CraftBrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some ingredients from Craftbrewer a while back (November, I think). I went in not really knowing what I wanted or how to achieve it, I had only brewed with extract up to that point. One of the staff members (Andrew?) explained BIAB brewing to me, as a means of getting the most out of my meager equipment and even put together a recipe for me as I wasn't too sure on the one I had brought with me.
I haven't had a chance to brew it yet, haven't been able to find or make the time yet, but I'm keen to get this IPA happening!

As everyone else has said, great service! I'll definitely be coming back for ingredients and equipment!

The trick with CB is to get the order in so they can start processing it Tuesday when they open. Later in the week they can still get the stuff out of the door quick smart but then it's in the hands of Aus Post or Fastway and out of their control, leading to the order being held in a warehouse somewhere over the Weekend.

Later in the week they can still get the stuff out of the door quick smart but then it's in the hands of Aus Post or Fastway and out of their control, leading to the order being held in a warehouse somewhere over the Weekend.

I've asked them to hold my order and send it out at the beginning of the week so it wouldn't get stuck in Postal Land. They've sent the package on Monday, when they're closed, and it's arrived in Melbourne Wednesday afternoon.

Superlative service, hands down. I'd nearly move local to them so they'd be my LHBS.

Do these guys normally update your order when posted with tracking, did an order over the weekend and got nothing today about it being posted. Was hoping would go out today perhaps that was optimistic.

Closed Mondays so normally gets picked and packed Tuesday. However with long weekend might not get away till tomorrow possibly. IIRC, Fastway send you the updates, not CB.

I had a great experience with CB recently, ordered some kegs and one had a leak in the lid. I had a replacement within a few days no questions asked at no extra cost. Can't fault them in 4 or so orders I've put through

CB. Way worth the drive from the Goldie! Much prefer to pick up in person that way I'm not waiting for the AusPost guy. Awesome service, always helpful, great selection, best store around.

Odd they come up as a scrap metal place on my credit card statment.
Come up as scrap metal when I put money in their bank acc too. Weird. Still got my order promptly and in good condition so no dramas.

I thought my order wasn't processed after a couple of working days on my 2nd order, then looked in gmail spam, saw all details including tracking that showed it was on the way to my house, so my mood was soon reversed!

Drewski said:
Quite so. Ross's original calling before he got into home brew supplies and microbrewing, no doubt the company still exists.

Drewski said:
wereprawn said:
Come up as scrap metal when I put money in their bank acc too. Weird. Still got my order promptly and in good condition so no dramas.
Surely that's for those of us out there which have joint credit cards ect and have to justify why we are spending money on more "bloody beer stuff" :ph34r:

I don't have the joint card issue but I'm sure some do....

Drewski said:
Do these guys normally update your order when posted with tracking, did an order over the weekend and got nothing today about it being posted. Was hoping would go out today perhaps that was optimistic.
Drewski,

All weekend orders were packed & dispatched this morning, we got in all our part timers to catch up on the long weekend
Unless it was missed or some issue with the order it would have been dispatched today.

cheers Ross

Ross said:
Drewski,

All weekend orders were packed & dispatched this morning, we got in all our part timers to catch up on the long weekend
Unless it was missed or some issue with the order it would have been dispatched today.

cheers Ross
Hooray! can't wait for my temp controller to arrive!

Thanks ross. I did auspost express so bit of luck I might have it before the week end.

Bought the new improved grain bag for my urn a couple of weeks ago. I used it for the first time last night and it's definitely better than the previous model.
The material seems better quality, the wort drains quicker and the bottom of the bag, when raised, doesn't bulge out as much as the old one, so no wort trickling down the outside of the urn.

:beerbang:

Black Devil Dog said:
Bought the new improved grain bag for my urn a couple of weeks ago. I used it for the first time last night and it's definitely better than the previous model.
The material seems better quality, the wort drains quicker and the bottom of the bag, when raised, doesn't bulge out as much as the old one, so no wort trickling down the outside of the urn.

:beerbang:
Nice one. I had a look at them this morning when I popped in. Definitely look stronger and the material feels a bit thicker. Wort dribbling down the urn is a real pain in the ass. My current bag probably only has a few brews left in it so will pick one of these up soon.

Latest posts

Back