Dedicated Braumeister Guide, Problems & Solution Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone’s tried the delayed start function in fw 1.26 yet?
I tried it myself this morning and delayed start works fine. Last night I set the timer on the BM like in the photo below and this morning it started warming water by itself. The only confusing thing was lo let the BM controller be as in the photo below and not press the right most button.
IMG_0169.JPG

Well I have the 2009 version I am happy with that, don't want to confuse my brain with hi tech brewing equipment, I am capable of rising at the crack of nine and turning it on.:)

Hey guys has anyone else had problems scaling recipes with Beersmith 3. It gives me a crazy amount of hops to meet an IBU. I have checked the hop utilisation and it's set to 100%. I plug in different equipment and it gives roughly what I'd expect as hop quantities. I have the 50L brau. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Has anyone upgraded their older 50 l control box and still have their old control box in working order? I am interested in replacing my new and upgraded replacement. It has too many bells and whistles for me, and it the face gets fogged up.
Otherwise, I will have to get my old box repaired, the pumps switch gave up the ghost.

Has anyone upgraded their older 50 l control box and still have their old control box in working order? I am interested in replacing my new and upgraded replacement. It has too many bells and whistles for me, and it the face gets fogged up.
Otherwise, I will have to get my old box repaired, the pumps switch gave up the ghost.
I don't know how much the price difference is between the new and the old, but if you could manage with the old why change?

I happen to be in the market for the new controller and have a perfectly good old controller, so may be a swap is in order (plus cash). How much cash do you want on top of the swap?

Got a Brau 20

Okay, I am slack. Just read the manual. How often should the pump be stripped and clean?

Also, I think I may have done some damage to my tap. Anyone replaced their taps? Easy job? Expensive?

I generally always open the pump up and give it a clean after every brew, after cleaning let it all dry before putting it away. Not a big op, but look after what you have got.
Don't change the tap keep the original, what damage have you done?

I have found that sticking hose in the inlet or outlet is enough to dislodge any stray grain, so I no longer open the pump.

Same here and each time I have opened it I have never found anything which shouldn't be in there but it isn't a hard task to do so I do always do it, wouldn't even take 5 mins.

I always open my pumps (50l) once I'm finished. There's often small bits of hop debris in there and also I use a toothpick to clean out the impeller holes.
Wipe it dry and put it back together.

Got a Brau 20

Okay, I am slack. Just read the manual. How often should the pump be stripped and clean?

Also, I think I may have done some damage to my tap. Anyone replaced their taps? Easy job? Expensive?
One of my taps leaked, warranty replacement and easy to do.

Clean pumps every time, always crud in there and less than 5 min to do.

Back