Electric Brewery Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well had a few hiccups but nothing major..I hope..

we will see when I try to drink the stuff...

Power went out twice.. stuffed up the mash volume and ramp times were longer and I think the temp was thrown a little high for a while..

Ohh well good first attempt.

Need to drink more so I can practice more.. LMAO

2nd Brew on today.. Hefeweizen.. with Triple decoction. Going big... Now just got to go and get the yeast on a sunday LMAO.. looks like it will be cubed !!.. If your in the cheltenham area drop by for a beer (PM me)

Grainer said:
Well heres the rig 95% complete...

Need a new camlock (one didn't seal properly...

Replace the 2 left relays.. so it all look the same and is a bit neater...

Need to finish wiring the HLT & Kettle element ..and figure out the best way to prime the pumps

Then work out how to set and operate the Timer and PIDs, plus the 3 PID temperature sensors...

Was a big day of electrical work

... now sitting down with a brew or 5
What are those Relays? where did you get them?

cheers.

FYI.. 1500 WATTS IS NO WAY near enough for a HERM-IT.. .. if anything it loses heat !!now upgrading to 2400 watts... PILSNER FAIL today.. my 2400 watt emersion element burnt out so I did not have enough power /heat to sustain the mash ... Mash took 3 hours instead of 1... Probably rooted it now...... No more brewing until upgrade complete...

Love the decking!

My brewery has top and bottom made out of tallow wood after our deck renovations / rebuild.

An hour later and a new HERM-IT system with a 2400 watt element.. SWEEET.. now to brew again.. the ramp cycles should be heaps better now...

Unknown-10.jpeg

Unknown-11.jpeg

Unknown-12.jpeg

DONE RIG COMPLETE.. WORKS BEAUTIFULLY... Did a Chocy Treacle Stout and a Robust porter today and everything went smoothly.. ramp times were excellent...

wooo hooo.. a brewing we will go...

Grainer said:
DONE RIG COMPLETE.. WORKS BEAUTIFULLY... Did a Chocy Treacle Stout and a Robust porter today and everything went smoothly.. ramp times were excellent...

wooo hooo.. a brewing we will go...
Awesome stuff. Host a BSB meeting this year so we can all come over and check out your system.

Woo Hoo! Now that projects finished I'm gonna send you some pids and an enclosure to keep you busy. :D

Hefes are now drinkable..amazing the differences... Love the YLP380 blend over the YLP 300.. surprising I think there is more Banana n the YP380...mind you thats trying to remember form yesterday.. Next on the cards in a Breakfast Stout.. so I guess this thread incomplete unless I do any upgrades or help anymore people out.. Hope MartinOC is enjoying his new HERM-IT system we built :)

Hi Grainer, how does the plastic pipe handle the high water temps? Does it get soft or anything like that?
Regards Dave

Never soft.. It works a treat!! It just warms up a little.. the water NEVER boils during the cycle

Latest posts

Back