2014 WA Winter Case Swap -- ** Tasting **

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dent

Under Pressure
Reaction score
Figured I'd start this off. Can you update the list with the condition of your brew - ie - needs conditioning / ready to drink

The numbers should match the original list, so we can still identify bottles which have numbers on the lid only.

1. dent - Baltic Porter (10%) - CPBF + ready to drink, but feel free to see if it changes over time in the fridge if you've already sucked on the tap

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

3. Milk Lizard 84-Golden Ale ready to drink

4. Nev**** Fat Albert Belgian Amber 8% - bottle conditioning

5. keifer33 – Dry Stout -

6. Mitch_76 - ?Dubbel Choc 8.7%

7. twocansam - American Wheat Bottle conditioned, ready to drink now

8. Recharge - London brown ale

9. Rad - Amber ale - Ready to drink

10. lanerigg - IPA

11. StalkingWilbur - Robust Porter - give it some time. Three weeks in bottle, but was left outside in the cold so was still undercarbed when I tried one before the swap.

12. danestead - american IPA hop hog clone - CPBF ready to drink

13. wilkens - choc/vanilla porter

14. Ned - Rye APA. bottle conditioned, ready to drink because I thought the swap was on in June for some reason

17. Neanderthal Black IPA - Bottle Conditioned - ready to drink.

18. Rickcobba - American IPA - needs more conditioning time, bottled 2014-07-10

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

1. dent - Baltic Porter (10%) - CPBF + ready to drink, but feel free to see if it changes over time in the fridge if you've already sucked on the tap

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

3. Milk Lizard 84-Golden Ale

7. twocansam - American Wheat

9. Rad - Amber ale -

10. lanerigg - IPA

11. StalkingWilbur - Robust Porter -

14. Ned - Rye APA.

17. Neanderthal Black IPA

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

3. Milk Lizard 84-Golden Ale

7. twocansam - American Wheat - Bottle conditioned, ready to drink now

9. Rad - Amber ale -

10. lanerigg - IPA

14. Ned - Rye APA.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

3. Milk Lizard 84-Golden Ale - ready to drink

9. Rad - Amber ale -

10. lanerigg - IPA

12. danestead - american IPA hop hog clone -

14. Ned - Rye APA.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout[/quote]

Also I forgot to number mine but it's easy to spot being the only one with a yellow lid.

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

9. Rad - Amber ale -

10. lanerigg - IPA

11. StalkingWilbur - Robust Porter - give it some time. Three weeks in bottle, but was left outside in the cold so was still undercarbed when I tried one before the swap.

14. Ned - Rye APA.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout or Barley Wine

12. Danestead's hop hog clone.
Damn. I really enjoyed this. If I had known what I was in for I would've made sure I had a hop hog on hand so I could do a side by side. The aroma jumped out of the bottle and
reminded me of hop hog. I think the taste was pretty close too and packed a nice hop flavor and punch. Will be looking to brew this at some point.

9. Rad1 Amber Ale
I did enjoy this, but I found it had a little bit of a cloying sweetness. When I had sips i enjoyed it. When I took a bigger mouthful is when I found it too sweet. Aroma was good and reminded me of endeavour amber ale, although I haven't had one of those for quite a while so could be way off.

And that's me done for two weeks. Back on site and alcohol free until I get home.

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

10. lanerigg - IPA

14. Ned - Rye APA.

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

10. lanerigg - IPA

14. Ned - Rye APA.- bottle conditioned, ready to drink because I thought the swap was on in June for some reason

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

10. lanerigg - IPA

14. Ned - Rye APA. bottle conditioned, ready to drink because I thought the swap was on in June for some reason

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

10. lanerigg - IPA

lanerigg - a bloody good clone! really enjoyed it. Will be making it soon

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

keifer33 - Good beer but could do with a little more hop character for me personally. A dry hopped version would be tops.

10. lanerigg - IPA

keifer33 - Sorry mate my bottle was rock solid and a gusher. Waited for it to settle but wasnt drinkable. Very Phenolic and Solventy unfortunately.

keifer33 - Great beer mate. Maybe a little drier and slightly more hop aroma and it will be an even better beer.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

For starters my beer (London brown ale) is bottle conditioned and ready to drink.

danestead - hop hog clone. I had a feral hop hog in tap at the kalamunda hotel on Wednesday for lunch, was disappointing. Not so with your beer, it was very enjoyable good balance of malt and hops I was looking for more. Thanks.

Combined for everyones reading pleasure.

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

5. keifer33 – Dry Stout - Bottle Conditioned and ready

keifer33 - Good beer but could do with a little more hop character for me personally. A dry hopped version would be tops.

StalkingWilbur - I did enjoy this, but I found it had a little bit of a cloying sweetness. When I had sips i enjoyed it. When I took a bigger mouthful is when I found it too sweet. Aroma was good and reminded me of endeavour amber ale, although I haven't had one of those for quite a while so could be way off.

10. lanerigg - IPA

keifer33 - Sorry mate my bottle was rock solid and a gusher. Waited for it to settle but wasnt drinkable. Very Phenolic and Solventy unfortunately.

StalkingWilbur - Damn. I really enjoyed this. If I had known what I was in for I would've made sure I had a hop hog on hand so I could do a side by side. The aroma jumped out of the bottle and
reminded me of hop hog. I think the taste was pretty close too and packed a nice hop flavor and punch. Will be looking to brew this at some point.
keifer33 - Great beer mate. Maybe a little drier and slightly more hop aroma and it will be an even better beer.
recharge - hop hog clone. I had a feral hop hog in tap at the kalamunda hotel on Wednesday for lunch, was disappointing. Not so with your beer, it was very enjoyable good balance of malt and hops I was looking for more. Thanks.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

keifer33 said:

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

10. lanerigg - IPA

Recharge- I had a feral hop hog in tap at the kalamunda hotel on Wednesday for lunch, was disappointing. Not so with your beer, it was very enjoyable good balance of malt and hops I was looking for more. Thanks.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout-

StalkingWilbur - I did enjoy this, but I found it had a little bit of a cloying sweetness. When I had sips i enjoyed it. When I took a bigger mouthful is when I found it too sweet. Aroma was good and reminded me of endeavour amber ale, although I haven't had one of those for quite a while so could be way off.
Recharge- Poured perfectly clear and looked great in the glass. Enjoyable beer. Thanks

10. lanerigg - IPA

StalkingWilbur - Damn. I really enjoyed this. If I had known what I was in for I would've made sure I had a hop hog on hand so I could do a side by side. The aroma jumped out of the bottle andreminded me of hop hog. I think the taste was pretty close too and packed a nice hop flavor and punch. Will be looking to brew this at some point.
recharge - hop hog clone. I had a feral hop hog in tap at the kalamunda hotel on Wednesday for lunch, was disappointing. Not so with your beer, it was very enjoyable good balance of malt and hops I was looking for more. Thanks.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout

2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout- Bottle Conditioned for just over a month. Give it another couple of weeks if you want.

Recharge- Poured perfectly clear and looked great in the glass. Enjoyable beer. Thanks

10. lanerigg - IPA

StalkingWilbur - Damn. I really enjoyed this. If I had known what I was in for I would've made sure I had a hop hog on hand so I could do a side by side. The aroma jumped out of the bottle andreminded me of hop hog. I think the taste was pretty close too and packed a nice hop flavor and punch. Will be looking to brew this at some point.

jyo- yup- this is tops. I shared this with a mate who is a Hop Hog freak and we were both impressed. If you truly want a clone, then I agree with Keiffer with there maybe being too much body, but flavour and aroma were pretty damn close. A great beer.

19. Jono- Oatmeal Stout
jyo- Mine gushed out of the bottle and carbonation was dangerously high for a glass bottle- maybe get these in the fridge ASAP. Once settled down it had a deep rich, roasty stout flavour and was pretty good. I can feel the 6.5%....

Back