Crap Movies Of The Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started watching "Ultraviolet" last week. A Mila Jovovich movie, comic book style, all done in CGI. Bad CGI.
Utter bollocks. I only lasted 15min, then deleted it from my harddrive.
She's definitely alright to look at, but a great actress she aint.

Splinter. Random horror movie where victims become merged into a giant hedgehog creature......

Any movie starring Will Ferrell is shite.....Land of the Lost is a classic example from this year. :icon_vomit:

Anyone want to help me start a PEWF chapter? People for the Evisceration of Will Ferrell. I can't stand him. Worst "actor" ever.

I'd like to echo those remarks, Ferrell is a tool.

Further more, I would also like to add another adherent to this brand of schtick.

Jack Black

I can't quite put my finger on it, but man, I can't stand the fat prick, He's nauseating and predictable. I did get a mild chuckle out of 'Tribute', but that's where it ended. I find him totaly him un-funny in the same way find Letterman un-funny.
The audience applauds and laughs, I just sit there thinking 'what the **** was so funny about that?' But they are both millionaires, so who knows?
Maby it's just me..

SWMBO's pick of last week - The Bounty Hunter.
Was this supposed to be comedy? Jennifer Aniston needs to find a new film genre

Just saw RoboGeisha the other day. While not awful it most certainly does not live up to its potential. From the same director as The Machine Girl (awesome) this is basically the same movie but slightly more on the exploitation side of things yet somehow worse.

Inception

Went in expecting something mind bending, in the end it was a re hash of the matrix films minus monica belluci :icon_chickcheers:

Maybe i was tired but this one definitely goes into the overrated box.

Animal Kingdom on the other hand. Dark, depressing new australian film with one of my favourite aussie actors, Ben Mendelsohn. A tad uncomfortable in parts but a very good film. Underbelly without the hype, stripped bare so you can see the real impact on people's lives. Brutally honest and the ending so abrupt. Loved it

G-force, talking guinea pigs racing manically around the streets in plastic balls. And what was the purpose of the Blonde GF? She played no part in the plot and I reckon they put her in just to stop the dads walking out of the cinema to grab a pint instead.

g_force.jpg

Edit: also, Madagascar 1 and 2 and Kung Fu Panda won't play properly on my Blu-ray - There's no English sound track. Swedish, Finnish, Estonian of course but no frign English setting. The studio apparently have never signed up to the Blu-ray 'consortium'. And there's no firmware update available for my cheap Dick Smith Blu-ray player either. Might ditch it and get a Sony when they drop below $100 next year. <_<

G-force, talking guinea pigs racing manically around the streets in plastic balls. And what was the purpose of the Blonde GF? She played no part in the plot and I reckon they put her in just to stop the dads walking out of the cinema to grab a pint instead.

View attachment 40061

Edit: also, Madagascar 1 and 2 and Kung Fu Panda won't play properly on my Blu-ray - There's no English sound track. Swedish, Finnish, Estonian of course but no frign English setting. The studio apparently have never signed up to the Blu-ray 'consortium'. And there's no firmware update available for my cheap Dick Smith Blu-ray player either. Might ditch it and get a Sony when they drop below $100 next year. <_<

When I first saw the trailer for that at the drive in, I said, "Talking guinea pigs...I think Hollywood is scraping the bottom of the barrel here". Thanks for saving me a movie rental cost.

The Expendables - Craptastic.
When it opened up with "A Silverster Stallone Movie" I laughed out loud. It could've just said "expect this film to be shit".

Honestly it was just brilliantly shithouse. Only a tiny smattering of CGI - just great old-school explosions, machine guns and death-by-bazooka glory.
Worth seeing with mates.

Scot Pilgrim Vs The World - Ok, so I haven't seen it and know nothing about it but this has got to win the thread hands down.

Inception

Went in expecting something mind bending, in the end it was a re hash of the matrix films minus monica belluci :icon_chickcheers:

Maybe i was tired but this one definitely goes into the overrated box.

Animal Kingdom on the other hand. Dark, depressing new australian film with one of my favourite aussie actors, Ben Mendelsohn. A tad uncomfortable in parts but a very good film. Underbelly without the hype, stripped bare so you can see the real impact on people's lives. Brutally honest and the ending so abrupt. Loved it

I concur... totally over rated... not nearly enough physics bending action going on for me... not to be seen again

Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds was the most rubbish file i've seen for years

Bruce Willis & some unknown guy doing a stereotypical role in

Cop Out.

terrible.

boy

NZ film about to be released here. It has some funny lines. But lacks any real direction and drags on forever.

boy

NZ film about to be released here. It has some funny lines. But lacks any real direction and drags on forever.

I really liked Waititi's Eagle vs Shark of a few years ago. Did you see that one? I've heard good things about this one and have been looking forward to it.

I though it was a great film. However i am a Tarantino fan.

I just watched this other night, and coming into it expect violence, swearing and blood I actually quite enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back