Coopers bogged down in bible backlash?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earle - Certainly doesn't. I'm not advocating their beliefs or opinions, in fact many of them infuriate me - just trying to look at the issue from both sides without bias.
Suggesting that gay marriages be termed differently is verging on segregation and for that I should apologise - it wasn't my intent.

Last page or so has been pretty civil IMHO.

mtb said:
I'd say we're at the tipping point of the bellcurve. As peteru said..
HITLER

Well its good to get that out of the way

Just watched as much of the ad as I could be arsed with.

Nothing wrong with the concept of two people from the same political party with different views on marriage talking about it. The ad is cringeworthy but in the way that someone talking to you like you're 6 is cringeworthy.

'Hullo Children. Todaaiy, we're going to be talking about GAY people. People like you and me, except they're GAY.

Peter is GAY - Peter, tell us what being GAY is all about.'

Ad nauseaum.

Coopers apology is awkward and odd.

But seriously, two politicians presenting a balanced discussion? Two politicians from the same party?

The content is pretty non existent.
The concept is two people may have some things in common but some others that divide and still have a civil conversation which is fine.

I'm atheist, advocate for marriage equality and a long way from LNP but the ad was hardly vitriolic or homophobic.

Mildly pathetic - yes.

So is Coopers light so good company. If they'd done it with the stout, I'd be in the frontline with a pitchfork.

Jesus. Lots of storms in lots of teacups.

Maybe ad agencies could just start making some ads that are good instead of utter shite.

I guess if they could write something witty, exciting or informative, they'd be in comedy, drama or documentary respectively.

That was almost as good as Look Around You :maths.
Except maths is an actual joke.

I really don't even know why this hasn't been already legislated and why we're still having a debate over it. On one side we have those pushing for equal rights, and on the other side we have those pushing against equal rights because of a belief system rooted in morals that are outdated and stagnant. It is completely unfair. A lot of people don't hold these beliefs, so why should we be subjected to laws based on them? Everyone cracks up about Sharia Law being "imposed" on us but they're seemingly fine with Christians denying gays the right to marriage. What's the fuckin difference? It's still religious crap getting in the way of legislation that affects people not of that religion.

I'm not religious and I don't believe in God, Allah or whoever else, and supposing I was gay, why should I be denied the right to marry my partner just because some people who do believe in those things say I can't because to THEM it's wrong? Nobody is forcing them to take part in it, nobody is forcing any church to hold a gay wedding, and nobody is forcing them to change their beliefs, but the gay community are all supposed to lie down and be forced to abide by a belief that most of them probably don't even have. What a crock of shit.

Funny which countries we are behind.

US
Brazil
Mexico
Argentina
Colombia

And ******* South Africa....

Etc.

We'll eventually be dragged screaming into modern times, then the world will be engulfed in flame in a real life Benny Hinn prediction magically coming true while hens **** snails in an orgy of satanic depravity.

Ok this has gone far enough.

Universe.jpg

bradsbrew said:
De facto

In regards to legal terms, are gay couples that live together treated the same as hetro couples living together under a de facto relationship.

Being, if a gay couple are on centrelink and live together do the get the couples payment or singles?
If they split after whatever timeframe it is, are they legally bound to split possesion etc?
I'm not sure of the specifics of those, but say if your partner dies and you have a will with eachother as beneficiaries, the family of the deceased can contest it

Let them be legally bound through wedlock and then they can be miserable like the rest of us!

Back