Quantcast

How To Open A Bag Of Malt

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I've always considered myself to be an ace at opening any bag of malt by tugging on the correct string then zzziiiippppp

However the other day with a bag of BB Wheat do you think I could locate the correct string? After 20 mins I went at it with the box cutter.

:angry:

bignath

"Grains don't grow up to be chips, son"
Reaction score
A pair of scissors and then straight into the storage bin for the win.

I'm too lazy to worry about opening it correctly. :icon_cheers:

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
A shorter version of that 'movie' would've been good.

Also interesting that they mash with uncracked grain... Might give that a go next time :eek:

dent

Under Pressure
Reaction score
Great video, though apparently crushing (or maybe even mashing) grain is optional

edit:bah

real_beer

Reaction score
I've always considered myself to be an ace at opening any bag of malt by tugging on the correct string then zzziiiippppp

However the other day with a bag of BB Wheat do you think I could locate the correct string? After 20 mins I went at it with the box cutter.

:icon_offtopic:
Wait until you try to open the F#$%##$G dipping sauce containers that comes with KFC nuggets.

stux

Hacienda Brewhaus
Reaction score

Me too... but after 10 minutes I finally found the right string... I normally get my seamstress wife to open anything but the weyermann... but this time I thought... there's only a few strings... surely can't be that hard :(

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
The 1970s were great because you no longer had to fumble in the dark with bra clips.

labels

Reaction score
Make sure the front of the bag faces you then start from the left to find the zipper string

With bras make sure she is facing you, fixation on the eyes and then sneak behind with your left hand and . . .

pmastello

Reaction score
I'm still having trouble...... :blink:
It's alright, I have a video for that too

Although I hear Chuck Norris can remove a bra with no hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

labels

Reaction score
Yeah, would probably be interesting IF we had a workable interenet connection. These Effing Telcos are getting right under my skin - big time, they're all ******* hopeless and keep passing the problem down the line. Apologies for off topic rant, but it's just taken over two minutes to get this reply box up, we are running at 4Kb/s and paying for ADSL2+, joke.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Yeah, would probably be interesting IF we had a workable interenet connection. These Effing Telcos are getting right under my skin - big time, they're all ******* hopeless and keep passing the problem down the line. Apologies for off topic rant, but it's just taken over two minutes to get this reply box up, we are running at 4Kb/s and paying for ADSL2+, joke.
How far out from your local exchange are you?

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score

From my records if that's any help? ---- View attachment Opening_Grain_Sacks.doc

Latest posts