Southside brew day April 12

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397289156.058640.jpg

Nom nom nom

Yay, the Belgian tripel is not terrible.
Peri: if you're reading this, I'll bring one along to the swap for your expert opinion. The banana has faded a bit but so has the fusels.

Tripel was very average. If you need to throw them out I have plenty of room in my bin. Its in the garage and looks deceptively like a fridge :lol:

He he, the tripel has improved quite a long way from when I drank it out of the keg (was absolute rocket fuel). I reckon 8-9 months might be the right length to preserve the banana flavours and age the alcohol out. Won't be fitting 8kgs of grain in the new system. :)

Florian said:
you want his balls as well? Don't be greedy now, Luke.
No one wanted them but everyone got them. What happens on the south side stays on the south side.

phew, finally stopped ignoring all the dirty brew pots and bits and pieces and cleaned them properly. All draining now and will be ready for putting away tomorrow night.

I've got an intermittent bug when ramping to strike temp which results in a 1 or 2 degree over-shoot but then it doesn't happen again. I think it has something to with switching from constant heat into PID heating mode.

I also forgot to get the cascade from chest freezer at in-laws place, so used Nelson sauvin instead. Only just had enough to do the 30 min addition so that was lucky.

Brew day over. My citra smash is still cranking away with a healthy krausen and it has been 7 days today since pitching. I'll do a gravity reading tomorrow and see how we are going. Smells nice. And this will be first attempt at hopping during cold crashing. See how it goes.

Once that has finished fermenting I'll this batch in for ferment and should be able to get a full keg and 5 or 6 bottles as well. I'll give one to Liam, Luke, and my brother Duncan as a momento of the day.

Reminds me of the infamous Stillscottish appearance at the xmas in July swap two years ago(hope you're well where ever you are right now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LeMpCYVrRM

Latest posts

Back