CraftBrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slcmorro

87 Warning Points. Bad Boy!
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience with CraftBrewer...

I had a few issues with some miscommunication regarding an order, and the staff there cleared it up quite professionally and quickly. Some transport issues arose with the courier service (outside of CB's hands of course) which I took up with them. I then emailed Ross @ CB and explained the scenario and quite generously Ross credited me back an amount on my card due to the delay (which he didn't have to do as it was the courier company's error overall) and forwarded a sincere apology to me.

I would definitely recommend CB to anyone wanting to purchase items online, as their service and followup has been second to none.

Ross definitely does a great job, I have had some excellent service of CB as well.

Great to see home-brewers being so well looked after. :beerbang:

I have only had a few dealings with CB as they had the awesome hops at a time prior to we had any on our side of the ditch. I was in panic mode due to not being able to order due to a glitch on the site and remember nothing but helpfulness in terms of communication and they arrived swiftly for hops coming from another country and they were used in my next brew.

I would use again when we run out over here as the prices are worth it also.

Cheers

I've also had great service both times I've ordered from them.

First time there was an error where i got pellet hops when i asked for flowers and a simple email to them that afternoon led to a fresh pack of flowers at my door the following morning. Second order was much larger and my explanation of the grain splits wasn't very clear (i think the format was lost in transfer also) but i received a call and we cleared it all up and the order was spot on. They even put my second order through on a Monday which they are normally closed on. Cheers :chug:

Yep, I'll second that. Always great service from Ross and the guys at CraftBrewer.

I live on the Northside and drive past another homebrew shop (from which I've had terrible service more than once), pay a toll for the bridge and go 40km out of my way to visit them.

pommiebloke said:
Yep, I'll second that. Always great service from Ross and the guys at CraftBrewer.

I live on the Northside and drive past another homebrew shop (from which I've had terrible service more than once), pay a toll for the bridge and go 40km out of my way to visit them.
Used to do exactly the same. Said shop with virtually the same suburb.

pommiebloke said:

I thought I was weird for doing that, one bad experience from a closer brew store was enough for me though.

They are fast and efficient, although I must say the Riwaka hops i bought from them was criminally expensive (a supply/demand thing I guess)

I go there occasionally to buy grains and yeast. Always friendly service and advice. It's about a half hour drive, there is a brew shop closer but CB has a much larger range and is cheaper. I'd go more often but been brewing a few lagers and because they take forever I haven't been using ingredients as quickly as I do when I'm brewing ales. :lol: Might have to have a little tasting next time I go in.

Parks said:
Who is this "Ross" at Craftbrewer you speak of? :ph34r:
A drunking bloody pom who has been more than responsible for a few of my headaches. He has no concept of the term moderation either.

Rocker1986 said:
:lol: Might have to have a little tasting next time I go in.
Good idea Rocker, but take a driver, preferably someone who doesn't drink beer as it is a virtual smorgasbord at CB.

Went there week-end before last for the afternoon "beer education" session. Great beers and great value. Anthony who works with Ross is great, very helpful. Set up my Kegerator for me, no fiddling around to get a good pour.

Jimmy

Parks said:
Who is this "Ross" at Craftbrewer you speak of?

:ph34r:
Maybe this will help ??

Ummm NICE.jpg

Put it this way, I realised it was worth paying the extra for postage down here

Well I ordered from CB last night, accidentally ordered & paid twice. They called me first thing this morning to clear it up and refund my mistake :) Great service.

Latest posts

Back