Dollar Reaches Parity...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No tartare sauce with the f & c - had to walk back for it "Oh you wanted tartare...." yes fn paid for it
Four scratchies given at the newsagent, paid for 5, had to walk back for it
"Was that fruit salad or muesli?" For the third time because you were crapping on to your bimbo workmate and not listening to me, that was fruit salad

i'm with you on this one, my pet hate this is.

i made a fat ******* in the local telstra shop almost cry when he tried this shit on, simple rule is you're paying, you deserve service.

rant done..

cheers

back to the parity thing...

Hi Guys,
I just signed up for this deal HopShopGo for the first 1kg of shipping from the US for free ($28 value).
cheers,
cliffo

Just signed up aswell and bought a pair of shoes for the GF. Fingers crossed it all works well. Shoes were <$100 Vs buying them here in Aus for $250.

Pok

As far as I know Blichmann will only point you to their Australian distributor, and rightly so I guess.... I bought it through ibrew.com.au, it cost me $145 + postage, and that would have been cheaper than anywhere I could get it stateside... They were fantastic to deal with; easy transaction, super quick postage etc...

Haven't used it yet but it's a very well made and versatile piece of kit i.e. Randall and Hopinator in one. I doubt I'd bother frigging around trying to make something for the money.....

And Nige, wtf are you bitching about? You got your own HBS....:p

As far as I know Blichmann will only point you to their Australian distributor, and rightly so I guess.... I bought it through ibrew.com.au, it cost me $145 + postage, and that would have been cheaper than anywhere I could get it stateside... They were fantastic to deal with; easy transaction, super quick postage etc...

Haven't used it yet but it's a very well made and versatile piece of kit i.e. Randall and Hopinator in one. I doubt I'd bother frigging around trying to make something for the money.....

And Nige, wtf are you bitching about? You got your own HBS....:p

Keep us posted on how it performs. I'm also interested on the fittings that you'll use to connect the beerline (for randall use) and silicone / similar tubing (for hopback use). Cheers

Hi Guys,

I just signed up for this deal HopShopGo for the first 1kg of shipping from the US for free ($28 value).

I've placed an order through Hops Direct using HopShopGo's (must be the pun of the year) "Buy for Me" option.

Hopefully it all goes to plan and saves me even more dollars.

Currently 330 shipping waivers left at their site.

I have never used this service before so hoping all goes to plan.

Will let you all know whether it ends in tears or not.

cheers,
cliffo

From what I've seen so far, it seems easier and cheaper to use the "ship for me" function instead of the "buy for me". Depending on what you order I'd recommend reading through the rates & services section before you order.

Remember they r a business and will take a cut somewhere. I can't see how them shipping it for u is cheaper than getting hopsdirect to ship it for u

Loving this exchange rate. I always thought gas manifolds were way too expensive but I ordered one that looks epic online for about $100 AU.

6 outlets, and all have check valves, shut off valves, and best of all 1/4" MFL connections so I can use john guest fittings...

Loving this exchange rate.

It's great isn't it?

I'm a collector and have scored a few pieces from the US lately, although SWMBO is onto now and applied the handbrake :(

Batz

Loving this exchange rate.

I've still got an order from Hops Direct sitting and waiting till i get better than parity and i get a healthier bank balance :(

The 2 things have to balance for me to pull the trigger... but anyway the order is for 1 pound each of;
Amarillo
Cascade
Chinook
Willamette
Czech Saaz
Delivered for Approx AU$105 that works out to be AU$4.16 per 90g (which is my reference point)
soooo tempted :icon_drool2:

Argon I have most of those varieties already but I would love to Saaz. I'd either go halves with you or just do a swap if you want? I have...

EKG
Chinook
Willamette
Cascade
Columbus
Amarillo

I've still got an order from Hops Direct sitting and waiting till i get better than parity and i get a healthier bank balance :(

The 2 things have to balance for me to pull the trigger... but anyway the order is for 1 pound each of;
Amarillo
Cascade
Chinook
Willamette
Czech Saaz
Delivered for Approx AU$105 that works out to be AU$4.16 per 90g (which is my reference point)
soooo tempted :icon_drool2:

recently recieved my order - delivered within 9 days. Price worked out as you have there argon. Got Amarillo, Cascade, and the US versions of Goldings, Challenger, & Hallertau. Looking forward to comparing them with their usual homeland versions

Argon I have most of those varieties already but I would love to Saaz. I'd either go halves with you or just do a swap if you want? I have...

EKG
Chinook
Willamette
Cascade
Columbus
Amarillo

Still not sure if i'll actually do it mate... will let you know if i do and maybe trade some Saaz for some EKG. Just waiting on the latest credit card bill to see if there's a spare bunch of money to square away.

Very tempted to buy an MM2.

How do you drive it? Do you need the 1/2" drive shaft?

And yes, i am that tech retarded.

EDIT - was just checking the transaction and paypal is using a conversion rate more than 2 cents below the actual rate (95.9 vs 98.1). And i thought the banks were criminals.... Might have to wait a bit and see if the dollar goes back up again.

smurto, the 1/2 inch drive shaft is a MUST nearly all the pulleys you will want to fit to this are 1/2'' i found this out when looking for a pulley for my 12mm millmaster shaft

Was planning on using a cordless drill.

I drive my marga with a cheap Dick Smith cordless and a 10cm spade drill bit. Works fine. The reason i ask is that the drive shaft for the MM2 appears to be circular and so i don't see how a drill can grip it.

If it doesn't work straight out of the box i am stuffed. :(

Very tempted to buy an MM2.

How do you drive it? Do you need the 1/2" drive shaft?

And yes, i am that tech retarded.

EDIT - was just checking the transaction and paypal is using a conversion rate more than 2 cents below the actual rate (95.9 vs 98.1). And i thought the banks were criminals.... Might have to wait a bit and see if the dollar goes back up again.

Hey Dr, Paypal charge a commission of 2.50% which is factored into their conversion rate. I tried going direct via a bank and they weren't any better, in fact once their transaction fees were added in they were much worse (in my banks case anyway)

smurto, the 1/2 inch drive shaft is a MUST nearly all the pulleys you will want to fit to this are 1/2'' i found this out when looking for a pulley for my 12mm millmaster shaft

Not quite true, imperial is a must, 3/8" (which i think is the standard shaft on the monsters) is easy to find pulleys for too. 12mm is just stupid. @dj check out australian pulley co in windsor, they do custom bore alu cast pulleys for a good price, I found the place after a months of phone surfing a year or so back. I posted it on here and it inspired a BB of millmaster pulleys, which I think everyone was happy with.

getting these things running on motors are a easy and motors these days are not too expensive i got a brand new motor to run my MM its was $150

Latest posts

Back