Drinking in the Sun WA Case Swap tasting notes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cracked jyo's blonde. Love it. What yeast did you use?
TIBdO1f.jpg

Also side note. I tried one of my bitters last night. Bit embarrassed. If anyone wants a beer refund next time they're down Armadale way I'll be happy to provide you with a better, less "old extracty" tasting beer.

Rad - All Amarillo ale.
Excellent clarity, nice white head, a bit of hop aroma, but you have to search for it. Nice bitterness and a fruity aftertaste. A great introduction to the Amarillo hop.
Cheers Ned

Seems like my one is gonna take a while to clean up. I did throw it in a keg, carb and bottled it off that morning, so right now it is giving jyo a run for his money.

Mitch Belgium Whitbier.

Nice beer, has a nice lemony tang to it that goes down very well.
Low carbonation and a little whit aroma on the pour. lightly spicy and would be great warm weather session brew..

Have never really been interested in this style but after drinking this will definately give one a go before the end of Summer.

edit.
Even went and got my brewing classic styles. going to try the Wittebrew

RAD Amarillo Ale.

pours with small head low carbonartion ( maybe shouldof opened it sooner) and is a little hazy. Low hop aroma and little hop presence. light biterness to finish but very drinkable.

Was hoping for more Amarillo but a nice drinking beer overall.

The worse things about case swaps is running later and your brews going out green. Then its just waiting to see how it turns out.

Sorry had a few drinks before tasting these. It is xmas after all.

Ob1.
Nice beer. Pour very low carbed but it didnt detract the flavour.
Sweet malty with minumin hops but just a smooth finish.

Nice beer, happy to drink this again.

Green cap IPA
Nice beer. A little hazy, thin head but nice glass lacing.
Hoppy arome and a balance sweet finish.

Godd job.

Zigs American Amber

Cleared up in the bottle pretty well.
Aroma is sweet caramel malt and muted hops. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something strange going on here. Definitely not infection, I just think the yeast needs to do some cleaning up. It finishes with the same sort of flavour I can't quite describe, but it really takes away from an otherwise good beer. Maybe taking them out of the fridge to let the yeast do some more work may help?

Yeah didn't seem super awesome out the fermenter, though it had been in there long enough. I think I had a couple of leftover bottles, so I could do a side-by-side with one in the heat. I still have half a keg of it too which isn't bad - what I get is the hop flavour side is overbalancing the rest in a kind of shitty way. It was falconer's flight, and I didn't put very much in there.

I tipped the Helles in the dirt - the VDKs healed up but it was too warm and the heat killed the beer. Considered blending it but why risk another batch to make an even bigger quantity of uninspiring beer.

I was trying to pick the hop! Never tried falconer's flight. I reckon put one in the magic largering fridge and see how it goes.

Velu- Dark Larger

This looks great in the glass. Good clarity and head retention. It has decent maltiness and good hop balance. For a bottle conditioned larger, it's pretty clean. Only thing I can pick is that it finishes with a metallic taste that detracts from it bit. Other than that, I enjoyed it, cheers!

o0UNlrEl.jpg

Lemon Saison.

Pours very clear with a light fluffy head..

Not too experienced with this style but this is drinkable.

Definate Siason yeast easters with a tangy and spicey finish.

A little bitter on the finish and clean on the palete,

It wouldnt take me too long to get used to this and it would go down wellon a warm day.

Lemon Saison001.jpg

Hey Neanderthal how was the carbonation? The ones I've drank we're abit light on carbonation wise.

I heard that the carb was low - I took mine out on the shelf a couple weeks back - they're hard as a rock now.

Review for Dent- American Amber ale/Lager

A lovely drop, a touch darker than I expected, and low carbonation, but a great balance between maltiness and bitterness. Went down a treat while figuring out the new BBQ.
Cheers Ned

image.jpg

Thanks for the kind review. I think the jar suits that beer.

Neanderthal C No Evil IPA -- Case swap bonus bottle

8HD_3703.jpg

Super carbonated! I had to blow off the foam like in a cartoon a few times to fill the glass. Unfortunately all the CO2 action stirred up all the yeast in the bottle. Apart from that, a pretty good IPA - not super hoppy in the aroma, but enough to make it enjoyable. A nice example of the style. Thanks.

Milk-Lizard84 - Lemon Saison

I never would have brewed this, but it's not a bad idea. Luckily this one is pretty light on in the Saison department, I think it would be a bit full on otherwise, and the drinkability would suffer.

I left this on the shelf until just earlier this week, so it is well carbonated - a flat version of this would not be very inspiring, so that's great. Pours very hazy. Not a lot of yeast in the aroma, a bit of light malt, all good. Ferment is clean. Overall I think this is a well balanced, very easy drinking beer. I think the non-lemon version of this would be pretty boring, and lacking in the agreeable contrast this one has.

A great beer, well done.

Thanks for the review Dent. It's the first saison so I'm pretty happy with it. Didn't push the ferment temps to high on this. Glad you enjoyed it. Will be getting stuck into your one in the next few days.

Review for Neanderthal - Byford Bomber APA
The smell of the hops comes right out of the bottle, hit me as soon as I cracked the lid. Nice head retention, drinks well. A touch too high bitterness for the body for me, but only a touch. Excellent carbonation and quite enjoyable.
Cheers Ned

dent said:
Neanderthal C No Evil IPA -- Case swap bonus bottle
Super carbonated! I had to blow off the foam like in a cartoon a few times to fill the glass. Unfortunately all the CO2 action stirred up all the yeast in the bottle. Apart from that, a pretty good IPA - not super hoppy in the aroma, but enough to make it enjoyable. A nice example of the style. Thanks.
Cracked one of these myself today to check out the batch and mine was the same. Way overcarbed. Interesting I have used the coopers drops heaps of times and never had the same issue. Pints or 750ml.

These were after the keg was pulled off might of mixed up a bit much yeast., cold crash before kegging might of helped it.

Latest posts

Back