Coopers selling full kit & bits recipe packs with free postage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menoetes

Reaction score
Hey Brewheads,

I was just surfing the Coopers site, looking at their kit recipes and so forth. It's all kits and bits sorta stuff; use kit + malt and sometimes even adding hops and steeping grains which is kinda where I'm at in my brewing at the moment.

The thing I have only just discovered and impressed the heck outta me was that Coopers sells some of these recipes in packs, sending you the whole line of ingredients (incl. hops grains and specialty yeast strains) for a reasonable price and free postage. Example right here, the Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale kit, a toucan kit with added hops, grains and specialty yeast:

https://store.coopers.com.au/shop/product/extra-strong-vintage-ale/

For less than $50 bucks all delivered to your door, I reckoned that to be a good deal. I know you might be able to do cheaper milling your own grains or by going down to your LHBS or even ordering from a couple of different vendors online but for a convenience at reasonable price I thought it was pretty good for the beginner brewer like me who's looking to go a bit further than the stock standard kit and kilo brew.

looks good. Reasonably priced too with the free postage. would be a good place to start the transition from a kit and a kilo brew enhancer to something a bit more technical. if you get one, make sure you taste the ingredients too. helps you get an idea of how they might contribute to the final flavour. Good luck!

Thanks Alex, I'm eyeing off their Ashes Ale kit, that looks like it has the makings of a good brew.

I'm just finishing a batch of coopers celebration ale at the moment, it's a lovely drop and I was very impressed with the beer given the minimal amount of effort involved, the recipe packs really are leaps and bounds ahead of the coopers kit and kilo packs.

There's usually coupon codes you can use for 10-20% off as well. They are in the box with the DIY fermenter kits. Google for them.

Giving your kit beers lots of hop flavour will allow the unwanted flavours to be disguised better, stick to hoppy beers and you'll find your not let down as much say when trying to brew a pilsner

ashes ale kit looks good. Especially as by the the time it will be ready to drink, the ashes will only be a month or so away.the instructions on the coopers website look good too. I usually steep grains for around half an hour in 60 degree or so water. maybe a bit longer. Means i can do it all on brew day and dont have to think too far ahead. (this makes my head hurt).
Somebody else on here may be able to comment on the method i use for steeping grain compared to the coopers method of overnight steeping in cold water.
go for it, have fun

I'm not a cricket fan but I am a big drinking fan, $42 for all the ingredients delivered to your door just seems to good for me to pass up. My order is in. Now lets see how fast Coopers delivery is, they are yet to disappoint me on a lot of other levels :) .

I ordered the Caribbean Siesta pack and delivery was about 6 days. That's to Rockhampton QLD so I thought it was reasonably quick.

I ordered the Saison kit and it was delivered within 2 days of receiving the Email from Coopers with shipping details to Cairns. Good work by Auspost and you can track the journey online.

I agree these kits and bits are good value for money and save you hunting around for bits and pieces.

missed out on the Vintage Kit but will probably do it the old fashioned way.

My Ashes ale arrived 5 days after ordering, smelled great in the fermenter (tho I think beer always does) and now is maturing away in a bottle. I very much look forward to trying it and I am struggling to stick to my 'one month' rule for bottle aging beer. I just want to be at it!

Just received my Saison Kit from Coopers with Danstar Belle Saison yeast just wondering what temperature to ferment at. Seems to be wide range of temperatures it works at. I am thinking 25C about the middle of the suggested range. It is my first Saison and hoping to reuse the yeast for a headbanger Stout Dark Ale strong toucan afterwards.

Tropical_Brews said:
Just received my Saison Kit from Coopers with Danstar Belle Saison yeast just wondering what temperature to ferment at. Seems to be wide range of temperatures it works at. I am thinking 25C about the middle of the suggested range. It is my first Saison and hoping to reuse the yeast for a headbanger Stout Dark Ale strong toucan afterwards.
Signing up on the Coopers forum is a good idea, PB2 is the Coopers go-to guy for these kits. He is great with info and advice there. As are the other members.

He said he uses Belle Saison at 28c, as he likes the funk it gives. He suggested 24c as middle of the road, for Saison flavour but not over the top if it is a first.

That said, I have never tried a Saison yet, and was going to get this kit too, but time got away from me.

As a novice brewer with only 4 brews under my belt, the Vintage Ale worked out equal to or better than the bottled stuff (IMO). Currently brewing the Hop Slam IPA. Added two sachets of the gold yeast and it went off like a bullet. Recon that fermentation has finished after 3 days. Will take a final reading tonight. Mmmm Hops.

Good I fancied the Vintage kit but they were sold out. Might still do it but will have to get hops from site sponsors

A new recipe kit is up on the Coopers (I should charge them for advertising), called the Cheeky Cherub. It's all extract which is new for them (as far as I know). I believe its a Little Creatures Pale Ale clone or close enough, given the name (the Cherub is the little creatures logo) and the hop profile (cascade, chinook & Nelson). With maybe the one exception of the use of Amber DME

https://store.coopers.com.au/shop/product/chubby-cherub/

Still $45 for an all extract brew incl. free postage isn't bad IMHO. If I've got any cash to spare come payday I'll have to order me one of these :)

Yeah it looks good. Im thinking of grabbing one, i think they are aim for a mix between fat yak and LCPA.

menoetes said:
A new recipe kit is up on the Coopers (I should charge them for advertising), called the Cheeky Cherub. It's all extract which is new for them (as far as I know). I believe its a Little Creatures Pale Ale clone or close enough, given the name (the Cherub is the little creatures logo) and the hop profile (cascade, chinook & Nelson). With maybe the one exception of the use of Amber DME

https://store.coopers.com.au/shop/product/chubby-cherub/

Still $45 for an all extract brew incl. free postage isn't bad IMHO. If I've got any cash to spare come payday I'll have to order me one of these :)
As far as I know this is Coopers third all extract recipe of the month. Maybe they'll develop a partial mash recipe one day.

Latest posts

Back