole shipping containers filled with nothing but canning machines or Fermzillas. You're also doing nothing more than spreading misinformation and making matters worse. Stop trying to make guesses on something you know nothing about.
When I read it I was sure it was written by Keg Land in this thread unless WEAL is Keg Land incognito.

Posted 25/2/19
Moad
I see the cannular is already sold out today! When can we expect more stock?

Keg Land
Yes sorry about that. We get another container of those arriving on the 10th April. We have just updated the website here:

The sad fact is that the more useful discussions are happening on Facebook, thanks to people like him ruining this place. There have been lots of people sharing their excitement on the FB groups. We should be pretty close to seeing some good YouTube reviews pop up from some of the good channels worth following, but obviously it takes time to plan a batch, shoot a brew day, ferment, shoot the fermentation process, etc.

Which Facebook homebrew group mate? The one I'm on (Aussie Home Brewers), I haven't really heard boo.

I'm glad the fermzilla is selling well for them, but it does remind me a little of Monty Python's cheese shop sketch.
My minds eye pictured the staff at KL doing the Sirtaki while the computer said,'No'.:)

Hey Kegland, I have one of your 'amazing hop spiders', and I don't know if it's just me, but the mesh on it might be too fine? I find that it doesn't seem to get much movement through it and no boil activity in it. I also find it a real pain to clean, even soaking it in PBW overnight, but I'm not too worried about the cleanliness of it. I'm about to give up and try grain bags instead. Would one with a mesh that's not as fine be a better option?

The 'amazing hop spider' weighing in at 80 micron is waaay to small there has been lots of discussions on many sites and the general consensus is 300 micron to be the best.
80 micron - 0,08 mm 300 micron - 0,3 mm

The 'amazing hop spider' weighing in at 80 micron is waaay to small there has been lots of discussions on many sites and the general consensus is 300 micron to be the best.
80 micron - 0,08 mm 300 micron - 0,3 mm
Kegland's site says it's a 0.2mm aperture ( I wonder if they have the micron figure wrong)
Same as Keg King's

Kegland's site says it's a 0.2mm aperture ( I wonder if they have the micron figure wrong)
Same as Keg King's
Stone me! Not only have the same mistake with the microns and aperture, the wording is exactly the same.

Stone me! Not only have the same mistake with the microns and aperture, the wording is exactly the same.
No doubt it's the same product from a 3rd party manufacturer
same as the grain mills, gas manifolds, etc

Are there likely to be any more available before the 20th July date that's currently listed, or is that going to be the next batch?

Thanks,

We have no others being released before the 20th July.

Any word or update on the maltzilla mill?

We have been using the MaltZilla here for some time now. It draws grains, corn, and other materials far better than any other Mill that we have made but largely the reason it works so well is the surface finish on the rollers. At the moment the surface finish is really quite expensive and we want the mill to be priced so its competitive with other mills available. The roller diameter is also really quite large and this was one of the other reasons why the grain mill gives a much better crush. The same issue also applies. The large diameter adds a lot of cost to the rollers and we are making more moulds and changing the way the mill is manufactured so we can still have these important design features but be very price competitive.

Originally we were going to introduce a traditional knurled roller first and then release the new surface treated roller at a later date but honestly I think the knurled rollers will be a product of the past once the new rollers are available.

In summary, we have some new units that will be the first out of our new moulds and these will arrive to us for testing in 4 weeks and we will need about 5-6 weeks to thoroughly test these samples. Fingers crossed this is the last variation that we make on this product. If everything goes well we will then produce the first shipment and we will have the stock arrive about 4 more weeks after that. So I would say most likely 12-15 weeks. I wish it was sooner but we are just trying to be as realistic as possible.

Latest posts

Back