Nsw Amateur Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
NSWABC_flyer.jpg

Hunter United Brewers are pleased to announce that they will be hosting the NSW Amateur Brewing Championships for 2011. The competition will be the NSW qualifier for the AABC in Adelaide in October and will be held over the weekend of 27th & 28th August, 2011 at the following venue;

Hunter Beer Co at Potters Brewery
Wine Country Drive
Nulkaba NSW 2325

Judging will commence from 10am on both days.

ENTRIES WILL CLOSE WEDNESDAY 17th AUGUST 2011

Entries can be dropped off at the following locations;

Daves Home Brew, North Sydney
Absolute Home Brew, St Marys
ESB, Peakhurst
Marks Home Brew, Islington

The competition will be held in conjunction with Maitland Hunter Valley Tourism and the Bitter & Twisted Beer Festival. This will include the Best of Show Beer being commercially brewed* at Murray's Brewery and will be showcased at the Bitter & Twisted Boutique Beer Festival at Maitland Gaol on the 5th & 6th November 2011. Other category winners will also be given the opportunity to re-brew their beer and have it showcased at Bitter & Twisted. A fantastic promotional opportunity for Homebrew and a big feather in the cap of any winner! Also, the brewer/s of the BOS beer will have their beer sponsored into the American Homebrewers Association's National Homebrew Competition.There are some great prizes on offer; further details will follow closer to the competition date.

Entries will be $7 per entry and will be judged to AABC guidelines. Full details and entry forms are available here

Any enquiries or any brewers who wish to volunteer or steward for the competition, can be registered at [email protected]. Limited accommodation will be available at the venue and BJCP qualified judges will be eligible for subsidised accommodation from the host club. Lunch will be provided for all volunteers on both days, and if there are enough people interested, there is the possibility of a Saturday night event.

Good Luck All, and get brewing!

* Conditions apply to the brewing of the winning beer i.e. reasonable cost of ingredients. For example, a beer that contains 50kg of black truffles will obviously be outside what is considered reasonable cost of ingredients.

Its back! Nice one fellas. Looking forward to getting some entries together!

....... a beer that contains 50kg of black truffles will obviously be outside what is considered reasonable cost of ingredients......

I had better change my recipe..... :huh:

Pretty sure if you can afford the 50kg of truffles for the first brew, you'll be right to swing some to Shawn to do your beer at Murray's on your own tab.... ;)

Yeah your prob right Schooey.. :)

Just a query, the flyer says 14 th for closing of entries but the post says 17th, is the flyer a typo?

cheers

Yeah your prob right Schooey.. :)

Just a query, the flyer says 14 th for closing of entries but the post says 17th, is the flyer a typo?

cheers

Oooops!

Thanks for the pick up, Matt, The closing date is definitely the 17th August!. Amended Flyer attached...

NSWABC_flyer.jpg

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

This is shaping up to be a pretty fun event. It would be pretty nice to have my beer brewed by Murrays for a beer festival..

Booz

Can entires be made by post ie post the bottles, entry form and fee to one of the above 'drop off' locations?

Can entires be made by post ie post the bottles, entry form and fee to one of the above 'drop off' locations?

We're in the process of finalising the entry pack and it should be available soon. It will have the finalised drop off points, mailing details and so on. Any queries please PM me.

Cheers

Booz

Excellent news - will the competition be registered with the BJCP?

Cheers
Peter

Excellent news - will the competition be registered with the BJCP?

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, the competition has already been registered with the BJCP and all judges and stewards will be eligible for experience points.

Cheers,

Tony

Any more news on posting entries to this comp?

Hi Max,

We hope to have drop off points finalised by the end of this week, as well as a central mailing/freight point for entries that need to be posted or combined entries that clubs may wish to freight together. Keep an eye out here or at the HUB website or follow HUB on twitter (@HUBrewers) for updates.

Cheers,

schooey

Bugger, just noticed this post.

only 6 weeks left. Timing will be tight...nothing dark can be brewed now.

Must brew next weekend...

BOG

Bugger, just noticed this post.

only 6 weeks left. Timing will be tight...nothing dark can be brewed now.

Must brew next weekend...

BOG

Why can't you brew something dark? I get stuck into my milds as soon as they are gassed up, which is usually 8 days after pitching.

I've actually got a beer for entering!. I think 2005 was the last time i entered a beer in the state haha.

Hi Guys
Just wanting to confirm that dates are still the 27th and 28th of August.
Will the judging be carried out over these two days or will there be some judging on the Friday
26th.?
Cheers
BS

Hi All,

I can confirm drop off points as follows;

The Brew Shop / ESB - Peakurst
Dave's Home Brew - North Sydney
Mark's Home Brew - Islington
Absolute Home Brew - St Marys
Amber Nectar - Toukley

All postal entries can be forwarded to;

NSWABC
c/- Mark's Home Brew
18 Maitland Road
Islington NSW 2296

If any NSW clubs wish to organise bulk pick ups/postage that would be appreciated.

Cheers,

schooey

Hi Guys
Just wanting to confirm that dates are still the 27th and 28th of August.
Will the judging be carried out over these two days or will there be some judging on the Friday
26th.?
Cheers
BS

Hi BS,

We are still finalising the possibility of doing some pre-judging of the event on Friday to enable the hosting of a Dinner event/presentation on Saturday evening. Details to come very soon if we manage to pull it off.

Cheers,

schooey

Latest posts

Back