2014 WA Winter Case Swap -- ** Tasting **

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dent said:
Keifer - Dry Stout

8HD_3083-001.JPG

I think this one may be infected too :( It has a hint of "old beer sitting in glass for a couple days while fruit flies breed in it" - there's probably a fourteen syllable German word for that. Seems like it would be a pretty great beer otherwise. Hopefully it is just this one bottle - luckily I have another - see you in 2016!
Good news! 2015 is close enough.

I found the other bottle of this in the fridge. This bottle is not infected!

Pours black as midnight in a mineshaft. I put a powerful LED torch against the glass and I can clearly see the bubbles inside without any diffusion, so this black beer is bright on the inside.
Some pleasant black malt aromatics, a touch of sweetness maybe. Drinks clean and refreshing, a lovely quaffing stout. Ferment is spot on. Absolutely nothing to hint at the age apart from how clean it is, no oxidation or anything, it is well brewed. A great stout.

dent said:
Good news! 2015 is close enough.

I found the other bottle of this in the fridge. This bottle is not infected!

Pours black as midnight in a mineshaft. I put a powerful LED torch against the glass and I can clearly see the bubbles inside without any diffusion, so this black beer is bright on the inside.
Some pleasant black malt aromatics, a touch of sweetness maybe. Drinks clean and refreshing, a lovely quaffing stout. Ferment is spot on. Absolutely nothing to hint at the age apart from how clean it is, no oxidation or anything, it is well brewed. A great stout.
Cheers Dent! Good to hear this one turned out good with a bit of age on it.

Must get my bottle filler back up and running this year to get rid of the bottle conditioning inconsistencies.

Back