Dedicated Braumeister Guide, Problems & Solution Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also didn't get a reliable rolling boil, especially in the winter.I use a cut to fit gym mat around the outside. It gets to temp faster and boils more reliabliy. You can see it here https://beerbackhome.com/the-brewery
It only cost about $13 with enough to cover the HLT (12L urn).

I have the 20 and don’t get a vigorous boil, like I did with my previous nasa burner. Having said this I also don’t get boilivers anymore. And TBH a vigorous boil is not needed it just needs to boil.

Does anyone else have trouble maintaining steady boil with the 50L brau

Sometimes mine seems to be a bit lack-lustre if I don't have the hood on. Once the hood's on, the boil definitely becomes more vigorous.
My hood is a large S/Steel mixing bowl with a 150mm hole cut into it.

Interestingly, the boil off rate doesn't seem to be that much different whether using a hood or not.
Disclaimer (Only compared it once and was boiling water).

I was thinking of ordering a pair of fine mesh filter replacements from BAC brewing but the shipping from Italy is fairly expensive. I'm in the Canberra area and I would be keen to see if anyone else wanted to order anything from them to make the postage more worthwhile. Or if anyone can recommend a cheaper option for better built fine mesh filters.

I got rid of the mesh filters, got sick of jabbing my fingers, got light gauge perforated plate from Geordie Stainless, or there should be someone in Brisbane sells S/S mesh or perforated plate, you only need off cuts.

He's after the perforated disc that Bac brewing makes (or one made locally as per Weals suggestion).

How much was postage from Italy? When I got mine sent to a mates place in the UK, they came in no thicker than an envelop.

He's after the perforated disc that Bac brewing makes (or one made locally as per Weals suggestion).

How much was postage from Italy? When I got mine sent to a mates place in the UK, they came in no thicker than an envelop.

Delivery would come in at just under 60 euro for 26 euro worth of gear. I'm trying to find an email they sent me earlier that says it's a flat rate up to a certain weight but I can't locate it.

Delivery would come in at just under 60 euro for 26 euro worth of gear. I'm trying to find an email they sent me earlier that says it's a flat rate up to a certain weight but I can't locate it.
Here is one of mine I made from an off cut I have another piece left you can have for free, I get to Moorabbin a fair bit so I can call into Geordie and get another piece. Will you be able to cut and drill the pieces? Also is it the 20 litre BM

001.JPG 003.JPG

60 euro for 26 euro worth of gear
I just say f* a lot! Its a shame Speidel don’t fix this issue its the one bad thing with the Brau. Oh, other than the tap…. Garlock have a machine for putting SS edges on metal/graphite gaskets for the petroleum industry it would cost sod all to do at the factory.

I have the 20 and don’t get a vigorous boil, like I did with my previous nasa burner. Having said this I also don’t get boilivers anymore. And TBH a vigorous boil is not needed it just needs to boil.

I have the 50lt and the boil was a bit howdy doody, now with a jacket and the stainless hood (both original Braumeister) I have to use FermCap AT antifoam to stop boil overs.

I have the 50lt and the boil was a bit howdy doody, now with a jacket and the stainless hood (both original Braumeister) I have to use FermCap AT antifoam to stop boil overs.
I use the 50 with just the stainless hood and need to use Fermcap.

Thanks for the offer but I don't have the means to cut it myself. I'm looking into options here, it's not too urgent so I'm not stressed at the moment. If I come up empty I might hit you up if you're still happy to help.

Been out of the brewing game for a few years :(

Too time poor :(

Wife and kids decided to fix this for Father’s Day :)

Proud new owner of a BM50+!!!

Now, I’m sure I have some fermenters around here somewhere...

I have both, the Chinese SVB's and the BM, when I got the BM direct from Germany it came in a box that a Leopard tank commander would have been proud of, but even though I have pushed the Chinese SVB's to their limit they are holding up. In saying that I would never get rid of my BM just in case.

Back