Hag 2008 Xmas In July Case Swap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loftboy

Reaction score
G'day fellow HAG's,

Is it time to get the ball rolling & organise a local mid-year case swap ?. I'm keen, so we just need 13 or 27 others to join in. Same rules as previous ? or do we go with limiting the number of styles (first in best dressed, 4 or so max per style).

David.

I'm keen, enjoyed the last one a lot, it was great. :D

I'm keen if bastardised kits are allowed again. Need to get the ball rolling on the ag setup again...came to a grinding hault over xmas.

On that note i still have beers left from the xmas swap. Knocked down goathearders offering tonight, was a bloody nice beer!!

Pok

P.s.

Here's The list for now

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok

Count me in

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok
4. Peve

Count me in also

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy

Gotta be quick

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy
6. Shmick

There is an informal committee that plans and organised HAG events, we are fairly busy getting the upcoming comp organised, we had planed to announce a Christmas in July, the next HAG brew day and a couple of other events after the Comp.

Before you start organising HAG events it would be appreciated if you could at least contact the moderators of the HAG sub forum, as we are already planing events as far out as next year.

If you do have questions or ideas about/for HAG events we are always looking for good brew related events - but please talk to us - before you start posting those ideas.

MHB

There is an informal committee that plans and organised HAG events, we are fairly busy getting the upcoming comp organised, we had planed to announce a Christmas in July, the next HAG brew day and a couple of other events after the Comp.

Before you start organising HAG events it would be appreciated if you could at least contact the moderators of the HAG sub forum, as we are already planing events as far out as next year.

If you do have questions or ideas about/for HAG events we are always looking for good brew related events - but please talk to us - before you start posting those ideas.

MHB

Thats is a pretty fair call there Mark. For future reference who is part of the "informal committee / moderators"?

And on that note would the "committe" like to "endorse" this swap, or should it be re-named?

Pok

Hi All,

Perhaps the information regarding the committee i.e. who to contact before posting/organising an event should be posted as a sticky topic and placed somewhere separate to this thread because unless everybody in HAG's read's this thread, the 'problem' will happen again.

Pete

Hi All,

Perhaps the information regarding the committee i.e. who to contact before posting/organising an event should be posted as a sticky topic and placed somewhere separate to this thread because unless everybody in HAG's read's this thread, the 'problem' will happen again.

Pete

Agreed that would be a great idea.

Should include Names, contact numbers etc. And maybe some details about each person (for interest sake). Could also include "members" of HAG

Pok

EDIT

Found in the original thread for HAG:

"Moderation is brought to you by Les the Weizguy, Keith the Beer Guy and yours truly (MHB). Thanks to Dane and Doc for setting up AHB and this forum."

So i guess this answers the question

I had a chat to Mark about this thread today & it may still happen as a HAG event.

Like a few others, I was under the impression that the HAG sub-forum was simply a place for Newcastle & Hunter Valley brewers to discuss local events. As has already been suggested, I also think that putting a sticky on what HAG is, how it operates & who to contact would be a good idea.

What I think we also need to do, is work out a way for locals to discuss/organise future informal gatherings, that are not "official" HAG events. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to undermine the terrific efforts of Mark, Les & Keith - far from it. I'm just suggesting that we need a way of arranging small informal events like swaps, brew days & most importantly, drinking each others beers. :party:

In regards to this mid-year swap, even if it doesn't happen under the HAG banner, there is nothing stopping a handful of us meeting at a convenient location to do the exchange. Even just 7 of us swapping 1 case (2 beers each) would be enough to make it worthwhile.

Watch this space.

I wasnt aware of any comities or sub comities, moderators or presidents.

Perhaps the "club thats not really a club" needs to become a proper club if all this is happening behind the curtains.

we could even have club entries into comps then, and t shirts. :)

cheers

I had a chat to Mark about this thread today & it may still happen as a HAG event.

Like a few others, I was under the impression that the HAG sub-forum was simply a place for Newcastle & Hunter Valley brewers to discuss local events. As has already been suggested, I also think that putting a sticky on what HAG is, how it operates & who to contact would be a good idea.

What I think we also need to do, is work out a way for locals to discuss/organise future informal gatherings, that are not "official" HAG events. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to undermine the terrific efforts of Mark, Les & Keith - far from it. I'm just suggesting that we need a way of arranging small informal events like swaps, brew days & most importantly, drinking each others beers. :party:

In regards to this mid-year swap, even if it doesn't happen under the HAG banner, there is nothing stopping a handful of us meeting at a convenient location to do the exchange. Even just 7 of us swapping 1 case (2 beers each) would be enough to make it worthwhile.

Watch this space.

I wasnt aware of any comities or sub comities, moderators or presidents.

Perhaps the "club thats not really a club" needs to become a proper club if all this is happening behind the curtains.

we could even have club entries into comps then, and t shirts. :)

cheers

Folks I have started a thread for this sort of stuff to be put so Les, Keith and Mark can have a read etc and potenialy the HAG, "Club thats not really a club" can maybe become a "Club" .... if the makes any sense at all.

Anyway this thread can go back to being about beer in july.

Hag - The In's And Outs & What You Would Like To See

THREAD : "HAG- The In's and Outs 7 What You Would Like To See"

Cheers, Pok

HAG / What ever it will be called otherwise Xmas in July Case Swap:

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy
6. Shmick

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy
6. Shmick
7. goatherder

newcommers always welcome mate. Not sure whats happening with this one now but im sure the Case swap HAG sub comittie will organise something for us to participate in.

cheers

So is this the OFFICIAL H.A.G. case swap or another Newcastle swap? As there is an offfical H.A.G. case swap coming up?

Steve

So is this the OFFICIAL H.A.G. case swap or another Newcastle swap? As there is an offfical H.A.G. case swap coming up?

Steve
Steve and all HAGs (scrags and dags, too) :lol: ,

I'm happy to pronounce this as the official HAG swap thread, and to add my name to the list. (at the risk of having my boy-bits removed). If necessary, we can start another thread...but why would we need to?

I certainly don't want to see fragmentation of the Hunter crew, and can't see that we could/would/should need to run/support two case swaps. Send opinions/ input here or by pm.

Beerz
Les

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy
6. Shmick
7. goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy

P.S. Note: This will not be the complete list, as we are encouraging non-AHBers to get involved. :eek:
We will not be limiting the number of participants in this swap, so we're not limited to 10,14 or 28. You may not receive one of ALL case beers, but you'll get as many as you put in.

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy
6. Shmick
7. goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. Tony

I have 4 milk crates containing 56 bottles.... all empty.

Im in the NSW case swap, might as well enter this one too....... Now that i'm allowed :p

Now..... what to brew......mmmm.... what to brew?

cheers

Latest posts

Back