Hag Brew Day At Potters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHB

Reaction score
HAG Day at Potters Brewery

23 of September

Leaving from the shop at 8:30 by buss, hopefully a better one this year
Travelling via East Maitland, with a pickup somewhere around Green Hills (exactly where - to be decided)

Mash in and breakfast beer around 9:30 at Potters
BBQ lunch and Beer in the conference room (where the state comp was judged)
More beer while the kettle boils.

Luke, ably assisted by our own Keith the Beer Guy will be brewing his Oktoberfest for us (it will also be on tap as this is the Potters Oktoberfest Weekend). So there will be lots to see and do for those who get tired of watching a commercial brewery in operation.

Cubes of Oktoberfest, once they have cooled down, will be available at the shop through the week, as will a corney of fresh slurry that Luke will be giving us so we can use the same yeast he does.

All up
Bus to and from
Lunch and Beer
A Cube of Oktoberfest and yeast

$95

Hunter All Grain Brewers are all invited.
Limit of 30 places
Booking secured with payment.

Any others outside the Hunter, this is a good chance to visit Potters brewery, meet a lot of AHBer's and try some truly excellent craft beers.
If you are interested please contact me and we can arrange for you to have a look see, join us for a beer and lunch (Need numbers for catering). Or just drop in and say hi.

I hope you still a ticket/place left when I have the money. I don't get paid until a few daze b4 the event.

Anyone wanna gimme a lift back to Medowie afterward?

The previous HAG day at Potters was great, and this one sounds even better. I s'pose there are lessons learned from the previous event.

Oh yeah! I'm looking forward to brewing an Oktoberfestbier and putting it on tap down at the Teninch Brewery. I can only imagine that it'll virtually evaporate.

Is the Oktoberfest fresh wort a one-off, or is it likely to be a regular or seasonal product from them?

Borret, can U make it this time?

Les out :p

mmmm..Oktoberfest..
I had a number of Potters Oktoberfests last year and they were well made and eminently drinkable, well worth the trip, even if its just to drink.

K

Defo want to make it to the HAG day, i will see how the finances go, but im a likely piker at this point :(

I am very keen, but am supposed to be staying at a friends house on that weekend to feed his horses and keep his dog company :eek: Yes, I know, its wierd. But I will see what I can wrangle, and will keep you updated.
All the best
Trent

any places left mark?

I may be able to get into the shop on friday

let me know.

cheers

Sadly will not be able to make it, family stuff on that weekend...

Say G'Day to 'Josh is a hottie' for us.

Scotty

I was invited by Mark when I picked up my last grain order. Sorry to say I had to decline due to the family going on holidays. I would have loved to have met my fellow local brewers, anyway I hope there is a next time?

I've probably told you already a few times, but be sure to keep a spot open for me, will be in this weekend.

I was invited by Mark when I picked up my last grain order. Sorry to say I had to decline due to the family going on holidays. I would have loved to have met my fellow local brewers, anyway I hope there is a next time?

Thats a shame mate...... would have been good to catch up.

Thanks mark :super:

Whats the go with the bus? Will it be passing through Rutherford?

cheers

Mark, could I still buy a cube + yeast slurry from you at the shop despite not being able to attend the festivities?

Mark
Sadly, I have discovered now that I will definitely not be able to go. On top of minding me mates house (and horse, goats, and 50kg ridgeback that is scared to be left alone at night), I have to do my motorbike licence test first thing monday morning, before my L's expire :eek: Its an 8 hour day of riding hte motorbike, and apparently they dont find it quite as funny as I would if ya turn up all hungover and stuff.
I could have my arm twisted into buying a cube of O'fest ans slurry though! Man, was that stuff good last year.
Catch ya next time I am down
Trent

Whats happening with the bus. Whats it route?

keen to find out so i can make plans to get there.

cheers

Oh.... just got marks email.

not many people going so it may not happen. bummer

I'll be there.

The brew day is still going ahead (Mark's already committed) but the bus details are yet to be finalised.

:chug:

Smaller buss, that I will be driving - so not much beer for me.

Some people will be meeting us there but it looks like around 15-20.

Should be fun

Mark

Smaller bus, that I will be driving - so not much beer for me.

Some people will be meeting us there but it looks like around 15-20.

Should be fun

Mark
Hmmm, that means more 4 me, I suppose. :beerbang:

And I'll have one for Dr K , as well. :beer:

I'd like to reserve 2 jerry cans, as there are less reserved kits/attendees. Is that OK?

Seth :p

Latest posts

Back