Glycerine Bulk Buy - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mardoo

Noob What Craps On A Bit
Reaction score
OK yeast freezers,

Due to the sudden upswing in interest in freezing yeast coming from this thread I'm doing a Melbourne-only bulk buy of glycerine. In the thread the most recent activity starts at post 52

At the best price I've found, we can get it for $13.20/litre if we buy in 5 litre lots, $12.10/litre if we buy in 20 litre lots. This compares to $8-$11 for 250ml at retail, so $32 to $44/litre. You'll need to provide your own bottles as I haven't yet found a reasonably priced source for new 1 litre bottles. I have no recommendations on what type of bottle would be best. It has many, many, many uses, including a great skin moisturizer, so the ladies in your life might wish to get some too. It has a shelf life of about 2 years, longer if refrigerated.

I'll leave this buy open until the 30 November. I'm pretty busy up until the VIC case swap so will go get the glycerine the week following, so pickup early December. I'll send out a PM once this closes with bank details.
  • Minimum of 1 liter each
  • Provide your own bottle
  • Pick up in Richmond, VIC 3122. I won't be able to mail on this one.
  • Put your name down and how many liters you want
  • Check with the ladies in your life, they might want some too
Glycerine Bulk Buy - pleast update the running total

Mardoo: 3 litres
Brewnut: 1 litre
Camo6: 1 litre
tateg: 1 litre
MartinOC: 1 litre
Yob: 1 litre
mofox1: 2 litre

Running total: 10 litres

Mardoo, are you sure you're going for THREE litres??

Either you have a serious yeast habit, or I'd like to have a chat with you about just how many ladies you have in your life & how I can achieve such stellar levels of stamina.... :blink:

Edit: And....how not to get caught!!

Ancient Chinese secret Martin. That and the womens mafia has threatened my life if I reveal.

My wife and I run a daycare together. There are a lot of things for kids to play with which require glycerine, like playdough, silly putty, etc that you can make yourself. 2 litres is for that.

Yob: 2 litre

Running total: 11 litres

Epic

Just tried some on my arms after a brewery cleaning session. Nice! Not so much irritation. "It rubs the glycerin on its skin or else it gets the Starsan again."

Suggestion for BYO bottles: 1 Litre plastic milk bottles or juice bottles, or PET bottles. Obviously everything will need to be cleaned, but cheap solution...

Thanks again Mardoo. That's a great price from my brief searching the other day.

mxd 2 litres

Running total: 13 litres

If you guys have an ikea, Wayne's world, cheap shop or $1 store something along those lines they all sell 1L swing top bottle for like $1.50-2.50 depending on store

Sweet, cheers. Guys, if I can find something like pugdog1 mentioned do y'all want to add up to $2.50 per litre for bottles to be supplied?

An alternative, also from the same stores, are those plastic squeeze bottles for olive oils or vinegars with the pointed nozzle. They're less likely to smash while your smashing out yeast vials while your smashed. Actually, think I've got one in the brew shed I got from IGA.

2014-11-18 17.31.12.jpg

Voila! ( think it cost maybe $5)

Mardoo said:
Sweet, cheers. Guys, if I can find something like pugdog1 mentioned do y'all want to add up to $2.50 per litre for bottles to be supplied?
More than happy to not have to do something.

Also yes.

MartinOC: 2 litres
mxd 2 litres

Running total: 14 litres

Hi, my name's Martin & I have a yeast problem.......

Also, I think I'll stick with my ghetto milk bottle idea, rather than go something custom.

MartinOC: 2 litres
mxd 2 litres
Midnight Brew: 2 litres

Running total: 16 litres

I intend on having enough yeast to survive a zombie apocalypse. (I have a yeast problem)

Back