EOI: Bulk Buy - Glycerine - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lael

Reaction score
Ok, I'm looking at getting some Glycerine for some yeast freezing. I was using vials in the fridge but want greater longevity and will now be freezing with glycerine. See: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/50154-lets-freeze-some-yeast/?view=getnewpost for details.

Working on pricing, but should be less than $10 perL. Pickup from Hills district. If I can get it in 1L bottles / find a decent supply of them I'll consider postage. Pickup only for now.
20L minimum and maximum for now.

Lael - 2L

I've got LCA-03, while awesome and free-standing, they are not sterile out of the box so I boil or steam mine prior to use and store extras with some starsan in them for rapid use.

2L is a good amount to get, I'm working my way through a 2lt lot that I got from Mardoo, I wouldn't get less than that.

If you are even remotely interested in Freezing Yeast for your own Yeast Bank... this stuff is the gear..

Any suggestions for bottles to ship in? Nainsook suggested a supplier that looks good.

I'll be in for some nitro glycerine too. Bloody neighbors dog won't shut up! Lol.
I'll get some vials/tubes too.

Yob said:
dunno mate, bloody PET would do
I don't know if this is realistic... I'd like to do HDPE which would allow people to 'autoclave' the whole bottle (am I thinking right on that?). What is the height / depth of most pressure cookers?

Not big enough for standard pet...

Peeps are responsible enough to take care of the front end of their process mate, I personally wouldn't burden myself with it.

OK, I've sorted this out going ahead with this. $14 per litre, including an autoclavable bottle that the glycerine will come in. Happy to ship - I think it would end up bang on the limit for a 3Kg bag. (1L = 1.25Kg from the online converter I saw).

Lael - 2L
Gezzanet - 2L
roastin - 2L

Edit: - I'd prefer 2L per person for 10 spots / 7 left.

Doing a double with the vials as well Lael?
I'm still in for the glycerine either way. Thanks

Yep, happy to. I'm not sure if they would all fit in a post bag for shipping though

Sounds good gezza. Just confirming that the glycerine will come in 500ml bottles (4 for 2L), which *should* (calculated by measurements and will fit by around a cm - but not checked the actual bottles) be short enough to fit into the Aldi pressure cooker, and I assume others as well. So if you want you can sterilize the whole bottles of glycerine after you get them. I can do 1L bottles for those that prefer them on request. Lab grade bottles.

Back