Electric Brewery Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd post photos of all the new BLING but cant figure it out :huh: anyway its in my gallery

gallery_27972_1059_20272.jpg

Chuggers - Nice.

Nevs coil - herms then?

Pots? - look like Handy Imports?

BLINGY stuff mate..

Seriously, can you post some higher res pix - looks amazing!

Well played!

I think the pots are some blingy things Nev has been sourcing. Make the HandyImprts look like something...well...cheap and nasty.

keifer33 said:
I think the pots are some blingy things Nev has been sourcing. Make the HandyImprts look like something...well...cheap and nasty.
Well Handy Imports ARE cheap and nasty, we have all learnt that...

Thank the lord!

Now I am hanging to see this thing up and running!

Damn Nev and his constant supply of awesome products! - something must be done! :icon_drool2:

Now got a dilemma.. we will move houses in about 1 -1/12 years now.. just decided.. to put in new power for the system will be about $3000.. .. expensive.. for this house.. rather get it in the new house.. so I was wondering about switching to a automated gas system.. any thoughts??

Grainer

$3,000 for some power points, wow. I assume you must have an old distribution panel they want to update.

Can you just run a few extension cords around the place on brew day?

with you there Kev, thats if he's stayed under 3600w each on the elements

ed: context

Just to add to what I'm talking about, my 3V can push out 112L of wort using 4 x 10amp feeds. 3 feeds are for elements (max 2400w each), and 1 feed is only used for the pump and control panel so it can share power with my brew fridges etc.

QldKev said:
Just to add to what I'm talking about, my 3V can push out 112L of wort using 4 x 10amp feeds. 3 feeds are for elements (max 2400w each), and 1 feed is only used for the pump and control panel so it can share power with my brew fridges etc.
Very old board.. I would have to turn off everything to run 1-2 2400w elements 12 amp circuit I think...might just try it anyway and see how we go..

on a better note all the steel arrived for the stand :)

you've done a top job with the build so far. Looking forward to the stand build

Does your neighbor like beer? Am sure if you slung him a couple of long necks he wouldn't mind you running a lead for 5 or so hours!
Cheers
Robbo

robbo5253 said:
Does your neighbor like beer? Am sure if you slung him a couple of long necks he wouldn't mind you running a lead for 5 or so hours!
Cheers

Lol yeah could easily do that.. will order the elements today :)
Robbo

Grainer said:
Now got a dilemma.. we will move houses in about 1 -1/12 years now.. just decided.. to put in new power for the system will be about $3000.. .. expensive.. for this house.. rather get it in the new house.. so I was wondering about switching to a automated gas system.. any thoughts??

Grainer
This is a long shot but if you have an electric oven it's possible that it plugs into a 20/30 amp wall socket.I happened to notice that ours is and is in the cupboard next to it,so you could get a heavy duty extension and use that.

Here is the start of my brew stand.. It will have 100mm rubber wheels, a merbu wood decking base for a shelf and stainless steel checker plate top with gaps in between each pot to allow lines to be a little tidier. Add ons will include attachments for the chugger pumps, plate chiller and the control panel.. The whole unit may end up enclosed with some doors on the front..so it is clean and tidy and the pots can be put away or store scales/grain etc..

Grainer

20130825_111224.jpg

20130825_131919.jpg

20130831_155812.jpg

Gotta look like a man owns it ... :beerbang: Big pipes and stainless steel

Back