Coopers selling full kit & bits recipe packs with free postage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolfman1 said:
My brown dog didn't go terribly well in the fv but still tastes great. That used the same yeast so maybe they got a cheap batch off the back of a truck somewhere
yeah my ol brown dog took ages and didn't hit expected FG but my golden ale hit expected FG fine so maybe we got the same low viability yeast in the ol brown dog pack not the golden ale pack

Coopers Have there free post offer on till end of month
"If only all online shopping was this easy!

**WEBSITE LAUNCH OFFER** FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $50!*"
Offer ends June 30, 2014. Offer only applicable when total cart minus discounts and shipping fees is over $50.

Just received email from Coopers, orders over $50, free postage from anything in their store. Cans for club members are cheap and crap on greedy Big W (other thread)

I did the the Hop Slam recipe off the Coopers site a few batches ago exept I added a steeped Pale Ale/Bitter grain pack and and used Motueka hops as suggested on the old recipe, boiled for 5 mins then dry hopped, brewed it with 05.
I will be finishing the last of it today, it's been in the bottle for 7 or so weeks and is a very nice bitter beer.

I'm only new to the game so what would the difference be in using Bramling Cross over Motueka?

It's a english dual purpose hop Quite mild, fruity currant aroma.
New Zealand Moteuka Hops are a Saaz descendent with tropical citrus notes (all purpose)

Well, just put in a 6 tin coopers order including one of their IPA tins which I've never tried before. As it just so happens I have bramling cross in the freezer and the yeast that's brewing my current pale ale is nottingham so when it comes in I will be giving their hop slam a modified go. Might add 20g og bramling in at 10 min and another 20g at flamout and dry hop with an extra 20g as well, do it to 23 litres and add another kg of either dex or malt depending on what I feel like at the time to bump it up to a more manly strength.

The Hop Slam IPA looks good! I've never used Bramling Cross hops before but the profile says a spicy mix of blackcurrant and lemon. That sounds pretty good to me and with the tin + 1kg of Dry Light Malt extract made to 21lts it won't be for many of the mid-strength drinkers either. It should sport a good mouth feel though anyone with easy access to light crystal malt or carapils could steep 200- 300g to add a little something extra to it.

Plus, as Grott said, orders over $50 get free postage, it might be time for me to stock up on some unhopped extract.

Happy brewing brothers!

Their unhopped wheat extract is particularly great value for money, couldn't resist picking up a couple of them as well in my order

You selfish buggers have cleaned them out. Not a can of extract left on the electronic shelves.
My lhbs is doing them for 11.95 so it's not too much more.

I ordered the Hop Slam IPA pack today.

Got extract too. 1x light, 1x Amber.

Free shipping!

It would be unusual for coopers to run out of coopers stock....

Arrived today. Woo Hoo

Ordered yesterday afternoon. Arrived here today!

Looking forward to the UK IPA plus gearing up for my 1st full extract.

Threw this one down Thursday night and already 1010. Currently cold crashing to drop the yeast.

MitchD said:
Threw this one down Thursday night and already 1010. Currently cold crashing to drop the yeast.
If this is your first brew it might be worth leaving it a little longer, let yeast clean up some of the other off flavors. If you are more experienced and know what you are doing just ignore me...

brzt6060 said:
If this is your first brew it might be worth leaving it a little longer, let yeast clean up some of the other off flavors. If you are more experienced and know what you are doing just ignore me...
First time poster, long term brewer.

The Nottingham went off like a rocket and all I can smell out of the fv is lemons. This will be tasty when the yeast drops.

Back