Electric Brewery Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one grainer. The MIG looks nice and new. Did you use gas and if not did you get much spatter? The one I used was a messy little bugger. Was almost as bad as the FIL eating with his teeth out. Almost.

Camo6 said:
Nice one grainer. The MIG looks nice and new. Did you use gas and if not did you get much spatter? The one I used was a messy little bugger. Was almost as bad as the FIL eating with his teeth out. Almost.
Yeah mate.. had a bit of spatter.. gasless always spatters a lot was going to spray each side of the weld but I couldn't be bothered..In hindsight i could have put some tin either side to protect it and get cleaner welds with spatter on the tin.. but I ended up just grinding the welds flat.. so you can't even tell now..and the welds are good.. was thinking of hiring some gas .. but it was just easier to weld it gasless .. an arc would have been cleaner.. but I love using my mig.. :D

The end product will look schmick .. with the decking and stainless steel checker plate

hmmm.. tow hitch.. got me thinking :huh: LOL.. don't think the 100mm rubber tires would like the trip.. future upgrades in mind :super:

LOL just saw my heading top left "Great Head" .. hope Im getting it...

I cheaped out and went the thinner section steel and my arc kept burning through.

Didn't even think to use the Kegking bottle for shielding, good call booargy.

I'm getting all excited as I look to be scoring a ac/dc TIG welder at a damn good price. Can't really justify the argon rental for the amount of use it'll get but you can never have too many toys. :D

Grainer, why didn't you tell me you could weld? Forget paying for the sign you want, just weld me a stand

breakbeer said:
Grainer, why didn't you tell me you could weld? Forget paying for the sign you want, just weld me a stand
I'd be up for that.. You would just need the steel delivered to yours and I could come over for a day trip to yours.. Easier if you cut all the steel in advance depending upon how you want your rig set up. I used 50x50x2.5mm steel.. I even have about 3-4 m spare.. U could even try that roast again hehehe

updated.. top next

20130905_173054.jpg

now that's a nice piece of kit, I want one!! are you taking orders?

Grainer said:
Here is the start of my brew stand.. It will have 100mm rubber wheels, a merbu wood decking base for a shelf and stainless steel checker plate top with gaps in between each pot to allow lines to be a little tidier. Add ons will include attachments for the chugger pumps, plate chiller and the control panel.. The whole unit may end up enclosed with some doors on the front..so it is clean and tidy and the pots can be put away or store scales/grain etc..

Grainer
Just wondering why you would use checker plate rather than flat plate, Figure flate plate is heaps easier to clean and less little nicks for bacteria to hide.... Just a thought :)

PS: looks awesome!

I like. Did you go the assembled or kit version from The Electric Brewery?

Pheww.. a bit of blood and stage 2 of the stand is done.. next for the control box swing arm..and we will all be done.

Grainer.. Now to start loading the pots etc...

20130912_194611.jpg

20130912_204121.jpg

Stop showing off mate. Is that stainless sheet? How thick? You sure you're gonna want to brew on that?

Code:
2mm all good supported well... 
it is sooo pretty

What I meant was wouldn't you rather stick a dirty big 80" LED on it and stick it in the lounge?

Awesome build Grainer!

Keep the pics coming mate, I am actually looking forward to your first brew day [PIX]

BRING IT!!

:beerbang:

Back