Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, in your yeast range will you be including the white labs Clarity Ferm? I know it’s not yeast but it make a lot of my coeliac friends very happy!

Absolutely we will stock this. We dont have coolroom space at the moment but the new coolroom will be setup in about 1 month then hopefully not too long after this we will get more liquid yeast options for you guys as well as the other white labs stuff like Clarity Ferm. Just will be a bit of a wait that's all.

@KegLand-com-au Any ETA on the pumps?

We are going to see how customers find the disposable oxygen cylinders first and if these satisfy most of our customers requirements then we might not do pumps kits of customers still dont fine the oxygen kits suit their needs.

Pure oxygen is really fantastic but it does add a bit more cost. We have some 157liter disposable oxygen cylinders that will come into stock shortly and these will sell for about $20-30 per cylinder.

I notice your mini all in one reg/charger has gone from eta 25/09 to out of stock, are these still on the water ?

This will be updated soon. From what I can see on the back end looks like they will be due to arrive within the next week.

@KegLand-com-au - no biggie but I just noticed the title description in the HTML for the 29L kegmenter (https://www.kegland.com.au/29l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html) is incorrect, so up in the tab of the browser it reads as the 58L.

Here is the incorrect code in the source..
<title>58L Kegmenter 304 Stainless - Uni Tank - Pressurisable Fermenter</title>

PS. I was getting impatient with waiting for the Fermentasaurus 2 release so I've been looking at these instead but alas the pressure caps are out of stock, something is always out of stock! /sigh

Thanks for letting us know about this. I have just updated the source code for that. Cheers.

Yes sorry we are selling out of stock a lot. We keep ordering more stock but it's just selling out as fast as its arriving. We get more of these on 17th October:
https://www.kegland.com.au/4-inch-t...sts-floating-dip-tube-and-prv-red-2-5bar.html

Same. Combining postage on several items is great, but it consequently encourages me to buy multiple items, which are intermittently or permanently out of stock.

@KegLand-com-au There are a fair few questions stacking up on this thread, so I can only assume no news means that you yourselves can't give us lead times. It could be worthwhile writing that, though.

Please don't take it as criticism, we know that you could be the ultimate one-stop shop, and that you're working hard to get there.

Yes sorry about that. We have been really busy with some other changes we are making at the new warehouse so we have been a bit slow to reply to these messages last few days. Just getting through the messages now though.

I have a three tap kegerator font with Intertaps on the standard short shanks with 6mm barbs. Currently using the 5mm ID line that shipped with the kegerator. I'd like to upgrade to the new 4mm ID EVABarrier line so that I can have less line coiled in the fridge.

Any recommendations on how to proceed? My main concern is trying to get the 4mm line onto a 6mm barb.

Is there a short shank option with a 90 degree elbow and a duotight connector in the works? Basically the same as the existing shank, but instead of a barb connector, a duotight connector.

Its not so difficult to stretch the 4mm ID open with some needle nose pliers. With that said we now have awesome "DuoTight" push in fittings which eliminate this issue all tgoether.

So i am assuming you are using ball lock kegs so if that is the case you should just get this fitting:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-x-ffl-to-fit-mfl-disconnects-7-16-20unf-1-4-sae.html
(you can also use this on your regualtor to)

Or of you are using commercial keg couplers then this is the fitting you need:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-push-in-to-5-8-to-suit-keg-couplers-and-tap-shanks.html

then the only join left is the one at the back of the tap shank. Due to the tight space in the tap shank we have not got a push in fitting that works in this spot yet but we have got a solution for this soon. So in the very near future we will start providing short shanks with a special push in fitting at the back of the shank for this application.

Hey guys do you have a release date for the gen 2 fermentasaurus ? If not im going to buy one of your kegmenters .
Cheers

This is getting really close. We had to commission a new blow molding plant so this has been quite a bit task and also has come at quite a large expense not to mention take some time. With that said the way things are tracking we should have the new 27Lfinished before Christmas this year. Unfortunately the fermenting fridges that we are making for these new shapes of fermenters has been pushed back so the fermenting fridges now look like they will not be finished until next year.

The 27L model will be released first. Then not too long after we will then bring out the 50-55L model.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-29_16-46-39.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-29_16-46-39.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 105
I'm not sure, if that would do the job. First, I don't think that the 90 degree barb part can be separated from the short shank to expose the thread, like you can on long shanks. There's also not much thread on the short shanks, so even if the barb part can come out, there might not be enough thread to attach the fitting. Second of all, I'm not sure if there is enough room in a standard 3" font to fit three of these and leave enough room for insulation and enough bend radius for three beer lines.

Yes that is exactly correct. In about 2 months we will have a new shank to fix this problem that will accept the push in fitting and fit inside the font. currently it's too tight to fit so you really just have to use the barb tail and hose clamp.

While not ideal, it could probably be beaten into submission. I could stagger three of these in the font by cutting the existing lines at 5, 10 and 15 cm, so that all the joiners don't end up in the same spot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes this is not a bad optoin.

If it can be done and is reliable, I might give this a go first. It's been a while, but I recall that trying to fit the 5mm ID Keg King line onto the shank and stainless steel disconnect barbs was not much fun. I got there in the end and all connections have been reliable for a couple of years now.

@KegLand-com-au what is your recommendation?

The older KK line was made from PE. This was very hard and even more difficult to get onto the barbs. The new Evabarrier line is signficaintly easier to use and has much better gas transmission rate.

@KegLand-com-au I saw the 65L Robobrew date has been pushed back again - do you expect this to be accurate or are there likely to be further delays?

About 70% of customers in America go for the beersmith Gold Licence as it's good value and it means you get constant updates.

We can also sell the licence where you own the software and dont have any ongoing fees but the price will be about $40 compared to the $20 that we sell the annual licence for. So at $40 do you think you would still prefer to purchase the software outright? You might find that after 2 years you have to then purchase a newer version anyway. Brad is constantly updating this software so although it's not nice having to pay annual fees I actually think in this instance the Golg Licence is the way to go.

What do you other guys think? If we get anough call for both we will also sell the software outright too.

I was mostly concerned with having a choice, but you make some good points.
I just jumped back on the website to order the Gold Licence but it's been removed...

So at $40 do you think you would still prefer to purchase the software outright? You might find that after 2 years you have to then purchase a newer version anyway.

I'd expect that once you pay for the software license, the software continues to function indefinitely. If the current version works for you and has all the functionality you need, there should be no need to update or upgrade at all - ever. Find an old unused laptop, install current version of BeerSmith and keep the laptop in the brewshed. If the laptop is old enough, it may not even have WiFi, which means you never have to worry about updating any software on it. It becomes a dedicated tool. From that point of view, I can definitely see a good case for a one-time purchase instead of a subscription.

Maybe I'm a bit old-skool, but my brewing record keeping consist of a hard cover notebook, pencil and eraser. Not pen - don't want the ink to run in case of accidental spillage. In terms of software, whatever will do the calculations I require at the time, with the minimum of fuss. The results get transcribed into the log book.

What were the items I could use for hose connections? ours is a leaky pos

Any plans for adding magnetic stir bars to the product range?

@peteru I agree it makes sense for @KegLand-com-au to stock spare stir bars as they are selling the stir plates and it's so easy to accidentally dump one.
Even without the hassle of kids who think they are good toys or even some kind of mint to swallow :)

Hopefully they will stock more than one length too as a longer than normal one seems to work better for me in a big flask.

The stir bars on Ebay and Chinese sites tend not to have the little ring in the middle that helps them spin in place, so results may vary. There is a lab supplier that sells good ones, or check your LHBS.

Back