Crap Movies Of The Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent most of the film waiting for the big twist... and never getting one.

Visuallly it was gorgeous- the model work, the sets, all great. It just had a poor script and story, which is what is crucial to make good sci fi.

I haven't seen it yet but maybe it isn't sci-fi at all - just set on a spaceship?

I can't believe I forgot about The House of the Devil. Not only is it the worst film of this year but it is also one of the worst films of all time. Nearly as bad Begotten and Gummo.

Setting a movie on a moon base does not make it science fiction. Just like Star Wars is not science fiction. Just Like Sunshine (probably a more relevant comparison to Moon) is not science fiction. Movie could very well be science fiction, as I say haven't seen it, just putting the idea out there.

Nearly as bad [as]..........Gummo.

Wash

Out

Your

Mouth

Bad films I've seen this year are few and far between and some may be on dvd/video rather than actually made in 2009.

For some reason I saw the remake of the wicker man (original is superb). I knew it would be shite and I was correct.
I saw Juno. Not necessarily bad - just kind of dull and nerdy.
I saw excorcist 2 (big fan of 1 and 3) - I was expecting woeful but it was less dreadful than that. Just crap.
I saw black Dahlia - supposed film noir pastiche but amazingly tedious
I saw bits of ned kelly with heath ledger and bits of ned kelly with mick jagger. I've eaten pieces of glass that were more interesting.

Any movie starring Will Ferrell is shite.....Land of the Lost is a classic example from this year. :icon_vomit:

Anyone want to help me start a PEWF chapter? People for the Evisceration of Will Ferrell. I can't stand him. Worst "actor" ever.

2012 - A mate and I laughed the whole way through. Not sure that's the intended response to the movie. It's like they decided to put more wall to wall BS than any other end of the world movie in history. They succeeded.
------------------------------------
Best - Avatar 3D - Visually stunning. And the story is good enough to back up the effects.

2012 - A mate and I laughed the whole way through. Not sure that's the intended response to the movie. It's like they decided to put more wall to wall BS than any other end of the world movie in history. They succeeded.
------------------------------------
Best - Avatar 3D - Visually stunning. And the story is good enough to back up the effects.
Saw the 2D version last night. Just plain Awesome.

Moon was ok. Not great but ok

Agreed. It was a waste of the $15 I paid to see it, but overall it was just a ordinary film.

And since it was the only time I went into a cinema in 2009, it was both the best and worst film I've seen this year.

Knowing - WORST MOVIE EVER! (I think it may have been 2008 but only saw part of it this year as it was that shyte I turned it of)

Transformers 2 - Wasn't that bad but not that great

2 movies of late that I have watched that I wish I did not

1. Defiance (Daniel Craig)waiting all movie for somthing to happen

2. Land of the lost I (Will Farrell) I like randomness but this was stupiddity at its worst

2 movies of late that I have watched that I wish I did not

1. Defiance (Daniel Craig)waiting all movie for somthing to happen

2. Land of the lost I (Will Farrell) I like randomness but this was stupiddity at its worst

Has there ever been a good Will Ferrell film ?

Anchorman was the only one that has made me laugh.

Watched Stepbrothers last night. It's pretty funny.

But then again, I love Anchorman, Old School and his cameo in Wedding Crashers was good too.
Pissed myself laughing the whole way through Stepbrothers.
Stepbrothers and Talladega Nights are hilarious. Mainly due to John C. Reilly being just as funny as Will.

Back