Hag Brew Day At Potters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i had a tops day too!

Great to meet a lot of people i have known for years :p

Beer was great, food was great, the band was........... ;)

I was stoaked everyone liked my IIPA. I was a bit nervous about taking it but glad i did. Put a few smiles on faces and roses in cheeks :lol:

I feel a lot more confident to make a big hoppy beer for the case swap now.

cant wait to have that oktoberfest on tap here at home..... will be nice.

And a big thanks to Mark for organising it all and the potters folk for thier patience with us.

Cheers

Looked like a good time was being had by all those who attended

If our cubes come out anything like the Oktoberfest on tap, there will be some very happy brewers in Newcastle

A special thanks to Luke Keith and Josh - we couldnt have been better looked after.

Getting an insight into how pro-brewers work, operate their plant and equipment and the ingredients they use can help us all improve our own brewing.

Now to start planing the next event - something BIG, I mean really big like a huge Belgian is on the cards.

Again - thanks to the Potters team and to all the HAG's

MHB

Great day - thanks to all for organising it and putting up with us.
Always good to put faces to names
Glad you bought your IIPA Tony - top stuff.
:chug:

Hi HAG's

The Cubes are on the floor at the shop - the yeast is in a Corney in the fridge.

Come and Get Them

I also took a bottle of "Rogue - Imperial Pale Ale" kindly posted over from the US by some friends. It tasted a bit like Hoegarden Grand Cruz ^2 (squared), I asked if we could make something like it - Luke reckons anything's possible so what do you guys think, Big enough for the next HAG Brew Day.

Mark
MHB

Hi HAG's

The Cubes are on the floor at the shop - the yeast is in a Corney in the fridge.

Come and Get Them

I also took a bottle of "Rogue - Imperial Pale Ale" kindly posted over from the US by some friends. It tasted a bit like Hoegarden Grand Cruz ^2 (squared), I asked if we could make something like it - Luke reckons anything's possible so what do you guys think, Big enough for the next HAG Brew Day.

Mark
MHB

Bring it on!

And I'll be in maybe tomorrow arvo, probably thursday to pick up my gear.

edit: just realised you hit the 500 post milestone. Now you can have a fancy title!

I think most of us know about you and Hoegarden Grand Cruz Mark.

Do we really have a choice?

I wouldnt complain though....... Its certainly a delicious beer.

there are so many options......

A rauchbier
an Imperial dubbel german Pils.... something i have been contemplating.
An IIPA :)
anything big and belgian is good.
a really big robust porter for winter consumption
Altbier
A 40% rye roggenbier to test Likes setup :u
Barley wine
Munich Dunkel

ahhhhh its endless

If it and APA im not going :)

cheers

Sounds an excellent idea!!
I'll be there (barring family responsibilities from which I can't escape :p )

I had a great day at potters thanks mark, luke, keith and josh

ive got some photos.

Image088.jpg
Image091.jpg
Image092.jpg

Only home brewers would sit at the grain display and start eating it

col

Adding more weight to the positive feedback, I thought it was a very good time. Great beer, great company and most of all a great experience (except maybe the men in lederhosen). The octoberfest on tap and the brewery was very drinkable, not overpowering in its body and balanced by some subtle sazz finishing hops. Hope I can keep mine at a stable temp throughout the ferment.
Thanks Mark and all the Potters team for a great day

So has anyone put their brew down yet? Picked mine up today...

Not for a while yet. Too many brews in the queue. It'll probably turn into a xmas quaffer.

Im sorry I missed the event I had a family thing on

Mark have you got any cubes left?

Mine's bubbling away in the fridge at 13C, for the second day.
Collected Tuesday arvo, wort and Potter's yeast, pitched and fridged Tuesday night.
Mark recommended an early/swift start.
Looks like my Vienna lager may have to wait a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll do the Altbier first, seeing as someone else paid for the ingredients.

Will post further feedback.

Great day indeed. Big ups to Potters, including "Hollywood", Mr the Hottie, and the Moravian swearing bear dude.
Oh, and Mark too, of course.

Beerz
Seth :p

Im sorry I missed the event I had a family thing on

Mark have you got any cubes left?

Oh mate..... the beer was great off tap...... fresh, malty, hoppy. cant wait to get mine on tap.

Mark....... may be in monday or tuesday if i can get away from the mines..... bloody busy. Do you have any IMC ale malt in stock ? I need a bag..... or 2 if prices are going to rise.

cheers

Put one down today Sam.

Many thanks to Mark.

I've pitched with the Wyeast californian common and am brewing at just a little below ambient. Some might suggest it's a waste of Octoberfest, but I wanted to try something a little different and see how it pans out. Mind you I didn't have the cojones to use a belgian ale yeast. Maybe next time :lol:

Keith

Put one down today Sam.

Many thanks to Mark.

I've pitched with the Wyeast californian common and am brewing at just a little below ambient. Some might suggest it's a waste of Octoberfest, but I wanted to try something a little different and see how it pans out. Mind you I didn't have the cojones to use a belgian ale yeast. Maybe next time :lol:

Keith

Yeah I nearly threw a kolsch yeast into last years hag pilsner - my yeast wasnt in great shape though - woulda been interesting...

quick question.

What was the SG of the oktoberfest.

I didnt find that out.

cheers

IIRC it was 1.054 undiluted... don't base your life on the answer though im only about 50% sure :p

Latest posts

Back