Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its important to remember that sodium percarbonate is by all means a fantastic active ingredient but it has it's limitations. We have tried to explain that here:

I know some customers are very happy using sodium percarbonate only but we have found to get the best results you really need multiple agents in the cleaning product. The StellarClean that we have here contains 8 ingredients in total:
https://www.kegland.com.au/stellarc...ewery-cleaner-beer-line-cleaner-keg-wash.html
We definiltely would have gone for a much simpler formulation if we could but every ingredient is quite important. Some help to soften the water, some are surfactants, some are chelating agents, and some help the peroxide bond to metal ions, etc.

Thanks I understand that and make up a similar powder to your Stellarclean using Percarb, metasilicate, carbonate a chelating agent and surfactant.
It does have greater cleaning properties for sure.
But the Facebook special says it's for Stellarsan and StellarOXy - which is 100% Percarb
I only make cleaning powders and bought a couple of your faulty Stellarsan bottles from you last month :)

Last edited:
Can I mix the StellarClean with the StellarOxy to save some money (I already have both) and get the best of both worlds? My water at home is really good and I manually scrub anyway.
An unofficial reply from me .... You'd be better using them separately as combining them you're reducing the cleaning power of the Stellarclean.
Maybe use the clean for tough buildup and the Oxy on cleaner stuff - I tend to do it that way sometimes.

Look up 12/24v gear motors on eBay. Can get mounting brackets to suit, pick your rpm, looking at about $50 plus a coupling (-$5) and some fasteners if you're the diy type. Can run off a cheap laptop power supply brick or switch mode. You can diy this with enough Google Kung Fu for under $50, or just buy a cheap Ikea / ozito / Maos Dollarama drill, cordless or otherwise.

Thanks, I certainly have the skills to do that although the cost seems to mount up with all the little bits and pieces you need to complete it so my interest is limited if a turnkey solution is available.

I don't shop at bunnings any more cos they hate me.

@KegLand-com-au I have an idea, for the corny keg restoration kits, maybe instead of having a one sized fits all pack have a pick and mix, maybe choose another keg lid o-ring instead of a 20 pack of post o-rings.

I do like the look of that new design, but an aluminium hopper would definitely be my preference.... will the throughput rate on this mill e the same as the existing one? looks like the rollers are VERY narrow.

The throughput will be very similar.

The rollers require much lower RPM but due to the larger diameter. Also due to the large diameter the rollers draw really well.

Most of the current mills on the market use longer rollers that have much smaller diameter. These mills work really well when they are new but when the knurls get a little blunt they don't draw as well.

So to answer your question the new mills will have similar throughput when they are new but the real advantage is that they will continue to draw grain well even after several years of use.

@KegLand-com-au I have an idea, for the corny keg restoration kits, maybe instead of having a one sized fits all pack have a pick and mix, maybe choose another keg lid o-ring instead of a 20 pack of post o-rings.

No worries. We will discuss this with the other guys in the office.

An unofficial reply from me .... You'd be better using them separately as combining them you're reducing the cleaning power of the Stellarclean.
Maybe use the clean for tough buildup and the Oxy on cleaner stuff - I tend to do it that way sometimes.

Yes I would agree. If you have a bunch of Oxy that you want to get rid of I would rotate between the two every second or third batch.

Thanks for reminding us of this. We will get onto that right away.

Great pace, @KegLand-com-au. I see that you've put up the GOLD subscription for Beersmith 3 - any chance of the once-off licence being available? I don't do subscriptions for Microsoft Office / etc, so I like the single purchase, despite the advantages that the GOLD package puts forward.

Great pace, @KegLand-com-au. I see that you've put up the GOLD subscription for Beersmith 3 - any chance of the once-off licence being available? I don't do subscriptions for Microsoft Office / etc, so I like the single purchase, despite the advantages that the GOLD package puts forward.
Darn it! I paid more than that for subscription a little while back - should have waited. - nice discount @KegLand-com-au cost me about AU$22 all up with exchange fees

@KegLand-com-au Is it safe to use the pump on the Robobrew 3 during a boil? I want to use the pump to create a whirlpool post boil but want to ensure the tube and wort inside the pump are sanitised.

By, the way, like others here on this thread, my malt pipe cover screen and secondary screen were pretty wonky when they arrived (pretty similar to the earlier photo). I spent a bit of time straightening them and they haven't caused any issues, but it would be nice to see slightly more stringent QA.

Despite this, the Robobrew is just brilliant value for money and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of venturing down the AG path.

I hate quoting myself, but is anybody able to answer the question I posted above? @KegLand-com-au hasn't responded - I suspect they've been busy with new product development and website improvements. I'm cool with that - I was just hoping for an official answer to whether it's safe to run the pump during a boil.

Hi guys, in your yeast range will you be including the white labs Clarity Ferm? I know it’s not yeast but it make a lot of my coeliac friends very happy!

Hi guys

When is the kegmenter lid with ball lock post available? Hoping to purchase the 29l kegmenter but would prefer not to purchase separately.
Cheers

The small opening at the top doesnt make this type of fermenter a particularly desirable as a fermenter shape to us. That is unless we are missing something. What do you like about this shape?

I use them for long term sours that I leave alone for a year or more. The low level of oxygen permeability is great and I like the accessories they come with. PET carboy with tap adaptors, dry locks, etc. Easy to sample the beer without letting in oxygen. The whole range is great. I'm too worried about glass carboys and slicing my foot open. Now that there's no more Better Bottles left in the country I'm wondering what my next move should be.

I hate quoting myself, but is anybody able to answer the question I posted above? @KegLand-com-au hasn't responded - I suspect they've been busy with new product development and website improvements. I'm cool with that - I was just hoping for an official answer to whether it's safe to run the pump during a boil.
Hi ABG, not an official response obviously and I'm new to the RB but I've done 3 batches now and run the pump each time at full boil (yes to create a whirlpool) and no problems so far, that's not saying it's designed to do this just my experience at this point in time, hope that helps.
Cheers G

Hi ABG, not an official response obviously and I'm new to the RB but I've done 3 batches now and run the pump each time at full boil (yes to create a whirlpool) and no problems so far, that's not saying it's designed to do this just my experience at this point in time, hope that helps.
Cheers G

Thanks @Grmblz. Appreciate your help mate. Hopefully @KegLand-com-au can advise whether it's designed to work with boiling water, or whether we will be voiding our warranty by using boiling water through the pump.

Common sense says it should be designed for use with boiling water (and Kee strikes me as a pretty cluey bloke), but I just want to be 100% certain.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. At the moment we don't have the pump available on it's own at the moment but I will talk to the others here and see what they think about making a kit with the pump and wand.

In the near future we will have disposable oxygen cylinders and I assume most people getting the wand will get the disposable oxygen cylinder.

@KegLand-com-au Any ETA on the pumps?

Latest posts

Back