Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have just started a promo so if you purchase a StellarSan and also the Sodium Percarbonate Jar you get another pair of these free.
Oh nice! No use for me as I've already got about 20Kg of Percarbonate but good to see you doing some nice specials.

just noticed on the website a category for Liquid Enzymes, will this included Alpha-amylase and Gluco-amylase? PLEASE

@KegLand-com-au Is it safe to use the pump on the Robobrew 3 during a boil? I want to use the pump to create a whirlpool post boil but want to ensure the tube and wort inside the pump are sanitised.

By, the way, like others here on this thread, my malt pipe cover screen and secondary screen were pretty wonky when they arrived (pretty similar to the earlier photo). I spent a bit of time straightening them and they haven't caused any issues, but it would be nice to see slightly more stringent QA.

Despite this, the Robobrew is just brilliant value for money and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of venturing down the AG path.

Hi Null, yep I agree with you completely and to be honest it's been a mystery to me why they haven't implemented such functionality as technically it's not hard to do, possibly a funding issue (but they could require pre-payment to get around that) or a staffing issue? web admin can be expensive, who knows what the reason is, and it would be unreasonable of us to expect KL to explain their business decisions, after all we aren't shareholders in the company (although I would like to be lol). My feeling is that as the company matures and they gain market share they will offer such a service along with the inevitable rise in prices "sad face", but in the meantime I'm getting everything that previously was just too costly and couldn't be justified to the minister for finance and warfare, or was a "cor I'd like one of those" and upgrading my existing stock. As frustrating as it may be, make hay while the sun shines brewers, cos winter will come eventually. Cheers G
Depends on supplier relationships and how much stock costs every Sunday at the Shenzen market... Cheap Chinese suppliers have a very flexible lead time in regards to volume. Not bagging cheap stuff but it's cheap for reasons beyond the manufacturing process.

Any chance of a grain mill motor?
Look up 12/24v gear motors on eBay. Can get mounting brackets to suit, pick your rpm, looking at about $50 plus a coupling (-$5) and some fasteners if you're the diy type. Can run off a cheap laptop power supply brick or switch mode. You can diy this with enough Google Kung Fu for under $50, or just buy a cheap Ikea / ozito / Maos Dollarama drill, cordless or otherwise.

Last edited:
Any chance you can make some Better Bottle clones?

The small opening at the top doesnt make this type of fermenter a particularly desirable as a fermenter shape to us. That is unless we are missing something. What do you like about this shape?

When we make the new Fermentasaurus 2 product we might also try and re-jig the same tooling so we can also make some new flat bottom fermenters at the same time that will be cheaper and fit into your fridge more easily. The opening at the top will be over 100mm diameter. So this is more along the lines of what we are thinking. Open to your suggestions though.

A better bottle with a bigger opening would be great. I like the better bottles for brewing long term sours but the small opening can be a pain in the ass.

Just wondering what category on the site the cleaning products come under?

We have just changed the way all our categories worked and now we have cleaning and sanitising under Kegging here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/kegging/cleaning-and-sanitising.html

I hope this was not to hard to find. I guess the category might possibly be better under brew year so maybe we might change this at some stage.

If you check out our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kegland.com.au/

We have a promo code for the sanitiser and sodium percarbonate at the moment.

We also just released this product that is awesome:
https://www.kegland.com.au/stellarc...ewery-cleaner-beer-line-cleaner-keg-wash.html

We have just changed the way all our categories worked and now we have cleaning and sanitising under Kegging here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/kegging/cleaning-and-sanitising.html

I hope this was not to hard to find. I guess the category might possibly be better under brew year so maybe we might change this at some stage.

If you check out our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kegland.com.au/

We have a promo code for the sanitiser and sodium percarbonate at the moment.

We also just released this product that is awesome:
https://www.kegland.com.au/stellarc...ewery-cleaner-beer-line-cleaner-keg-wash.html
Thanks for the reply. I did end up finding it. Just not looking hard enough haha. Thanks for the quick response.

There has been a lot of the in stock/out of stock discrepancies, surely the two pieces of text can be linked so there is no confusion?

I think we are getting on top of this now. We have done major software updates so our accounting software syncs up with the website. We also have predicted arrival dates from our ordering system update on the website too. So hopefully this issue is mostly resolved now.

If however you find any particular exaples of this just let us know and we will fix up right away.

Look up 12/24v gear motors on eBay. Can get mounting brackets to suit, pick your rpm, looking at about $50 plus a coupling (-$5) and some fasteners if you're the diy type. Can run off a cheap laptop power supply brick or switch mode. You can diy this with enough Google Kung Fu for under $50, or just buy a cheap Ikea / ozito / Maos Dollarama drill, cordless or otherwise.

You might want to hold of a little. We are going to release a new grain mill with integrated motor soon and its awesome. In fact do you mind if we get some feedback from you guys:

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/KegLand Grain Mill Image.PNG
KegLand%20Grain%20Mill%20Image.PNG

Please see image attached.

As you can see from the image we have two large detented adjustable roller knobs on either side. We also have a large integrated motor on the mill body.

I would like to get some feedback on the hopper. can you guys please let me know if you would prefer:

1. An folded aluminium hopper. (like all the other hoppers you see on the market). This would cost about $10-20 extra for an aluminium hopper.
2. Alternatively if you would prefer us to make the mill with a coupling that would accept any large plastic bottle that would fit onto one of those water tower coolers. These bottles are really easy to come by, make great hoppers, would reduce the cost a bit and at the same time its nice to recycle where possible.

The other thing is that it makes the mill smaller and easier to ship to custoers. The only thing is that we would need a custom made plastic coupling for optons 2, but option 1 we would not have this additonal tooling cost.

Option 1 would probably hold about 10 liters like most of the other hoppers you see out there already but optoin 2 you can easily find plastic bottles that are 20liters in size.

So it would be nice to get your feedback on this one guys as we are just tooling up for this now and this product will be released soon but this was one of the last things that we are tossing up.

Oh nice! No use for me as I've already got about 20Kg of Percarbonate but good to see you doing some nice specials.

Its important to remember that sodium percarbonate is by all means a fantastic active ingredient but it has it's limitations. We have tried to explain that here:

I know some customers are very happy using sodium percarbonate only but we have found to get the best results you really need multiple agents in the cleaning product. The StellarClean that we have here contains 8 ingredients in total:
We definiltely would have gone for a much simpler formulation if we could but every ingredient is quite important. Some help to soften the water, some are surfactants, some are chelating agents, and some help the peroxide bond to metal ions, etc.

Any idea on a rough price of the mill at the moment?
I'm thinking about a motor for mine (malt muncher) but wondering if I should hold out.

Can I mix the StellarClean with the StellarOxy to save some money (I already have both) and get the best of both worlds? My water at home is really good and I manually scrub anyway.

I do like the look of that new design, but an aluminium hopper would definitely be my preference.... will the throughput rate on this mill e the same as the existing one? looks like the rollers are VERY narrow.

You might want to hold of a little. We are going to release a new grain mill with integrated motor soon and its awesome. In fact do you mind if we get some feedback from you guys:

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/KegLand Grain Mill Image.PNG
KegLand%20Grain%20Mill%20Image.PNG

Please see image attached.

As you can see from the image we have two large detented adjustable roller knobs on either side. We also have a large integrated motor on the mill body.

I would like to get some feedback on the hopper. can you guys please let me know if you would prefer:

1. An folded aluminium hopper. (like all the other hoppers you see on the market). This would cost about $10-20 extra for an aluminium hopper.
2. Alternatively if you would prefer us to make the mill with a coupling that would accept any large plastic bottle that would fit onto one of those water tower coolers. These bottles are really easy to come by, make great hoppers, would reduce the cost a bit and at the same time its nice to recycle where possible.

The other thing is that it makes the mill smaller and easier to ship to custoers. The only thing is that we would need a custom made plastic coupling for optons 2, but option 1 we would not have this additonal tooling cost.

Option 1 would probably hold about 10 liters like most of the other hoppers you see out there already but optoin 2 you can easily find plastic bottles that are 20liters in size.

So it would be nice to get your feedback on this one guys as we are just tooling up for this now and this product will be released soon but this was one of the last things that we are tossing up.

Back