Electric Brewery Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adding the gear.. Now got to add stainless pipes to tidy up the wires etc... and figure out where to place everything.

20130913_083747.jpg

WOW, nice rig,the brew bug claims another victim. ..cheers...spog...

Tidied up the temperature lines and made the element cover ... and decided to make a keezer.. surprised how quick I made it.. just need to cover it with wood to pimp it.

Grainer

Oh and the new control box stand with swivel arm

20130914_174041.jpg

20130914_174102.jpg

20130914_174312.jpg

20130914_174258.jpg

20130915_202129.jpg

20130915_202139.jpg

Very nice setup so far
looking at this build make me want to bling my brewery also

Just a quick question.

When you have your element through the side of your pot like that is it worth while running a 3 core cable to it and attaching a earth on the inside or your metal enclosure?

nathan_madness said:
Just a quick question.

When you have your element through the side of your pot like that is it worth while running a 3 core cable to it and attaching a earth on the inside or your metal enclosure?
As far as I know any metal should be grounded. In my setup I have it wired up inside the element box and the the ground wire is connected to the back of the element. The brass section you see in the second picture of Grainers :)

nathan_madness said:
Just a quick question.

macca05 said:
As far as I know any metal should be grounded. In my setup I have it wired up inside the element box and the the ground wire is connected to the back of the element. The brass section you see in the second picture of Grainers :)
As far as I'm concerned all metal objects/pots must be earthed.

To pickup an earth you can do as macca05 said, or just bolt it to the side of the metal enclosure.

270920121372.jpg

Sorry was in Malaysia for the last 2 weeks.. Yes it should and will be grounded..just haven't wired it yet

Baaah. Excuses, excuses. Just fire it up all ready! ;)

Looks like very tidy work Grainer. Can't wait to see the finished result.

Just finished my keezer..Just got to add the STC and maybe some stainless steel rails for BLING.. also put a shelf on the brewery & thinking how to attach the Herm-it ... hmmmm

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Hey Grainer,
Im in the same boat as you. Have not worked out where I'm putting my Herm-it either. Ive been thinking do you want access to everything from only one side of the brew rig or when it is being used will it be say in the centre of a garage so that it means you can mount stuff all around your rig and get access to everything.
Still trying to work that our myself :)

LOL.. I put the wood on the front to mount it to that...but eventually I think I may change to s stainless unit.. I was using the PVC one as a starter unit. I figure I will want access to it so it will be at the front.. All the underside will be for storage of grain & equipment....might end up changing the elements from the bottom to the side like yours if it gets too hard to work out

Grainer said:
Just finished my keezer..Just got to add the STC and maybe some stainless steel rails for BLING.. also put a shelf on the brewery & thinking how to attach the Herm-it ... hmmmm
Those condensation collectors on your fonts are a great idea, what make of font are they ?
Nev

I got them from Keg king.. good to have them... as they will keep the jarrah safe..

Tears of sadness.. all I need is my bloody electrician to go over the panel ...Still waiting 1 month later and for a few connections to arrive in the mail.. then I got work out how to use the bloody contraption LOL.. may need to do just a few rund with just water for proof of principle to make sure it works on the first rout.. oh and I need another grain BB.. cant bre without the grain...

Back