EOI: Carbonation Cap Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, order is placed and received. I'm starting shipping today. But I ordered more than needed, I'll PM you payment details.

Sure did! I've PM'd everyone with a link for address details.

If you end up with extras Lael PM me glad to grab a couple.

MB

Hey guys,
Sorry the bulk buy is already delivered :)

If there is enough people interested I'll do another round, but it would have to be similar - fairly large groups for the bulk of the order and mostly orders of 5(one postal bag) or more.

Anyone noticed these caps not getting a great seal with the disconnects?

I filled two bottles yesterday and, unless held in the right spot, the gas disconnect was leaking. Wasn't game to leave them connected and lose a whole cylinder of gas.

I have found that I can't get liquid connects to stay on?? Have to hold it when I shake the bottle. Also seems to be some plastic or rubber stuck in the poppet and gas leaks out??
Only tried 1 of 3 so far.

mofox1 said:
Anyone noticed these caps not getting a great seal with the disconnects?

I filled two bottles yesterday and, unless held in the right spot, the gas disconnect was leaking. Wasn't game to leave them connected and lose a whole cylinder of gas.
Two of mine won't fit in the beer disconnects. Haven't tried the gas ones yet.
Can't see why some fit and some don't but I might file them down a bit.

Hrm. Caps seem to be fine now... At work this sort of thing is usually referred to as PEBKAC.

Seems like these ones just need to be screwed down really tight.

(Honestly, I drinking wasn't ocifer!)

Its the rubber seals.. they are a little small for the cap. they bend and break the seal when you tighten them.. they may need replacing.. persist cause they are great units.. its just a rubber sealing issue.

I was just thinking of Bunnings (OMG) yes Bunnings tap washers.. as the current ones are a little flimsy and thats where the issues are coming in.. they just need to be a little more rigid so they don't bend/warp when attaching the carb cap

a light smear of keg lube should help with that?

Latest posts

Back