Electric Brewery Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keg King's per-sack prices are pretty competitive with bulk buy prices, just a dollar or two mark-up.
Just sayin'

^ What he said. Grab some marris otter and do a SMASH or similar. Test runs are for the anally retentive. Fill em with a little water, turn them on and tentatively touch them with the back of your hand. If you don't smell bacon and ozone they're good to go.

Love the keezer mate. Love the fact you can plonk it in the middle of the kitchen too. Raspect. :kooi:

Camo6 said:
^ What he said. Grab some marris otter and do a SMASH or similar. Test runs are for the anally retentive. Fill em with a little water, turn them on and tentatively touch them with the back of your hand. If you don't smell bacon and ozone they're good to go.

Love the keezer mate. Love the fact you can plonk it in the middle of the kitchen too. Raspect. :kooi:
Got an AWESOME wife that lets me do what I want to :) :super: Ill drink to that !! :chug:

Doh .. missing a 1/2'' male-male connector and Im finished with the system.. just have to wire it all up to the control panel.. hurry up electrician..check my panel... Photos to follow when all connected

And they need heeeaaaps of thread tape for an interference fit. Ahem... Or so I've been led to believe.

Control Panel finished.. and wiring up full rig tomorrow.. pictures to follow.. sooo excited.... the brews are comming marge!!

The mechanical storm .... fixing the rig

Unknown-5.jpeg

The temporary HERM-IT 2 x small 750watt elements

Unknown-1.jpeg

Well heres the rig 95% complete...

Need a new camlock (one didn't seal properly...

Replace the 2 left relays.. so it all look the same and is a bit neater...

Need to finish wiring the HLT & Kettle element ..and figure out the best way to prime the pumps

Then work out how to set and operate the Timer and PIDs, plus the 3 PID temperature sensors...

Was a big day of electrical work

... now sitting down with a brew or 5

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

So have you solved your power supply dilemma at your house?

Bridges said:
So have you solved your power supply dilemma at your house?
Yah just running 2400watt elements for now until we move house in a year or 2.. I have 20 amps for everything at the moment.. so all good.. just take a while to heat up

Schmicko! I got to ask, is that a bottle opener on the left hand side?

Of course.. have to have a few brews while ive been workin and for future brew days..

Anyone know how to work PIDs wanna come over and give me a lesson ?

Grainer what are the black round things half way down two of your lines?
Love the bottle opener

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Also why have you got one pump higher than the lowest point of the kettles ?
Looking like the fastest setup in town

cooperville said:
Grainer what are the black round things half way down two of your lines?
Love the bottle opener

They are some prefilters for the pumps I am trying out..keep the pump schmick

cooperville said:
Also why have you got one pump higher than the lowest point of the kettles ?
Looking like the fastest setup in town

You got me there..not sure what u mean ....both pumps are lower than the kettles...

WarmBeer said:
That particular piece is colloquially known as a "Cocko" by those in the trade.
Want to be able to like this more than once.

To me in he photo it looks like after all the fittings the head would be above the base of he kettles
I don't know but will you gt air caught in this section
I'm guessing you've tried it all out

So why have you set each pump on a different height?

Latest posts

Back