Keg King - Growler Bulk Buy (Stainless Vaccum Walled)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's always annoying when you miss out on a bulk buy, but at the end of the day, if you really want one of those growlers, you can buy them anytime for just about $10 bucks extra, and you can pick them up at your leisure without having to drive somewhere just for one purpose.

I'm sure they will still be worth it.

And no, I'm not giving up mine...

I second that. $30 is still a very good price if you can pick it up. The cheapest equivalent I could find on eBay was over $40 + postage. The real bonus here is that those of us up north who don't live near kegking can save on postage, as well as the unit price.

Missed out as well. Happy for one if any of the Brisbane people want to part with one.

Cheers, Brian

Ross at Craftbrewer had about 20 on the shelf yesterday.

angus_grant said:
Pickup from southside Brisbane - Springwood

Angus * 2
Jonnir * 2

Lukifer, do you want me to grab yours as well? I can store them until April 12. :ph34r:

Anybody else want a southside pickup?
Yes please Angus, it will save me a few k's and negotiating the city. Birkdale Bob * 2.

II just found out I'm going to Sydney on Thursday morning and not home till late Friday night, so as long as I can pick-up (assuming I still am) then I should be able to have my Wife hand them out or arrange something when I'm home.

Thanks for the offer MXD, but I'm doing Kegking collection now.

It's looking like I might be able to collect my growlers, my kegs and my Perlick's on the same day !!!

That day, my friends, will be a good day.

Yeah, thanks for the offer MXD but I have an unhealthy obsession with shiny things so never miss an opportunity to go to KK.

Angus * 2
Jonnir * 2
Lukifer * 2
Super stock * 2
Birkdale Bob * 2
Flavo flav * 4

I'll PM everyone my address later in the week when I've got a finalised list

Anybody else for a southside Brisbane pickup? At this stage, possibly Sunday collection any time after 10AM but I'll have to clear this time first. Nothing in the shared calendar yet, but that doesn't mean much. :D

Angus * 2
Jonnir * 2
Lukifer * 2
Super stock * 2
Birkdale Bob * 2
Flavo flav * 4
Smoko mark * 4

I'll PM everyone my address later in the week when I've got a finalised list

Anybody else for a southside Brisbane pickup? At this stage, possibly Sunday collection any time after 10AM but I'll have to clear this time first. Nothing in the shared calendar yet, but that doesn't mean much. :D

I picked up my growlers earlier this week and I must say that they are really nicely manufactured.

Thank you again for organizing the bulk buy and I must say that for the price it is a bargain for such a high quality product.
I performed some tests and it really does hold the temperature really well so I am looking forward to using these in the near future.

Kee also showed me the bottle filler (not counter pressure which was my concern initially) which is quite a good design and easy to operate. It generates very little in terms of foam when used to dispense into a bottle and can be used a bit like a Pluto gun. I will grab one of those next time around to fill the growlers.

Cheers

Roller

I filled my "chiiled" growler from the tap at pouring temp and no issues with foam, I "dunmped" the first 100 ml, then put the growler under the running tap

Roller997 said:
Kee also showed me the bottle filler (not counter pressure which was my concern initially) which is quite a good design and easy to operate. It generates very little in terms of foam when used to dispense into a bottle and can be used a bit like a Pluto gun. I will grab one of those next time around to fill the growlers.
I got one of these as well but havent used it yet.

Whats the problem with counter pressure ones?

I think he was saying that he was concerned that it wasnt a counter pressure type..

Edak said:
I think he was saying that he was concerned that it wasnt a counter pressure type..
Ah fair enough. Looking at mine it could very easily be converted to a counter pressure one by adding a rubber stopper with a hole drilled into it.

Picked up two of these recently and first couple uses they appeared to work fantastic. Last weekend I filled one up, sealed and popped it into my back car seat. Drove to mates place and upon removing from car realised it was leaking out of the hole where the spring wound ring enters the lid. Re-seated and wiped the seal, tried again and it leaks slightly again. Anyone else transported them on their side and had a similar issue? Haven't had more time to investigate further but thought I'd see if any here have experienced a similar issue?

Back