How To Open A Bag Of Malt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always considered myself to be an ace at opening any bag of malt by tugging on the correct string then zzziiiippppp

However the other day with a bag of BB Wheat do you think I could locate the correct string? After 20 mins I went at it with the box cutter.

:angry:

A pair of scissors and then straight into the storage bin for the win.

I'm too lazy to worry about opening it correctly. :icon_cheers:

A shorter version of that 'movie' would've been good.

Also interesting that they mash with uncracked grain... Might give that a go next time :eek:

Great video, though apparently crushing (or maybe even mashing) grain is optional

edit:bah

I've always considered myself to be an ace at opening any bag of malt by tugging on the correct string then zzziiiippppp

However the other day with a bag of BB Wheat do you think I could locate the correct string? After 20 mins I went at it with the box cutter.

:icon_offtopic:
Wait until you try to open the F#$%##$G dipping sauce containers that comes with KFC nuggets.

Me too... but after 10 minutes I finally found the right string... I normally get my seamstress wife to open anything but the weyermann... but this time I thought... there's only a few strings... surely can't be that hard :(

The 1970s were great because you no longer had to fumble in the dark with bra clips.

Make sure the front of the bag faces you then start from the left to find the zipper string

With bras make sure she is facing you, fixation on the eyes and then sneak behind with your left hand and . . .

I'm still having trouble...... :blink:

It's alright, I have a video for that too

Although I hear Chuck Norris can remove a bra with no hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, would probably be interesting IF we had a workable interenet connection. These Effing Telcos are getting right under my skin - big time, they're all ******* hopeless and keep passing the problem down the line. Apologies for off topic rant, but it's just taken over two minutes to get this reply box up, we are running at 4Kb/s and paying for ADSL2+, joke.

Yeah, would probably be interesting IF we had a workable interenet connection. These Effing Telcos are getting right under my skin - big time, they're all ******* hopeless and keep passing the problem down the line. Apologies for off topic rant, but it's just taken over two minutes to get this reply box up, we are running at 4Kb/s and paying for ADSL2+, joke.
How far out from your local exchange are you?

From my records if that's any help? ---- View attachment Opening_Grain_Sacks.doc

Back