50' Stainless coil - (very) mini bulk buy - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mofox1

Wubba lubba dub dub!
Reaction score
Melbourne - Eastern suburbs pickup

I'm looking to purchase 50' stainless coil for a HLT HERMs setup.

NY Brew Supply sell stock 50' of 1/2" 316 SS coil for AU$76.66 on eBay (here). They also sell direct from their website, but the eBay prices (after postage) are better. With postage they come to ~ $144 delivered, but there's postage discounts for multiple items.

Price per item for multiple unit orders:
1 - $144.63
2 - $130.20
3 - $124.54
4 - $122.57
5 - $121.39

I'd be happy to organise a mini bulk buy of 2 to 5 of these if others are interested. If we get 3, I save $20 (this thread is not motivated by altruism!). :D

It doesn't have to be the same item either, so you get other and/or additional items from the same seller as long as it can go on the one order, with the one postage total. You pay the item and component post cost. Component post cost can be worked out by adding your items on last, and working out the difference.

Note to mods - I don't think this qualifies as a bulk buy, but feel free to move if appropriate.

Edit: Forgot (again) to include location in the title...

Wow, I only asked as I doubted they meant 50 feet... Seems really good. i'll think about it. Probably pickup only though right?

Pop me down too Mick ... I'll take 1

Cheers

1. Mofox1 x 1
2. Idzy x 1
3. Crouch x 1

Total = 3 (out of 5)

sjp770 said:
Wow, I only asked as I doubted they meant 50 feet... Seems really good. i'll think about it. Probably pickup only though right?
Yep - pickup only. That reminds me to update the post title to include location... (done).

They certainly do mean 50 feet, 15.24m or even just under 9 smoots.

Unfortunately, if you want to buy that locally it'll cost ballpark $1400. And yes, that is meant to be two zeros on the end. And that didn't include postage!

Mardoo said:
Insane price for that much 316 coil!!! Jump on it.
Insane compared to local cost - but it's not going anywhere anytime soon (I hope). This is a good op to save another $20 on the price though.

It's even cheaper to buy it in 100' sections, but then you'd have to cut it for the split... and you wouldn't want me doing the cutting!!

Nice find Mofox1,

I don't mean to hijack, but i'd be very keen to do this to for Sydney. I just did figures and if there were four people interested we could get two 100' coils shipped for about $110 per 50', if I cut them in half. PM me if you are interested.

Crouch said:
Pop me down too Mick ... I'll take 1

Cheers

1. Mofox1 x 1
2. Idzy x 1
3. Crouch x 1

Total = 3 (out of 5)
Cheers for the count.

Well, three is plenty to get the most out of the postage discounts. I'll send out a pm later to those involved. Plan to order on the next day or so.

Yob said:
Almost tempted to go you halves mardoo..

Pity my hex ain't broke...
They do 25's... :p

Is still a pity my hex ain't broke :)

I've been thinking about a rebuild for a while but the damn thing works so well I can't justify it..

Damn it

Not sure, they look like they come around 50cm - 100cm dia. You have to re-coil them (by hand, foot etc) to fit inside your HLT, or use a roller/tube bender to get to smaller diameters (eg a dedicated HX pot ~ 100mm or less).

This is how the guys at the electric brewery do it. It's still a large diameter so it can be done by hand.

bazfletch3 said:
Good luck with the buy guys! I'll probably be looking at something similar, just not yet...... Bloody americans dont know how good they've got it for brew gear... I found this a while back; would imagine given the customised nature of the coiling & bending that the postage costs (if even available) would be astronomical to Oz!

Good work Mofox :)

http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Coiled-to-customers-request-035-304304L-Coiled-Tubing_p_30.html
That is certainly a nice piece of work!

5150 said:
Nice find Mofox1,

I don't mean to hijack, but i'd be very keen to do this to for Sydney. I just did figures and if there were four people interested we could get two 100' coils shipped for about $110 per 50', if I cut them in half. PM me if you are interested.
Get any customers 5150?

mofox1 said:
Get any customers 5150?
Unfortunately No. I still haven't finished my build, I'm very close, so I should probably just see how I go before upgrading. :D

Please let us know what you think when it arrives.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back