Electric Brewery Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainer

The pursuit of Utopia
Reaction score
And so the fun begins.. I have just received my Auber Instruments components.. and am starting the journey on my control box build..... Thanks to Nev at Gryphon Brewing who is helping with the brewery components.. It will be a 4V 72L system.. with a little bling... might take a fair bit of time.. but hopefully I will enjoy it... I will keep you posted as the build progresses...

1. Control Box
2. Rack welding
3. Pot welding by Nev
4. Putting the system together
5. Final wiring
6. Brew

Also my new brewing logo...

Grainer

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

BEER LOGO.jpg

Nice one grainer, i am in the middle of an electric system build also. so if you need to bounce ideas or anything let me know.

cheers

karl

Brewnut said:
Nice one grainer, i am in the middle of an electric system build also. so if you need to bounce ideas or anything let me know.

cheers

karl
Nice.. saw your off the shelf unit.. would be great to look at it to get some ideas :).. here in Melbourne are you?

Good stuff Grainer. Looks like you're not messing around. Keep the pics coming.

Looks good Grainer. Starting to gear up a bit more for a major brewery build so will be following all these threads for different ideas.

Hi Grainer im looking at building something very similar, what sort of budget are you working on for the build? Brewnut I also saw your off the shelf control panel very impressive, what are you guys thoughts of the acual full electric brewery? http://theelectricbrewery.com/

Very nice bit of gear but would definately be quite expensive to replicate.

Ill be following this thread to see how the build progresses

Looks like a good start. Are you building a RIMS or HERMS and what are the 4 vessels, whirlpool,kettle, mash and lauter ?

Matty3450 said:
Hi Grainer im looking at building something very similar, what sort of budget are you working on for the build? Brewnut I also saw your off the shelf control panel very impressive, what are you guys thoughts of the acual full electric brewery? http://theelectricbrewery.com/

Very nice bit of gear but would definately be quite expensive to replicate.

Ill be following this thread to see how the build progresses
Hi Matty,

I am looking at about $1100 for the full control box build plus temperature components to the standard of the electric brewery set up... although my system will be a little different.... for the rest of the build it will be about $2000???.. Nev has been a great help by the way.. fully recommend him. I will source some components off friends and hopefully get the metal for the frame second hand to reduce costs... you can do the whole thing a lot cheaper.. but I thought Id have some fun and spend it up front instead of regretting it and retrofitting in the future. I know I can do BIAB .. but I am hands on and this is a great project to keep me very busy.... especially since I found out my wife has Breast cancer yesterday :( .. its a hard slog ahead and probably with a lot of drinking so I got to get the rig ready and pumping.

cheers

Grainer

seamad said:
Looks like a good start. Are you building a RIMS or HERMS and what are the 4 vessels, whirlpool,kettle, mash and lauter ?
it will be 3 pots with a HERM-IT

Sorry to hear about your wife!! It definately will be a good project to keep you busy. I will definately be very interested to see some more pictures as you progress.

Where did you buy all the bits and pieces for the controller? Did you get them off Nev? What are you referencing for a wiring diagram for the controller?

Regards

Matt

Matty3450 said:
Sorry to hear about your wife!! It definately will be a good project to keep you busy. I will definately be very interested to see some more pictures as you progress.

Where did you buy all the bits and pieces for the controller? Did you get them off Nev? What are you referencing for a wiring diagram for the controller?

Regards

Matt
Looked at a lot of avenues, but Auber Instruments are the best.. don't bother with Australia they are about 3 times as expensive... even my mate who is in the electronics industry couldn't get them cheaper... Wiring will be done through electricbrewery.com and a few other links I have discovered. Nev is providing all the other hardware.

cheers

Grainer

Latest control panel update... I just need to electrician friend to help out with the power options for the underneath of the panel and then add on some ON/OFF labels etc....
Next job is the fill the inside of the panel.. Also looks like I will have to move the ground... bloody thing was 1mm impinging on one of the switches...
Also had to bash the control box a little to fit the switches in correctly.. if I did it again I would push the switches in a little from the edges.

Grainer

photo.JPG

where did you get that control box, Looks super sweet...

OFFTOPIC : have you checked out 'the electric brewery' update of his basement? Ohhh man!

So Nev has built my pots and everything is getting shipped.. like a fat kid in a candy store..... it just got shipped and it is on its way .. woop woop

chugger pumps are in the hallway.. controller box just needs an electrician to look over them

john1.JPG

john3.JPG

john5.JPG

john6.JPG

Looks great!!

Got any pics of the inside of the control box?

Its a little bit of a mess at the moment cause I got to get the electricity outlets installed but happy to post detailed pics once I have cleaned it all up and put in the power outlets.

Grainer said:
So Nev has built my pots and everything is getting shipped.. like a fat kid in a candy store..... it just got shipped and it is on its way .. woop woop

chugger pumps are in the hallway.. controller box just needs an electrician to look over them
Those are the ones I could not send due to the not so nice external welds on the front fittings, those I have kept.
Yours are much nicer looking :super: and on their way.
Nev

Gryphon Brewing said:
Those are the ones I could not send due to the not so nice external welds on the front fittings, those I have kept.
Yours are much nicer looking :super: and on their way.
Nev
Yeah.. just wanted to show the pots.. Boys Nev is great .. cant recommend him enough and he does not compromise on quality .. he is a great help and easy to deal with.

Latest posts

Back