Electric Brewery Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Grainer really interested in your build
Have you got a link or info on pre filter thingys??
Haven't seen them before is alleles this keep the grain from getting to he pump?
Can you see the wort flowing through ?

Different hights due to wanting to store stuff in the bottom section.. the top f the pump is the outlet so it has no effect on the pump function. I go them from ibrew

http://www.ibrew.com.au/products/pump-pre-filter

Yes you can see wort flow through.. its probably overkill but protects my investment :) and it stops any residual crap going through the pipes/pump/HERM-IT

Cool bit of gear a good write on there effectiveness would good
I'm sure they restrict the flow a bit
What made you put them inline ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Just too see if it will do the job..may take em out dont know.. will see how it goes cant hurt ...

Did a test run today withte pumps and water .. found out I have a faulty cam lock and got to seal the elements better..

Bit of a major hiccup .. the pots leaked from the welds..so Nev has kindly offered to refunded the cash on them.. So have to find 3 more vessels :( and components ...Need to have a big think about this and how I am going to do it...and what pots to buy.. would like good quality pots

That's a shame about the pots

can you take the pots to a welder (my were done at ?? steel in cheltenhan)

If your near keg king, I have a 50 ltr MLT (built for HERMS) you can borrow, if your close you could probably borrow the lot (my rig 80, 80, 50) as I think I only need to do 1 more brew to get my 15 cubes all filled, as a side point my wife was diagnosed 2 years ago (we just did the annual check today) with breast cancer so if you wont someone to talk to or for your wife to talk to let me know.

mxd said:
That's a shame about the pots

can you take the pots to a welder (my were done at ?? steel in cheltenhan)

If your near keg king, I have a 50 ltr MLT (built for HERMS) you can borrow, if your close you could probably borrow the lot (my rig 80, 80, 50) as I think I only need to do 1 more brew to get my 15 cubes all filled, as a side point my wife was diagnosed 2 years ago (we just did the annual check today) with breast cancer so if you wont someone to talk to or for your wife to talk to let me know.
Great offer but I will keep looking around... can catch up with a few brews some time...

Geordi stainless told me they cant be fixed cause the previous welding was so shotty :( .. they will give a quote to build some pots from scratch as well

Was wondering if they were repairable too. If it's a porous weld it could probably be refused from the inside with just the tungsten. But if it's thin stainless it would require an experienced hand I'd imagine.

Just saw your reply...

Bugger.

Bugger, mate.

Can they be drilled out to 3/4" then use a weld less fitting to seal it?

I've been happy to be able to reconfigure my system when needed, thanks to swapping fittings around.

PS, let me know if you still want that 200 lt water tank.

Got my new pots at the welder today.. Electrician has to fit some final bits before Xmas..(hopefully) and then we are a go.. just have to learn the PID functions and the HERM-IT controller and the brew will be a brewing

Brew rig complete !!! yes Warmbeer.. it is complete... Pics to follow of my first brew in it.. I will try a Robust Porter for the Bayside brewers (hopefully it works LOL)

First brew planned for Sunday… 1st Beer off the ranks is a Robust Porter ..hopefully this works or a lot of Bayside brewers will be throwing up LMAO..

Starter is going on tonight.. then ramped up tomorrow…. pics to follow of brew day .. anyone near Cheltenham is welcome to join in for a few beers..

Beers on your maiden run? I'd drive across the state to witness this event! Alas my wife has my itinerary booked till after xmas so if you could film it I'd be grateful.
Best of luck with the brew mate. May you hit all your targets and your sparge never stick.

Robust Porter on the go.. a day earlier :)

1495994_10201995361819026_414068495_o.jpg

1529814_10201995362219036_37458197_o.jpg

Your rig looks awesome mate.

Looking forward to tasting the results 4 months or so.

Latest posts

Back