Keg King - Growler Bulk Buy (Stainless Vaccum Walled)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually had that happen a couple of times on the typical glass growlers and had been eyeing off the stainless ones as a replacement. Will be interested to hear if others have problems.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Picked up two of these recently and first couple uses they appeared to work fantastic. Last weekend I filled one up, sealed and popped it into my back car seat. Drove to mates place and upon removing from car realised it was leaking out of the hole where the spring wound ring enters the lid. Re-seated and wiped the seal, tried again and it leaks slightly again. Anyone else transported them on their side and had a similar issue? Haven't had more time to investigate further but thought I'd see if any here have experienced a similar issue?

donald_trub said:
I've actually had that happen a couple of times on the typical glass growlers and had been eyeing off the stainless ones as a replacement. Will be interested to hear if others have problems.
been using my 2 for a couple of years with no issues, sounds like you have a small hole in the rubber seal/membrane. Dunno if keg king would have spares but it would be worth hitting them up.
This is what you're after:

http://www.kegworks.com/replacement-seal-for-stainless-steel-growler

One of my lids (the bail actually) came loose and leaked, so I contacted Kees and got a free replacement. Plus he offered me free postage if I wanted to buy anything, as he was already going to be mailing the lid.
I have heard he's swift/generous in trying to fix issues with any of their gear, and this is my testament.

Do any of you guys bottle condition in your growlers?

I've found a few end up flat when opened. It is a devastating find for 2L of beer that has been sitting there for a few months :( Makes it hard to think you are taking a beer to a party only to open it and find it is flat. I question taking any growler these days.

I'll have to mark the offenders to try and isolate where the problem is. Initially I thought is was a one off but it has happened about 5 times.

I bottle conditioned the last 2L of a 22L batch (19 into a keg) and had it explode all over the room when i popped the top and then proceed to foam everywhere. No issue with carbonation there.

Ok thanks for that. Maybe it is one or two that are duds and I just keep filling the same dodgy one like an idiot expecting different results. That sucka is getting a mark put on it and I might test it out with a fake beer (water, priming sugar and yeast)

Latest posts

Back